the sith warrior/jedi knight need to be improved big time

alienstalker

Ok so I'm fighting a enemy boss. After annihilating his 8 minions nearby. The fought the real boss, and died. Ok well I was weaken and I hadn't activated all my companions abilities, so it was my fault. So then I go back a second time. Also note that I am 3 levels higher than this boss. Well I fought him again. And even using the best medpac for my level. I was still owned by this boss. He had half his health left when I died. My companion also had half her health left. This is a little ridiculous, sith warriors and jedi knights are terrible in combat. So my solutions are.

Make it so that bosses automatically fight companions until the companion dies first then fights you, since you can revive a companion. This doesn't apply to minions.

Increase their overall damage.

Make it so that bosses automatically fight companions until the companion dies first then fights you, since you can revive a companion. This doesn't apply to minions.

Send your companion to attack first, and don't take aggro from your companion so fast.

Use your companion to kill the minions while you focus on the main guy, or vice versa.

Some fights are supposed to be difficult.

Ok so I'm fighting a enemy boss. After annihilating his 8 minions nearby. The fought the real boss, and died. Ok well I was weaken and I hadn't activated all my companions abilities, so it was my fault. So then I go back a second time. Also note that I am 3 levels higher than this boss. Well I fought him again. And even using the best medpac for my level. I was still owned by this boss. He had half his health left when I died. My companion also had half her health left. This is a little ridiculous, sith warriors and jedi knights are terrible in combat. So my solutions are.

Really? First of all, I assume by "boss" you mean Champion strength mob. I expect champs to be tough, even if I have a couple levels on them. I'll let you in on a little secret though, my Juggernaut and Vette (note, not a healing companion) can take down more, and harder mobs than my Assassin with either a dps or healing companion up.

Upgrade your gear, and perhaps your play style. Conversely, seeing this is an MMO and all, you could... I don't know... group.

TLDR Version:

I died, my character must be underpowered. Please increase my damage output to make up for me playing badly.

Should try having companion attack first as someone else suggested. Not certain how far along you are, but should have a companion that taunts.

Edited by spencerfcp

I have a 50 juggernaut and I cruised through everything with maybe a little slow down around level 28 which was remedied by 32 (mainly by l2p), but I also have a 26ish jedi sentinel, which I'm find very hard to stay alive with atm, I figure it's another l2p issue and I should be using the tank not the dps or something like that, but imo if there is an issue it's with the sentinel/marauder and not the juggernaut/guardian.

edit:

That being said DPS specs on the juggernaut didn't work for me, so I assume you need to use your healer for those.

PVE wise I think the jugg is fine, as that is what I play as my main character. In PVP however, I see just how crappy some of the skills are. Endure Pain, invincible, and the shield generator ability are on very long cool downs, and without these skills up its really hard to survive in PVP even with good gear because immortal specced juggs just don't do that much heavy damage.

Almost every class can self heal in some way, juggs cannot unless it is out of combat, we also lack a solid form of CC, which again, most classes have. Besides force choke, there really isn't any CC in this class as an immortal specced jugg.

I think Bioware needs to lower the CD on endure pain, invincible, and the shield generator ability(name escapes me right now), then it may be a bit better.

Upgrade your companions gear also. If your companion is tanking for you (sounds like you want them to) you need to hook up there gear just like your own. I'm mid 30's on my Jedi Knight and haven't had any issues with me and Kira as a companion. I'm guessing your using T7 (sense you are having them tank for you). If you haven't worked to upgrade him he's pretty much useless.

TLDR Version:

I died, my character must be underpowered. Please increase my damage output to make up for me playing badly.

Should try having companion attack first as someone else suggested. Not certain how far along you are, but should have a companion that taunts.

I'm 3 levels higher than the boss. So I think I should at least be able to make his health go way down before dying, and if I die barely die.

Op, not to be mean or anything, but your probably not playing your character correctly.

Many people believe they can get through leveling content with just some gear and medpacs, but if you really want to succeed you have to stay on top of more stuff.

