if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Macetheace

you've seen clone wars right/ Darth Maul returned

well if he managed to survive it is all too possible MAce Windu can also. that would be soo cool though.

What about Anakin? what feel you guys about that? would you believe an Anakin come back... the metachorines reconstintute him, we have no idea whether it is possible, kinda like a Gandalf return, , or a medivh return, it's not quite certain how it happens, but it is to combat a great evil like a punishment of sorts to make up for the stuff he did as VAder.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fantasy franchises as a whole, not just Star Wars should start letting dead actually mean DEAD.

So, yea i think its a horrible idea :)

We never saw him dying, so he might have survived that fall, like Anakin survives the fall when he jumps out of a speeder in episode II.

A friend of mine had the idea for a Star Wars pen & paper RPG campaign, that he survived and has fallen to the dark side, while making hunt on imperials deep down on coruscant.

We never saw him dying, so he might have survived that fall, like Anakin survives the fall when he jumps out of a speeder in episode II.

A friend of mine had the idea for a Star Wars pen & paper RPG campaign, that he survived and has fallen to the dark side, while making hunt on imperials deep down on coruscant.

No, he didnt, crap like that is what is ruining everything, jesus.

Its like Boba, oh noo he survived the sarlacc pit blablablab, just let dead mean dead ffs.

No, he didnt, crap like that is what is ruining everything, jesus.

Its like Boba, oh noo he survived the sarlacc pit blablablab, just let dead mean dead ffs.

Funny thing is, that I never liked it that Boba survived it (and who knows, maybe he didn't after all, should the new movies start to ignore the current timeline after episode VI). The thing is, I don't mind such survivors if the story is intersting that is told, the Boba story wasn't good, but a Mace Windu could still have potential.

Funny thing is, that I never liked it that Boba survived it (and who knows, maybe he didn't after all, should the new movies start to ignore the current timeline after episode VI). The thing is, I don't mind such survivors if the story is intersting that is told, the Boba story wasn't good, but a Mace Windu could still have potential.

Agreed, sometimes it can make sense, but it just seems to be the rule more than the exception that people return from the dead.

When a popular character dies, it is supposed to emotional but it isent anymore, you just go "Shrug, he will be back soon".

No he is dead, just let it go already. Also quit bringing up what Anakin did in EP 2, he was actually conscious and focused and infact used The Force to locate where Zam's speeder was going to be at that moment he wouldn't have done so otherwise. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Didn't I resolves this issue a while ago. Mace Windu is

. :D

No, but seriously. I highly doubt Mace of all people will be coming back. Darth Maul's survival is plausible, he was chopped in half and received no other injuries, and was alive when he fell down the shute. And he didn't feel the impact, he grabbed onto an air vent and slid down a shute. (much like Luke did) People have survived those kind of injuries in the real world, so why not in Star Wars? (Especially seeing as Maul is strong in the dark side.) He also wasn't given much screen time and was something of a Boba Fett, didn't say much, but looked awesome anyway.

In terms of Mace Windu, he was was subject to the full power of Sidious' lighting. The most powerful Force lightning ever conceived. And was then shot out of a window and fell several thousand feet or more to the depths of Coruscant. Where his body was most likely collected or left to rot. Such a fall would have certainly killed him, he had nothing to grab onto and was probably dead or at least unconscious when he was rocket out of the window.

And if Windu had survived, he would have made an appearance in the Galactic Empire era, which lasted for about 20 years. Yet he didn't, and he didn't contact Yoda or Obi-Wan. Nor did he make any contact after the Empire fell and the New Republic was established. Basically Windu is dead. :(

EDIT: On the topic of Boba, his survival is plausible. Death by Sarlaac is a slow, slow death by digestion. Boba could have escaped before the digestible fluids cut through his beskar armour. Beskar being one of the most durable metals in the galaxy. And his death was kinda lame. I totally support his survival.

Edited by Beniboybling

EDIT: On the topic of Boba, his survival is plausible. Death by Sarlaac is a slow, slow death by digestion. Boba could have escaped before the digestible fluids cut through his beskar armour. Beskar being one of the most durable metals in the galaxy. And his death was kinda lame. I totally support his survival.

Boba is dead, and i love Boba, but it was lame as hell that they just wouldnt let him stay dead.

Beni Fett didn't hav Besker armor until after. Before that he just had duraplast, even then it was just his chest and helmet. The rest of his armor was just Power Line armor, which ya that did help protect against the acids. Though really his survival really shouldn't have happened, or at least it shouldn't have happened 3 more times....his 1st survival was stupid enough.

Boba is dead, and i love Boba, but it was lame as hell that they just wouldnt let him stay dead.
I consider dying by rocket pack malfunction (damage inflicted by a blind guy) and then coincidentally flying right into the open jaws of a Sarlaac after doing nothing but 'look cool' more lame. I don't think you see him get a single kill in the whole saga...

