Moving on! What new companion would you like.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already have so many companions, our beginning 6, if we count our ship droid. Then we picked up the HK if you did that quest line. However we can only send 5 out on missions and can only use 1 when we are fighting, so we still have one left inactive. So what is the purpose of even having yet another companion? I am sure that we could pick ourselves up a whole army to fight for us but that really isn't reasonable, if the companions can't really do anything for us, and the game already gives us one companion of each type (IE: dps, healer tank, plus a few mixes) there just doesn't serve a need for more.

I'd rather have more added to our current companions before we get any news ones. I played a Jedi Knight in the beta and it was a lot of fun, especially romancing Kira. She's the best companion I've experienced so far, much better than the Sith Warrior's Jaesa companion. She just got really damn creepy, telling me she had blood crusting up on her robes... I heard so many great things about her and when I finally got her, she was creepy.

She's like that if you're evil.

For new companions? I'd love to see some more love interests, and some more interesting characters. For the Sith Warrior, Malavai was very boring in my opinion, and his voice became very annoying, and Pierce didn't interest me at all. I really did like Vette, but I went with an evil character, and I'm not going to go through everything again just to experience her romance.

When Malavai betrayed me I was looking forward to killing him, but nope.

Also, does anyone else feel a bit annoyed that you have to have a companion running around with you? It's not that bad, but I dislike having to depend on them. I dunno if you can survive without them, but I'm always getting whooped if I don't have Malavai summoned and healing me, or Jaesa DPSing. I wish there was more freedom with companions, there are some points in the story throughout the game where a companion will wrong you immensely, and you can't kill them. They come up with some lame excuse for you to keep them alive... maybe I don't want to keep my companion alive? This bastard just did something really horrible to my sith, I'm not going to keep him alive when I've killed people for doing far less to me. It's out of my character and breaks immersion for me. Not speaking for everyone else. '

There's also been a lot of debate about allowing same sex romance with companions, and as far as I know, the devs have come out and said that this would be a large undertaking. So here's a thought, why not make entirely new and original companions for the LBGT members of the community to romance? And I'm talking about making these companions exclusively homosexual, and make them interesting. I know a lot of the homosexual/bi players out there would really love to be able to romance, for example, Corso Riggs, but at this point and time it isn't possible, and it may not happen. I think it would be more realistic to have the current companions be completely straight, and have a new set of homosexual companions. BioWare made every companion in Dragon Age 2 romance-able by both sexes, and it just felt unrealistic to me. But of course I don't speak for everyone, and opinions are going to differ greatly on this matter. I don't mean to offend any players either, I'm just trying to provide an alternative.

Have a great day everyone, and be safe.

I want human companions. Group mates that are played by humans.

If I wanted NPC companions, I'd be playing a solo game.

So group with people?

I really don't see the issue. Bioware don't make the other players in the game... do they? Do they?!

How do I even know you're real!

So group with people?

I really don't see the issue. Bioware don't make the other players in the game... do they? Do they?!

How do I even know you're real!

Because I'm annoying all the time, not just the same 3 lines over and over!

But seriously... Very few people group in this game because A) there's hardly any group content and B) you never HAVE to group.

Because I'm annoying all the time, not just the same 3 lines over and over!

But seriously... Very few people group in this game because A) there's hardly any group content and B) you never HAVE to group.

I refuse to group whilst leveling, but that's far more of a personal thing.

Non-combatant companions would be interesting (and would work if we could have bolt holes and estates and such, rather than only our ships, and of course the ability to get rid of companions), but then you'd get the "what's the point if they don't fight?" response (either legitimate or whiny.)

If group content were mandatory while leveling - such as needing X other people or B class to do your class quest or the planetary quest - I'd imagine that would turn many people off, not to mention just be an inconvenience. I know I wouldn't really appreciate faffing about on my Operative, doing the mythical future Agent quests, and then suddenly being told I need to grab this many other people. Sure, it's doable and, yes, I can wait until my guildies are online and we can do this together, but the question is... why?

I know that's unlikely to ever happen, the concept itself is convoluted and intrusive, but you will always have people - people like myself, in fact - who will avoid group content during the leveling process if it's optional.

I'd love to get a Jawa companion, without having to be a bounty hunter.

I'd kill for the ability to swap two companions on my legacy roster, once I got them both unlocked with finishing the companion stories.

(the wookiee thing would go the way of the dodo instantly and got replaced by any other companion, even if it were an inanimate steel bolt)

Forgetting the Wookie bashing (I <3 Bowdarr on my Smuggler) this is an awesome idea. It will not break any immersion since people already had to work to get 10k affection and doing all convos. And all the one-liners each companion have can hardly break the immersion on a new character. Great idea!

They should introduce different alignment variations of each role, like one dark side healer comp and one light side healer comp.

It annoys me that my Bounty Hunter tank is stuck with Mako if I want a healer comp. I am tired of switching mako out to my ship droid whenever I make dark side choices, I am tired of having to buy mako gifts to keep her happy.