Interrupts are very useful, most people don't use them while leveling up, but they save your life a lot. Make sure your always looking for hard damage casts like force storms and full autos so you can interrupt them as fast as possible.

Make sure to stay on top of gear progress for all your slots, make sure to update your oranges with level-appropriate aswell.

Stims also help a ton, especially endurance if your having a survivability problem.

The best thing to do as a knight/warrior is to use a healing comp so far, like Malavai Quinn, if you actually gear him, hes great, he can even take a lot of damage when you need him to.

It would probably be better to list your spec, because I cant really help you outside of that without knowing if your a mara/sent or jugg/guard.

Playing with aggro, i found, was great in hard survivability-testing fights, especially using the in combat-stealth move, it takes aggro off, then you regain it pretty soon after sharing some damage with your companion.

Op, not to be mean or anything, but your probably not playing your character correctly.

Many people believe they can get through leveling content with just some gear and medpacs, but if you really want to succeed you have to stay on top of more stuff.

Interrupts are very useful, most people don't use them while leveling up, but they save your life a lot. Make sure your always looking for hard damage casts like force storms and full autos so you can interrupt them as fast as possible.

Make sure to stay on top of gear progress for all your slots, make sure to update your oranges with level-appropriate aswell.

Stims also help a ton, especially endurance if your having a survivability problem.

The best thing to do as a knight/warrior is to use a healing comp so far, like Malavai Quinn, if you actually gear him, hes great, he can even take a lot of damage when you need him to.

It would probably be better to list your spec, because I cant really help you outside of that without knowing if your a mara/sent or jugg/guard.

Playing with aggro, i found, was great in hard survivability-testing fights, especially using the in combat-stealth move, it takes aggro off, then you regain it pretty soon after sharing some damage with your companion.

Thanks for the useful information.

Extremly useful on hard fights. Also wait for all your CD's before fighting if it looks like a long fight. Plus pop (I'm not sure what the name is) your shield early in the fight and then hit the ability that resets it and gives a small heal (assuming your a marauder) over time.

yeah, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but you're doing something wrong.

Juggernaut Immortal here, and soloed all solo quests, well, solo, with under 10 deaths (about half on bosses, half through stupidity).

I used a dps companion in all but 1 case (1 class boss quest I needed to use quinn as jaesa would just stand in AoE and die dumbly).

I've got my Jedi Knight Sentinel(Combat) up to level 42ish so far and the only battle I've had real problems with was the end of Chapter 1 boss, Darth Angral. Unfortunately the JK doesn't get Doc until it's far too late. By the time you get him it really doesn't matter which companion you take as it's fairly straight forward to cope with everything, well so far up to Hoth. Darth Angral cost me just under 32K credits in repairs but I don't know if he's been adjusted at all in the last few patches.

As at least one other has said, interrupts are very important. I also find that killing all the trash mobs around an Elite Boss works best for me.

Stims are also quite important and try to get some relics to use the abilities off those as well. I've created a Crit/Surge geared build so I use the relic that boosts crit chance to do even more spike damage output. I also use the Command stim to increase my Presence stat, thus my companion is more effective.

This is all from my experience with PvE only, no PvP.

Edited by Palathas

+1, especially about interrupts. Probably the most important part of being a JK. I noticed that even after getting a better handle on playing my character I find that certain elite mobs are tons tougher with others. For example, on Alderaan, in the area with all the Sith Apprentices around, the melee mobs are a cakewalk (I beat them with 60%+ left on me and my companion) but the ones that do AOE or chain damage are a different story (I usually lose Kira and have <30% myself).

That's not to say the problem is with my gear or my character, I may just need to learn more about how to handle those kinds of mobs.

Edited by baconflavored

They have said that the damage Knights/Warriors are producing is what they want them to do, but their survivability is lower than they'd like.

This. It is also the reason that you think you're not doing enough damage. The numbers are right, we're just not living long enough to notice it. It is the same in pvp; if we get a healer who knows what they are doing, we are very good, but with no healer, we die too quickly to do anything but be a minor annoyance, even with gear.

Edited by JefferyClark