Lego CUUSOO Star Wars

Cornwaille

Hi,

I have played SWTOR for a year now, and it has dragged me back into the Star Wars hobby. As part of it I started collecting the LEGO Star Wars starfighter models. In the current series the Empire only has the basic TIE fighter available.

There is a website run by LEGO called CUUSOO. If a design gets 10,000 supports by people, LEGO may produce them as a kit. I have designed a couple of Star Wars starfighters there, the TIE Advanced/Avenger and the TIE Defender, and others have designed a lot more awesome Star Wars vehicles.

My designs are here:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/33270

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/33269

I have links to designs for the TIE Interceptor and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced on my pages.

Thanks to anyone who supports these designs! :)

The Lego Defender and Interceptor you are referring to is from the old Lego Star Wars Starfighter series, and do not fit in with the current (2010+) range, which are all slightly larger and much more detailed. I considered getting the old defender at one point, but it would just seem odd sitting next to the new ones.

Lego has updated the X Wing, TIE Fighter, Y Wing, Slave 1, Imperial Shuttle, Snowspeeder and just recently the A Wing.

I am working on a TIE Bomber design at the moment.

Edited by Cornwaille

Thank you! Lego has made a couple of SWTOR models now, the Sith Fury and a Jedi Starfighter. This year they are doing some troop packs with a speeder and the Jedi Defender I think.

Someone who has been supporting one of my designs and giving me helpful comments to improve the TIE Avenger has designed a Sith Starfighter from KOTOR:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/29643

Thanks again for your support!

:csw_vadertie:

Edited by Cornwaille

Thank you! Lego has made a couple of SWTOR models now, the Sith Fury and a Jedi Starfighter. Next year they are doing some troop packs with a speeder and the Jedi Defender I think.

Someone who has been supporting one of my designs and giving me helpful comments to improve the TIE Avenger has designed a Sith Starfighter from KOTOR:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/29643

Thanks again for your support!

:csw_vadertie:

That one is sick as well.

Ok.... My son, who is a collector of lego, likes these.

When I say a collector he can tell you the years they came out, how many pieces, what model number, blah blah blah, he is a serious collector.

He likes the way they look, and feels they would fit well, with alot of the other ships lego makes. ( Star wars and other sets).

So you have at least one person that will buy these... lol.

Those are some sweet models OP!! You're making me want to reinstall TIE Fighter again though... As much as I prefer rebel craft like the T65 or A-wing, some of the crafts the Imps make are awesome, Tie Advanced and TIE Bomber are my personal faves.

I did buy a couple of those mini lego models of starwars ships for display on my PC desk, the ones that come in the little orbs that look like Star wars planets. I'm quite proud of the mini X-Wing on my desk :).

Thank you for your support! :)

I have the hull of the TIE Bomber completed, but I need to sort out the wings, I want it to match the TIE Advanced of Darth Vader's that someone else has done, and need his permission to use his wings.

My girlfriend loves the little mini planets, and has a few of them. This year Lego is putting out a TIE Bomber in that set. The new A Wing in the same scale as my models is not very big so not very expensive if you want an A Wing.

Edited by Cornwaille

Ah cool, I like that KOTOR one definitely, supported it too! It has a lot more supporting people though. I have mentioned your projects to a couple of my Lego fan friends but I think you need more people to see how cool they are. Do you or anyone else on the boards have a suggestion for a means to get more votes for it? I will continue to try and show it to as many people as I can.:csw_r2d2:

:)

To be honest I am not sure how to drum up support, and if anyone on the boards has any ideas I am all ears. I have mentioned it on Facebook and Tumblr, but the way those sites work any post soon gets buried, and since I do not have the pieces to make either of the kits I cannot really make a Youtube video or anything. 10,000 is a lot of people to need. Lego makes official comments once you hit 1,000, which would be cool.

Is there anywhere else besides these forums where Star Wars fans congregate?

It would seem they officially respond to models at the 500, 5000 then 10,000 vote marks.

And yes, a mini A-Wing would rock! :rak_03:

I am pretty sure that I just saw an A-Wing of the small-ish $10-$15 variety at the store last night. My boys also got a TINY one in their advent calendar two Christmas' ago.

Edit: Sorry, it was $25

The A Wing you saw in the store was the one I was talking about. They have not arrived in New Zealand yet, but when they do get here I will definitely get one!

I am up to 22 supporters for my TIE Defender... 500 seems a long way away! One project got to 10,000 in 3 days, it was a university mascot thing, and they got all the alumni to vote for it.

• 3 weeks later...