EDIT: And Wolf, Wookieepedia says otherwise, just sayin. He also lost a leg. But I agree, falling in three times (just on its own) an escaping each time is kinda dumb and pointless.

Edited by Beniboybling

I consider dying by rocket pack malfunction (damage inflicted by a blind guy) and then coincidentally flying right into the open jaws of a Sarlaac after doing nothing but 'look cool' more lame. I don't think you see him get a single kill in the whole saga...

EDIT: And Wolf, Wookieepedia says otherwise, just sayin. He also lost a leg. But I agree, falling in three times (just on its own) an escaping each time is kinda dumb and pointless.

Says his armor is duraplast which made his original mando armor, he got Besker at a later date.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He is only dead in the eyes of George who made an off the cuff comment that Bobba was dead. He even recanted after acknowledging he wod have done it differently if he knew how popular Bobba was to become. So for all us original Star Wars babies......he lived. I considered him alive at tbe age of 8 after i saw the movie way back in tbe 70's.

Didn't I resolves this issue a while ago. Mace Windu is
. :D

No, but seriously. I highly doubt Mace of all people will be coming back. Darth Maul's survival is plausible, he was chopped in half and received no other injuries, and was alive when he fell down the shute. And he didn't feel the impact, he grabbed onto an air vent and slid down a shute. (much like Luke did) People have survived those kind of injuries in the real world, so why not in Star Wars? (Especially seeing as Maul is strong in the dark side.) He also wasn't given much screen time and was something of a Boba Fett, didn't say much, but looked awesome anyway.

In terms of Mace Windu, he was was subject to the full power of Sidious' lighting. The most powerful Force lightning ever conceived. And was then shot out of a window and fell several thousand feet or more to the depths of Coruscant. Where his body was most likely collected or left to rot. Such a fall would have certainly killed him, he had nothing to grab onto and was probably dead or at least unconscious when he was rocket out of the window.

And if Windu had survived, he would have made an appearance in the Galactic Empire era, which lasted for about 20 years. Yet he didn't, and he didn't contact Yoda or Obi-Wan. Nor did he make any contact after the Empire fell and the New Republic was established. Basically Windu is dead. :(

i cannot believe you just tried to convince us Darth Maul's end in Episode 1 was is less plausible than MAce Windu's..

cut in half vs one hand

both had what seemed a great distance to fall

neither had the fall shown

if you can pull MAul back from that sort of ending, you can upll Windu back.. powerful lightning or not the lightning didn't kill him it was the forch push typelightning, the previous ones were taken by his lightsaber.

some people just don't like certain character or want them back, that is acceptable, but then to come and make arguments trying to convince us that Mace's last scene looked more terminal than Maul is taking the miki. It isn't, you don't have to be a fantasy setting to write a comeback, many non fantasy films have had heroes and some villains come back from what would have seemed a far more convincing end than Mace,

when i first watched episode 3, and swa that scene, the first thing that came to my mind was that, oh not so bad, he can come back from this. - you see Qui'gon cannot come back, we saw his body burned and unlike Anakin, he wasn't made from the metachlorides, which is the only thing that can make an Anakin return plausible.

MAce may not come back, but a come back is certainly not as far-fetched as DArth Maul's was, and if MAul could come back, Windu certainly could.

No Mace coming back is far-fetched. He died before exiting the office.

Defenseless, Windu was bombarded with Sith lightning as Sidious unleashed a torrent of deadly energy at the Jedi Master. The forked bolts of lightning penetrated Mace's body, illuminating his form from within. The final blast bodily lifted him into the air, sending his form hurling into the Coruscant skies, to crash lifelessly somewhere in the vast cityscape below.

Keyword, Lifelessly meaning dead.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

i cannot believe you just tried to convince us Darth Maul's end in Episode 1 was is less plausible than MAce Windu's..

cut in half vs one hand

both had what seemed a great distance to fall

neither had the fall shown

if you can pull MAul back from that sort of ending, you can upll Windu back.. powerful lightning or not the lightning didn't kill him it was the forch push typelightning, the previous ones were taken by his lightsaber.

some people just don't like certain character or want them back, that is acceptable, but then to come and make arguments trying to convince us that Mace's last scene looked more terminal than Maul is taking the miki. It isn't, you don't have to be a fantasy setting to write a comeback, many non fantasy films have had heroes and some villains come back from what would have seemed a far more convincing end than Mace,

when i first watched episode 3, and swa that scene, the first thing that came to my mind was that, oh not so bad, he can come back from this. - you see Qui'gon cannot come back, we saw his body burned and unlike Anakin, he wasn't made from the metachlorides, which is the only thing that can make an Anakin return plausible.

MAce may not come back, but a come back is certainly not as far-fetched as DArth Maul's was, and if MAul could come back, Windu certainly could.

