White LS crystal will be available in 1.5 but...

Alec_Fortescue

2.5million credits is more nowadays than it was then.

Really ? On those days, pre 1.2, Rakata was the top gear to get. I remember buying from the GTN the armorings that dropped from EV/KP for 500k. Got 2 of those. A mod for 400 and something. Do you see any Dread Guard armorings for 500k these days ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the boxes certainly kill the crystal part of artifice since you can get +41 stat crystals with a level 10 requirement. I think you should be more worried about that. Now you can actually pay2win in lowbie PvP if you can equip 2 crystals since there are expertise versions too.

Lowbie PvP is scaled to level 49. Level 49 crystals are +31. A difference of 10 is not going to matter at all with the bolster.

Online gambling is.
The amount of people who misunderstand the term "Gambling" amazes me. Gambling requires a bet with the hopes of increasing your monetary gain in some form. When you buy a pack of cards for any TCG, you get a random assortment of cards. X common, X uncommon, chance at 1 rare. This is NOT considered gambling, and in the same way the containers are not considered gambling. (Despite how people wish to call it such.)

You are buying a container that has a random loot table. You are not betting on an outcome in order to increase your wealth.

The amount of people who misunderstand the term "Gambling" amazes me. Gambling requires a bet with the hopes of increasing your monetary gain in some form. When you buy a pack of cards for any TCG, you get a random assortment of cards. X common, X uncommon, chance at 1 rare. This is NOT considered gambling, and in the same way the containers are not considered gambling. (Despite how people wish to call it such.)

You are buying a container that has a random loot table. You are not betting on an outcome in order to increase your wealth.

This is probably the kind of "technical" stuff BW might throw around to get it away with it. If you're not a lawer, you should be.

It doesn't matter if what people are after is wealth in the real world or a coveted item in some game. They will be beting with their real money against low chances in hopes of getting what they crave for (which you can bet are not 20 upari crystals)

Edited by wainot-keel

I hope they are not re/able, though if they are not, then artifice once again gets a miss.

In short, the implementation of white prior to 1.2 was supposed to be an exceedingly rare item. This game severely lacks items that only people who "were there" can obtain, and leans far too heavily on making sure that everyone gets one of everything; while it appears to keep everyone happy, you really just end up with a game that has no personality or customization.

If white crystals can be re'd, everyone will have them, and the purpose of adding them is lost.

At some point, BW is going to have to bite the bullet and make desirable things exclusive.

This is probably the kind of "technical" stuff BW might throw around to get it away with it. If you're not a lawer, you should be.

It doesn't matter if what people are after is wealth in the real world or a coveted item in some game. They will be beting with their real money against low chances in hopes of getting what they crave for (which you can bet are not 20 upari crystals)

Never heard of trading cards?

MtG?

If they will be available only from cartel packs then it's pay to win :'(. Some ppl are in for the appearance!

It's not "win"... okay maybe according to Charlie "Winning" Sheen it is. It in no way provides an edge in either PvE or PvP. It's cosmetic. Thus it is not Pay to Win, it's Pay to Look shooper-shweet.

I don't really care about the color of my crystal, but if we're complaining about not having white, or If its a drop, then they need to add black crystals. I've always wanted a black blade, and i think it would be something different than whats been seen. they could put in color crystals that can change the color of your blade but not change the stats of the crystal that you have. just like they could put in options to be able to customize the colors on your outfits and gear that you and your companions wear.

They never said forever. They worded it carefully by stating "not in the immediate future". I guess six months is not their immediate future (which in itself is good news... it means their "immediate future" is less than that, for future content...)

It doesn't work that way. Remember the list of things they promised to come in the NEAR FUTURE. Check out these golden quotes from 2011:

PvP – We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis.

Space Combat – We will continue to add missions to the space game. We also have a special project going on right now that will expand space gameplay in a significant way... for now the details will have to remain under wraps.

And more – We have an entire team of developers working on future content. Right now we are focused on nothing else but Star Wars: The Old Republic, so expect new and cool things.

It doesn't work that way. Remember the list of things they promised to come in the NEAR FUTURE. Check out these golden quotes from 2011:

Reading your post made me remember all the promises they made and how sad I was when I unsubbed in May because of the lack of content. I do hope for something now that I came back but nearly a year in, I guess we have Makeb to look forward too but then after that whats the next release I wonder? I suppose no use in dwelling on it.. :(

I think Im going to try to forget that promised anything in the http://www.swtor.com/blog/what%E2%80%99s-next-old-republic, that way I won't become depressed reading through it knowing it most likely won't ever happen. It's like enjoying the older final fantasy games before they turned completely into action games and that RPG element died.

Edited by Cloakofsin

Oh stop crying it's a very low form of p2w, and besides this might mean they'll add some higher tier of crystals. However, even if they don't it's far from everyone who want pay real credits for crystals, and the new flow of people who will come as a result of f2p can't use crew skills unless they buy them from the cartel market.

As a resolve there will be more plays and still the same number of crafters = More demand, which should at least outwight the sells you lose to the Cartel Market.

You are the worst kind of person.

Hes also the stupidest.

"I dont want the white crystals to be so easy to get"

And then:

"If they can be Re'd, youll bet your *** everyone on my server will be getting one, no extra charge"

Not exact words, but you get the jist.

If white crystals can be re'd, everyone will have them, and the purpose of adding them is lost.

At some point, BW is going to have to bite the bullet and make desirable things exclusive.

"Being able to be RE'ed" is not the same as "dropping a schematic". You propably CAN reverse engineer it and it will only ever drop maybe 1-2 upari crystals at most...

Edited by Karkais

They did say the white crystal would be gone for a (long) while, which means by default it would return eventually. If people don't want to gamble they don't have to, they will have the option to buy it from GTN, price based on rarity.

Actually, as far as i remember the actual terminology they used was that they currently have no plans to readd them to the game once they are gone from the NPC. They didn't specify a (long) while. (But I believe they did indicate that their current planning only extended to either 1.4 or 1.5, so they definitely weren't ruling out the possibility).

and I just have to say, I wouldn't call ~6 months or so a "long while".

Got a White Crystal in one pack out of twenty I believe.

In comparison, I got 6 Pink-Purple crystals

http://imageshack.us/a/img696/2458/screenshot2012110822201.jpg

Sweet, I want the pink crystal for my sorc!!! Not too fussed about the white one tho, might just toss it out!!! (jk!!! No, I wouldn't do that. I might suddenly find myself super rich tho!)

x

From what I've seen of the cartel pack awards, the biggest complaint I have is the rediculous overabundance of vehicles.

Some of the stuff looks pretty interesting, but you're going to get 50 vehicles before you get anything worthwhile...

And you only really need 1 vehicle, and they're cheap enough from the in-game NPC vendors. (hopefully, no cybertechs were actually selling them... don't think they were ever a worthwhile marked there, now almost certainly not)

From what I've seen of the cartel pack awards, the biggest complaint I have is the rediculous overabundance of vehicles.

Some of the stuff looks pretty interesting, but you're going to get 50 vehicles before you get anything worthwhile...

And you only really need 1 vehicle, and they're cheap enough from the in-game NPC vendors. (hopefully, no cybertechs were actually selling them... don't think they were ever a worthwhile marked there, now almost certainly not)

Oh, you'd be surprised. Some people sold the 110% vehicle at 200k since the Voss speeders were ugly and people were willing to pay 75k extra for something less hideous.

Now those Cybertechs are going to be just fine because the new profit from Cybertech will be the 154 Armour rating droid parts. HK-51 in full Assassin Droid Parts = :D

Edited by AshlaBoga