It would be much better if I had a choice between a dark side healer comp and a light side. Same for all the other roles, light tank comp, dark tank comp, ect.

So my choice would be for them to add alternative pets for each alignment and role.

Edited by Gammawaves

I would like to see two new non-romance companion options added.

1) Droid combat companion

This would be a crafted companion. Armor slots accept normal droid gear and do not change appearance.

Setup would be the same as HK. Ability pallet would be limited, but programming modules could be dropped into the droid to change it's function (in the companion customization slot)...droids would have only three abilities except for Medic (4)

Ranged - Green - Two ranged attacks (high power single shot and automatic), one sleep attack - Medium armor

Melee - Red - Two melee attacks (strong and ranged jumpjet attack), one damage boost - Medium armor

Tank - Black - Two melee attacks (strong and area strong with knockdown), one agro taunt - Heavy armor

Medic - White - One ranged attack/heal (automatic), One single channeled HOT, One burst single heal, One group channeled HOT - Light armor

Unique to droids

Bombardment - Brown - One ranged attack (automatic), one AoE ranged/channeled knockback/knockdown attack, one knockback/knockdown single target rocket attack - Heavy armor

This would be done with the companion appearance slot, and a new role would change the droids color.

Three legged combat droids like the B8-M2 droid could be used. Performance is better than the ship droid but not as good as standard companions, though only slightly inferior.

2) Animal combat companion

This would be a crafted companion (from egg). Armor slots accept normal droid gear (treated as implants) and do not change appearance.

Setup would be the similar to the droid companions. Ability pallet would be limited, but training modules could be dropped into the animal to change it's behavior (in the companion customization slot)...animals would have only three abilities except for Healer (4)

Ranged - Green - Two ranged organic attacks (snipe and basic), one sleep attack - Medium armor

Melee - Red - Two melee attack (strong claw and ranged jump attack), one damage boost (frenzy) - Medium armor

Tank - Black - Two melee attacks (strong and area strong), one agro taunt - Heavy armor

Healer - White - One ranged organic attack (basic), One group channeled HOT, One group burst heal, One group area HOT - Light armor

Unique to animals

Control - Brown - One ranged organic attack (basic), one AoE debuff attack (strong), one AoE sleep attack - Heavy armor

This would be done with the companion appearance slot, and a new role would change the animals color.

There would be a variety of animal choices to choose from. Performance is better than the ship droid but not as good as standard companions, though only slightly inferior.

Edited by LordArtemis

Doctor Lemda Avesta for a shared Republic companion, and Lord Cytharat for a shared Imperial companion. (Yes, I know there are some potential complications on the latter, but nothing which some clever writing couldn't work around.)

Both are fantastic characters, but especially Cytharat.

Rather than getting any new companions I'd much prefer to be able to use 2 at a time, and eventually 3 at a time so we can run with our own custom party. This would only be available to higher-level content and much tougher difficulties.

My dream is to run with my own real Havoc squad.

Hmm, from npcs I've met along the way, I rather enjoyed Captain Beron, Lieutenant Rutau, Lord Cytherat. I'd love it if we could get one/all of these guys.

Then again, I'd be extremely happy if the ones we're with would interact with us again. I miss them...and I've rolled a ridiculous amount of alts and kept a lot of fraps just to enjoy those moments again. :o

Edited by Lunafox

Bounty Hunter:

Some crazy Sith Lord hired us to kidnap a force sensitive child in order to make him his new apprentice. Obviously, the child is not the ordinary one. He's surprisingly strong in the Force for his age, besides, a secret son of a famous and powerful Jedi Knight.

At some point we reach the child, kidnap him and hide somewhere. Upon returning to our employer, we find out that he's slain by the said Jedi, who takes us by surprise in the Sith Lord's chambers. However, the Jedi quickly realizes that she's powerless against us. The thing is, her son's life is in our hands. First, he's very well hidden. Second, there is a special device implanted in his body, which tracks the vital functions of our own. If we get any kind of severe damage, the device is going to explode.

So, we make the said Jedi our companion simply by blackmailing her. She's compelled to act as our bodyguard from now on - as long as we are safe, her son is safe.

Murghir. It would be awesome if she was just feigning her death (yeah, she's a good actress), and our paths would cross later. The relationship starts with her desire of revenge, but eventually develops into something different :)

I've thought about this before and thought about several ideas:

1. An ex Sith for the Republic and an ex Jedi for the Empire. The recruitment stories could be about their defection.

2. A Wookie for everyone. Recruited in an expansion on Kashyyyk. Lightside the Wookie becomes a best friend (like Han Solo/Chewbacca), Darkside the Wookie becomes your slave and you force him to do evil things.

3. This one is a bit of a unique response - Different droids. There could be three types (tank, heal, damage), and Bioware could sell different models on the CM with the only differences being aesthetics. Then bring back companion deaths.

I don't believe there is a need for new companions. We have A LOT of companions as it is and I'd rather talk to them more and develop new relationships. I'd rather get a light side Jaesa romance than a new companion who's going to sit on my ship forgotten (because I am hanging out with a healer, anyway).