Let me first say that I like Mace just as much as I like Maul. I don't think anyone can't help but find Samuel Jackson epically cool. However I still believe Maul's surival is alot more plausible.

Firstly Windu fell several thousand feet, if not more. It easily could have been miles. Coruscant is a massively tall city, some of the skyscrapers are higher than the clouds. Maul fell a few hundred, then stopped his fall by grabbing onto an air vent and climbing in. Just like Luke did in ROTJ.

Secondly, dismemberment does not kill in Star Wars. It was not Windu's dismemberment that cause his death. It was Sidious' force lightning.

Thirdly, 'force push lightning' doesn't exist, you just made that up on the spot. Sidious charged him with super powered lightning that was clearly causing some serious damage to Windu. He was was standing their shaking like a crazy dude, with his bones illuminated, for 15 seconds before the sheer power of the lightning rocket him out of the window. Lightning his lightning, there is no such thing as 'force push lightning' that only pushes and doesn't kill/harm. That's called force push. You may wish to watch the scene again. Oh yeah, Windu wasn't feeling that lightning at all.

Fourthly, as Wolf points out - Windu was dead or at least unconscious as he fell. Maul however, was evidently alive and conscious when he was falling. Watch the scene

, dead/unconscious people don't scream. Lets also remember that people don't tend to die instantly if chopped in half, all your vital organs are in the upper half of your body, you die of blood loss. Maul didn't die of blood loss because the blade cauterized the wound. People tend to die instantly from electric shocks, or in this case, electric explosions which cause brain damage, blindness, severe burns and calcification.

If you still disagree, please but forward a plausible theory for Windu's survival after being subject to the full power of the most powerful Sith Lord whoever lived, rocketed out of a Windu, and then plunged several thousand feet to the depths of god knows where. And don't say he grabbed onto a speeder. He was clearly unconscious if not dead.

EDIT: Finally there is no place or reason for him to come back in the future. He was silent throughout the course of the Galactic Civil War and beyond that.

Edited by Beniboybling

Amazing that people cant just accept that people die, pisses me off tbh.

It ruins every single franchise out there, with all this coming back from the death nonsense.

That's your opinion, but Maul has done pretty well in the Clone Wars, and basically made the season. I agree with you concerning Mace Windu though, I think this guy just needs to stay dead.

(Bringing back the Emperor was also complete and utter @#!%?£$ which completely disregarded the point of the entire Star Wars saga - however I don't reviving Maul and Fett had such a major impact)

That's your opinion, but Maul has done pretty well in the Clone Wars, and basically made the season. I agree with you concerning Mace Windu though, I think this guy just needs to stay dead.

(Bringing back the Emperor was also complete and utter @#!%?£$ which completely disregarded the point of the entire Star Wars saga - however I don't reviving Maul and Fett had such a major impact)

Course not, cause they were minor characters at the start.

Course not, cause they were minor characters at the start.
Exactly, bringing back minor but popular characters does not harm the franchise. If anything it makes it better because it takes the huge potential of these sidelined characters and expands on them. Before TCW Maul was just a brutish weapon of Sidious who did his bidding and then was killed. Now we see he is not an unintelligent brute, he is cunning, manipulative (and his voice acting is great!) and he want's revenge. We're finally seeing the good guys lose, especially Obi Wan who has been owned twice, the second fight was actually quite suspenseful, and Adi Gallia was killed. And we're finally going to see Sidious pick up a lightsaber! I really don't see the negatives of bringing back a character like Maul, who was wasted in The Phantom Menace. (And in the real-world its boosted popularity for the show, and secured future seasons.)

Not sure about Boba Fett, I know little about his EU exploits. But what I do know is his potential was equally wasted in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. He said little and did little, his character was not explored at all. The EU is doing that, its exploring and expanding on a character with incredible potential, and giving them a good reason to resurface the Mandalorians. I see nothing but positives... except coming to terms with slightly implausible deaths.

In a nutshell, I have nothing against, and wholeheartedly support the revival of minor characters whose potential was never fully realised. Mace Windu is not one of those characters, and I therefore would not support his revival. And I reject the resurrection of Sidious for the same reasons. Some characters should stay dead, they've fulfilled their purpose. Boba and Maul are not those characters, they have so much more to give.

Point but looking at it in another way, they didn't really need to be brought back either. Its not like the franchise would have just died without em.
Of course not, but that's what not I'm saying. I'm just saying that leaving Maul and Boba dead would be such a waste of potential, its just plain silly. In such a sense they did need to be brought back, and I believe the positives outweigh the negatives (or rather 'negative' as the only bad thing is the implausible survival scenarios - which aren't that implausible.)

I mean, think of it like this:

Who raged when Malgus and Serevin were killed? I did, they could have given so much more. Who wants them back? I do!