[VIDEO] Sentinel Solo PvP | Battlemaster

Moldrany

Important: Select 720p as resolution to get best quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=685v0BP5hAU

http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=2247

Moldran 2 - Sentinel PvP SWTOR

This video is a R62 Sentinel Combat Spec PvP Movie, most clips were frapsed in warzones.

Mostly 1v2, 1v3 and a few 1v1 fights. Two fights as watchman spec for a change. Server Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Europe.

- fast clips to show how to execute a proper cooldown rotation as sentinel vs different classes

- several longer clips against multiple opponents

Any questions please on youtube or in this thread, do not PM me personally so everyone gets to see the Q & A.

Enjoy watching!

Edited by Moldrany

Curious to knwo what your binds are...your movement is very fluid, and i am trying to get my binds set up properly. Any interest in sharing what your binds look like?

Keybinds are very individual.. The best recommendation I can give you is to level up with the spec you want to play at 50 and always bind abilities as soon as you get them, it takes a while to get used to them. That way it's much easier than to change binds at level 50 and having to get used to 50 keybinds at once.

And you should try to keybind every single ability, I think I used every ability in my video except the 20 min CD and the 2 strikes you can't use on PvP players.

my combat keybinds (german keyboard layout)

1 riposte

2 force leap

3 strike

4 blade rush

5 kick

6 precision slash

alt 1 force sweep

alt 2 force stasis

alt 3 pacify

alt 4 pommel strike

alt 5 cyclone slash

alt 6 opportunity strike

shift 1 pass huttball

shift 3 disable droid

shift 4 rebuke

shift 5 saber ward

f resolute

x introspection

v mount

c cripping throw

e blade storm

q master strike

r leg slash

alt c dispatch

alt x pvp heal pot

alt v biochem heal pot

alt r cauterize

alt f awe

alt ^ guarded by the force

mouse left 1 force camouflage

mouse left 2 valorous call

mouse mid zen

f1 zealous strike

f2 force might

f3 aturu form

f4 start fraps

shift ^ call on the force

shift c dps relic 1

shift x dps relic 2

shift e inspiration

alt e transcendence

alt q sprint

ctrl c relic 1

ctrl x relic 2

ctrl 1 companion attack

ctrl 2 companion passive

ctrl 3 companion heal

ctrl 4 companion shot (high dps)

ctrl 5 companion hot

w move forward

a strafe left

d strafe right

Nice vids!

And yeah, first thing I do in any mmo game is switch from keyboard turn to strafe. So much better! :cool:

Rolling a new char for 1-49 pvp on the side and can't decide between sentinel and sage.

Question: Is sent pvp viable before getting to 50 and unlocking all abilities/talents? I would be starting pvp from level 30 onwards probably.

Let me know if its a bad idea!

I like the vid. 2 comments:

- u don't go behind anyone, get behind them and they have to face u to use an ability (unless aoe being used)

- absolutely nobody waited/CC'd u for 6 seconds for ur 20% dmg thing to diminish.

Also a question: did u try Focus & how would u rate it vs the other 2 trees?

Edited by muradi

Nice vids!

Question: Is sent pvp viable before getting to 50 and unlocking all abilities/talents? I would be starting pvp from level 30 onwards probably.

Depends on your spec. Watchman is stronger while leveling, combat starts to shine after level 43 when you have the key talents. Before it is viable as well, but is even harder to play because you have to monitor all random aturu procs for bladestorm.

Sentinel/Marauders are definately good choices for alts, because they are so much fun to play.

kinda nice video... although i closed my eyes and listen to music mostly..

watching republicans outfits makes me wanna puke.. (i`m sith, and yes i do think they should change it.. )

Yea, it's a shame that full champion and full battlemaster sets look this crap as sentinels :/ I'm thinking about rerolling marauder just for this reason ^^

Agree your outfit looked like a Power Ranger :eek:

But the vid was entertaining, I'd like to rely more on strafing than moving forward using both mouseclicks, as I'm used to my binds but aren't really confortable to use while strafing :(

Thanks, yeah it takes some time to change systems that you have been using for a very long time.

But often, optimising keybinds or movement pays off after a few hard days of getting used to them.

A few years ago, many clickers didn't want to change because they were doing well and didn't see a reason to change. In the end almost everyone changed it now and is doing better with it.

Thumbs up on that one, haven't seen many sentinels using that specc in PvP...Played a marauder myself but I rerolled because one of my main interests is PvE and Melees are just garbage compared to ranges atm...might come back to my marauder some day though and since I'm close to battlemaster on my Sorcerer as well I will have plenty of time for another char xD

but I like how you use all the CDs you have to come out on top in 2v1 / 3v1 situations, that's some crafty stuff :D

1v1 sentinels / marauders are just beastly if played correctly it's the only class I really fear in PvP atm even though I can kite them around quite well once they're on you you're just toast :D

shame on the looks of that gear though...I thought Marauder was weird but actually it's quite nice and compared to this eye cancer ...wow..

anyway keep up the good work :D