Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so down with this.

AWESOME IDEA.

We should pick a date and be Occupy Coroscsant. Or the Blue Mos Eisley Tea Party if you are conservative! We embrace ALL in the Jedi Order. Just show up to Coroscant Senate Lobby, as many shirtless Jedis as we can pack on a date of our choosing and show the Devs how much we want it. Open to suggestions on dates. Let's do it!

From what others have said, people in Beta complained they didn't have hoods, so they just put hoods on all the robes.

What they should've done is given both options, if they knew a hood toggle wouldn't be possibly by launch. Hopefully if we stay persistent, we can still get a temp fix soon, like a few nice orange hood down pieces added to commendation vendors or something.

Yeah, I remember playing in one of the beta weekends and I had gotten 2 robes, both of which did not have hoods. One was from the Tython commendation vendor, but they changed that one to the tunic thing. So, they obviously have the models. I just don't understand how they thought it was ok to proceed with the way it is now... :confused:

Yeah, I remember playing in one of the beta weekends and I had gotten 2 robes, both of which did not have hoods. One was from the Tython commendation vendor, but they changed that one to the tunic thing. So, they obviously have the models. I just don't understand how they thought it was ok to proceed with the way it is now... :confused:

No one does. Which is ironically the best reason I have for staying optimistic about this. It is so clearly a bad move, and so easy to fix (all of the armors we want are done and just sitting in their computer, ready for a name and some stats to be put in the game) that I simply have no reason to think they won't want to do this as soon as they can.

The "bang for their buck" ratio of fan goodwill per development hour spent is just too good for a sensible Dev team to pass up.

Freedom from Baldy Hoods now!

Edited by JohnRoy

I'm just adding a +1 for hood toggle. If hood toggle isn't in the cards I'd at least like one or two robes with the hoods down... I haven't seen a single one.

There are almost none. There is one moddable medium armor hood down look and one non-moddable heavy hood down look. That's it. No moddable heavy hood down looks at all. They have the armors done, they need to add them to the game.

I am a Jedi Guardian and I have now chosen to go for some medium armor, the armor hit is not that big really and now I atleast have a robe like armor with the hood down.

I managed to find a recipe for Aspiring Knight's Vest.

http://www.torhead.com/item/6L5mA3G

This armor looks like the medium armor you can buy from the commendation vendor on Tython. But it is just a temporary thing for me, if this is not fixed soon I am not sure I will continue playing on my Jedi Knight. I also refuse to wear the horrible Artifact gear you get on raids or PvP even though they do not have a hood.

Edited by Merwanor

I hope this is addressed soon. I don't want to keep playing a Sith Warrior, but I've lost all inspiration to continue on my Knight, all I've done the past few days is hunt for datacrons, space missions here and there and run around helping lower level characters while shirtless (which I admit is kind of funny).

If this isn't addressed and fixed within the next couple of weeks I think I'm done, I'd rather go back to something like Skyrim where mods can fix dev mistakes (and I'm not an MMO addict).

I am a Jedi Guardian and I have now chosen to go for some medium armor, the armor hit is not that big really and now I atleast have a robe like armor with the hood down.

http://www.torhead.com/item/6L5mA3G

This armor looks like the medium armor you can buy from the commendation vendor on Tython. But it is just a temporary thing for me, if this is not fixed soon I am not sure I will continue playing on my Jedi Knight. I also refuse to wear the horrible Artifact gear you get on raids or PvP even though they do not have a hood.

This is what I'm wearing now, but yeah, enthusiasm is waining, and wains even further every time I queue for a Warzone and see all the armors I can't choose from because of the hoods.

This is what I'm wearing now, but yeah, enthusiasm is waining, and wains even further every time I queue for a Warzone and see all the armors I can't choose from because of the hoods.

Also, its textures look amazing in game. And it has no clipping nor fat butt.

On a robe ? If I zoom up, I want to throw up.

How to get the recipe?

I will sign this petition! :)

Yep, I think it would most convenient, of course, to have a "/hood" command, and the game has a rendered animation for the hooding and un-hooding mechanic.

However, I'll certainly at the very least take the "Hide Helmet" setting to control the hood at a minimum.

Thank you, BioWare, for listening to us.

I hope this is addressed soon. I don't want to keep playing a Sith Warrior, but I've lost all inspiration to continue on my Knight, all I've done the past few days is hunt for datacrons, space missions here and there and run around helping lower level characters while shirtless (which I admit is kind of funny).

If this isn't addressed and fixed within the next couple of weeks I think I'm done, I'd rather go back to something like Skyrim where mods can fix dev mistakes (and I'm not an MMO addict).

You would leave a game because it does not have many NOT hooded robes? Then... Panda land awaits you...

You would leave a game because it does not have many NOT hooded robes? Then... Panda land awaits you...

I assume you're referring to WoW, but I'm not big on MMO's to be honest. I'm playing this because its fun, but if I stopped playing it wouldn't be to play another MMO. I've actually never played WoW before.

In fact the only other MMO I've played was SWG.

There's this. TOR has very little options when it comes to customization of the character as it is. I mean, I am not MMO fan either and admittedly, I am playing the game mainly because of story & because of being Star Wars fan. To the point, though - it seems that BW wanted to save up some money by cutting the variety of character customizations. At the top of all, they removed even this little variety from Guardians & from what I hear, Sentinels as well by not letting us to see faces and other features because someone felt like turning us into bunch of friggin Jawas. I hate Jawas, so I have one more reason to be cranky about this. I also want to see character I created. Double cranky.

So, I'm asking myself.. where millions and millions of dollars went? Into making a huge hype campaign with pictures from the game which ultimately haven't even made it into the game? Into voice-acting? - That part is good (voice acting), not complaining, just asking probably rhetorical questions here. So, were we lied to? Being shown something, which is not in the game? as far as I am concerned, yes, I do feel like being cheated on by BW.

Yes, I am cranky. It's past 4 am, I can't sleep, I am ill as hell and when logging on TOR forums, I still see that this damn hood issue is what? Ignored. Yes. Not that I expected anything else... :rolleyes:

I found the perfect orange hood-free version for my JK on Taris from the vendors in the crafting area. I love it! It has the perfect color for her and a few q's in I got a matching pair of pants that were moddable as well. I have seen quite a few moddable versions that were for sale for commendations on the republic fleet that I will pick up later on. My fav outfit for my smuggler is a moddable outfit that I got after a heroic on Coruscant.

Hope that you guys have luck finding armor that you like, but one way is to look at the commendations vendors, they have quite a few versions. Do a few heroics and you're good to go.

Edit: Sorry I meant Tatooine. There are quite a few orange items there without hood in medium armor.

Edited by SilentKitty

http://www.torhead.com/item/6L5mA3G ...

Thanks for the tip! My robe was really getting me down. I know it's just a minor issue really, purely cosmetic, but the huge butt and hood up look was bumming me out.

I picked up the Aspiring Knight's Vest and Leggings off the GTN, they were very reasonably priced and I love the design. I think I will keep them, at least for a while. I will be keeping all my other heavy armor because it just makes sense, but it's true the loss in armor rating was not significant. And as a DPS Guardian using T7 to tank for me, I am not going to be taking a lot of hits anyway. Sentinels get by with all medium gear, I'm just using two pieces.

Damn, i didn't realise this before i hit level 25.. it's actually bothering me quite abit, so much that i might even reroll :S

I mean, when i made my character i knew that i'd be looking at that face and hairstyle in all the conversations.. Really a bummer that you have to look at that hood all the time.