Conquest kind of ruins GSF sometimes

Iamgoz

With this week rewarding medals I've popped into several GSF instances where there's a group of four guys from the same guild that just camp one node and leaves the rest of us to try to actually win a match. once it's obvious what's going on, the rest of us follow suit, because we'd be idiots not to.

You get more points for winning and doing well (indirectly - medals). One of the starfighter guilds on our server has won Corellia 2-3 times in a row while also creating a lot of fun matchups. I think conquest helps GSF. Edited by TrinityLyre

I'm with Stasie here. There are definitely more lopsided matches it seems when the conquest stuff happens, but I'm pretty sure it's just a result of having more matches in general.

But with that said, the conquest events that are heavily tied to GSF seems to bring a lot of fliers out of "retirement", and some of them are quite good (at least, this is by observation on JC. I can't speak for other servers, since I don't really know the general, every day pilots on those servers, much less those who don't fly except for things like this). And with that, the general quality of the pilot pool seems to improve. I've had some really, really good matches, win or lose, when this event is up and running.

And I can't help but think that just getting more people out there is good for the overall strength of the game/community. Undoubtedly, some of the new pilots this sort of thing brings in via conquest grind will end up liking GSF, and will stick around and get better.

If they just farmed, they weren't of much use anyway.

Let's see the medal list:

3 for Kills		2	5	8
3 for assists:	4	8	12
3 for total damage	10k	20k	30k
1 for solo kill	1
2 for damage repair	2k	4k
4 for sat capping	1	2	3	4
4 for sat defense	1mins	2mins	4mins	6mins
22 total

If they were good, they would play more actively...

PS.

Reminder - medals are NOT generating comms. Also, by defending a node for entire match you get less comms than by capping another node :)

I've started doing more GSF because of conquest, but I've ended up guarding a node on my own. Is it better to cap the node and then leave it unguarded? I'm a little new to PvP stuff in general, but I like GSF and have started to do a little more here and there. This means I'm unfamiliar with how things generally run.

Is it better to cap the node and then leave it unguarded?

This is by far the most frustrating thing you could do in a 'DOM' match. Please guard it and call out incoming opponents.

Posting is hard.

Edited by eedwana