Juggernaut & Assassin: When do they start to ge fluent?

saugerbauer

Hey all,

recently I got my Assassin and my Juggernaut to level 20. (Note: I'm going for PvP only) Allthough I like the Juggernaut more I feel like both of them seem to lack of something. I can't really describe it.

So my question: when do they get some significant spells whifh make their playstyle more fluent?

Hey all,

recently I got my Assassin and my Juggernaut to level 20. (Note: I'm going for PvP only) Allthough I like the Juggernaut more I feel like both of them seem to lack of something. I can't really describe it.

So my question: when do they get some significant spells whifh make their playstyle more fluent?

Yes they will. Jugs don't develop much at all til 30+. And assassins don't get some key things in their trees till 30+.

And assassins don't get some key things in their trees till 30+.

Shad/Sins start blooming slightly earlier than their 30s. The tank tree gets DW/KW and Project/Shock autocrit/CD-reset in their early 20s and a drastic increase to their Force generation in their mid-late 20s. The middle tree gets their unique stance (which gives them a *lot* of damage thanks to making Force Breach/Discharge getting the different effect) and the Project/Shock cost reduction, both of which make them much more effective and efficient. The DoT tree gets FiB/Death Field at 21 and, while it has to wait til mid-late 20s, their Mind Crush/Crushing Darkness proc talent that makes them finally playable.

Basically, tank and Infil/Deception bloom and start having a well defined playstyle in their early 20s while Balance/Madness have to wait til their mid-late 20s. The Guardian/Jugg specs really have to wait a bit more, however (all 3 of em really have to wait for their low 30s).

The Guardian/Jugg specs really have to wait a bit more, however (all 3 of em really have to wait for their low 30s).

Late 30s/early 40s, I'd say. Jugg/Guard DPS specs are arguably the most late-blooming specs in the game.

Late 30s/early 40s, I'd say. Jugg/Guard DPS specs are arguably the most late-blooming specs in the game.

Vigi starts hitting its stride when it gets Overhead Slash and the relevant buffs for it (bonus DoT, Blade Storm bonus) as it hits 30. Zen Strike is where things *really* start to take off as you go from 31-33. This doesn't meant that it *finished* its stride, but it starts playing like it should at that point. It does get noticeably better with each level after that though, so it's not like the highly visible plateaus of effectiveness that Shadows get.

Once Focus finishes getting Singularity and Felling Blow (level 25) stuff starts falling into place for it. The passives soon after start to bring out the potential of Force Sweep, which is why I said low-30s.

Defense is... funky since most of your resource problems tend to get address when you get Courage and you finally start getting gear with Defense on it so you can rely on Riposte more than tangentially, but it doesn't start getting truly effective until a bit later. It might actually be justifiable to claim that Defense doesn't even start to bloom until 35 (when it gets Visionary). The biggest problem with figuring out Defense is that there isn't any one tier that really gets it over the hump. It has a largely linear progression with a lot of stuff that accumulates until you end up looking back and realizing that the hump is way far away, somewhere down the line.

Edited by Kitru

Vigi starts hitting its stride when it gets Overhead Slash and the relevant buffs for it (bonus DoT, Blade Storm bonus) as it hits 30. Zen Strike is where things *really* start to take off as you go from 31-33. This doesn't meant that it *finished* its stride, but it starts playing like it should at that point. It does get noticeably better with each level after that though, so it's not like the highly visible plateaus of effectiveness that Shadows get.

Once Focus finishes getting Singularity and Felling Blow (level 25) stuff starts falling into place for it. The passives soon after start to bring out the potential of Force Sweep, which is why I said low-30s.

True, I suppose. Said "late 30s" because I don't feel comfortable with Vigilance/Vengeance without regular Rampage/Zen Strike procs.

As far as Focus is concerned, I suppose I'm just way too spoilt by rolling Smash crits.

Defense is... funky since most of your resource problems tend to get address when you get Courage and you finally start getting gear with Defense on it so you can rely on Riposte more than tangentially, but it doesn't start getting truly effective until a bit later. It might actually be justifiable to claim that Defense doesn't even start to bloom until 35 (when it gets Visionary). The biggest problem with figuring out Defense is that there isn't any one tier that really gets it over the hump. It has a largely linear progression with a lot of stuff that accumulates until you end up looking back and realizing that the hump is way far away, somewhere down the line.

I found that Defense has a lot smoother levelling/power curve than Vigilance/Focus. Perhaps it's just my subjective perception, though.

I found that Defense has a lot smoother levelling/power curve than Vigilance/Focus. Perhaps it's just my subjective perception, though.

I'll actually agree with you on the smoothness of the Defense leveling curve. There isn't any real point where it just spikes in effectiveness, other than 45, when you get Guardian Slash (which is big increase in damage and survivability and rounds out your attack string).