Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually loved the entire game, my favourite star wars game (although it may be dethroned by TOR), never understood all the hate for it, far better than the first.

But to get back on topic, I adore the idea of turning a Jedi who hates me into my lover and dark Sith Apprentice.

Same here my favorite is kotor 2 as well if you have the restoration patch it just makes the game even better because it fills some of the missing holes in the story.

ontopic:I mean SI are meant to be master manipulators right? Yet sith warrior can manipulate a jedi to make them fall to the dark side yet the SI cannot do something like that with a naive/prideful jedi I ask you bioware what is going on?

Edited by lokdron

Same here my favorite is kotor 2 as well if you have the restoration patch it just makes the game even better because it fills some of the missing holes in the story.

ontopic:I mean SI are meant to be master manipulators right? Yet sith warrior can manipulate a jedi to make them fall to the dark side yet the SI cannot do something like that with a naive/prideful jedi I ask you bioware what is going on?

Agreed, QFT

From what I saw, you can't turn her, but I know of no one who actually got her affection to max and did all of her quests. That said, she isn't your real apprentice. A Kaleesh named Xalek is, and he is boss.

I have maxed her affection (actually all of my companions except for Khem) and she does not "turn" as much as shift into gray zone, like someone mentioned beforehand.

You can convince her that the Sith way is the right way and she will go along with that, but she will never "OK' your decisions to kill innocents or perform wanton acts of violence.

She wants to combine the clarity of the light side with the freedom of the dark side.

I kinda wish that they've chosen another personality for our romances - female Boneface (Xalek) for instance. He is more BAMF than Samuel Jackson. Or if they made Zash our companion.

Edited by Ashnazg

i feel like there not done adding to ashara. to turn her to the dark side something epic needs to happen to send her over that edge shes so close to. but i would like to she her turn to the dark side. but then again they could just come out with somone hotter and thats dark side in new content. Edited by Zen-Truehazzrd

i feel like there not done adding to ashara. to turn her to the dark side something epic needs to happen to send her over that edge shes so close to. but i would like to she her turn to the dark side. but then again they could just come out with somone hotter and thats dark side in new content.

This is worth looking at.

Maybe for you, but Ashara is already our companion. I don't see why we can't turn her to the dark side with enough deception and pressure. I will try a different method once I get in the game and get her for myself.

I think this is turning into a male pride thing, you can't walk into a bar in real life and leave with a good looking woman if you behave like an ahole to her. You can't fundamentally change a persons values and if you can, that person isn't worth very much in the first place.

It's pretty funny some people feel so strongly about an RP romance. I'd rather the money BioWare would spend on new voiceovers (compare light/dark jaessa) be spent on something the whole community could enjoy... like PvP content.

i feel like there not done adding to ashara. to turn her to the dark side something epic needs to happen to send her over that edge shes so close to. but i would like to she her turn to the dark side. but then again they could just come out with somone hotter and thats dark side in new content.

The problem with tacking the fall on in an expansion or something is that in order to max out her affection currently (thus setting up her fall in the expansion) you have to either make LS decisions or buy her crap loads of gifts.

Now I'm not going to argue against the realism of needing to buy her affection, but it's just cheesy in the game for that to be the only DS way. And if we had a nice little (lie) next to each LS choice so that we received DS points for working Ashara's romance from that angle, I'd be more ok with that, but as things stand it's all very lame.

I think this is turning into a male pride thing, you can't walk into a bar in real life and leave with a good looking woman if you behave like an ahole to her. You can't fundamentally change a persons values and if you can, that person isn't worth very much in the first place.

It's pretty funny some people feel so strongly about an RP romance. I'd rather the money BioWare would spend on new voiceovers (compare light/dark jaessa) be spent on something the whole community could enjoy... like PvP content.

It's hardly a male pride thing. It is more that I wonder why as a sith inquisitor with very strong FORCE POWERS that I can not do what my class is specialized to do. Sith inquisitors decieve and corrupt, yet we can't corrupt our own apprentice? That seems weak to me and keeps me wonder why it is our only female companion at all if this is the case. Something to keep around to show us we aren't almighty sith lords? A constant slap in the face of our powers and authority IN OUR VERY SHIP? From a lore standpoint, it stinks.

It's hardly a male pride thing. It is more that I wonder why as a sith inquisitor with very strong FORCE POWERS that I can not do what my class is specialized to do. Sith inquisitors decieve and corrupt, yet we can't corrupt our own apprentice? That seems weak to me and keeps me wonder why it is our only female companion at all if this is the case. Something to keep around to show us we aren't almighty sith lords? A constant slap in the face of our powers and authority IN OUR VERY SHIP? From a lore standpoint, it stinks.

Because in lore Sith Lords, also known as 'siff lawds' have everything their own way? I've already clearly pointed out that Jedi Knight, one of the white knight classes has a majorly EVIL companion. They do it for the drama, it's there as a rub to contrast our story.

You don't have to like it, but, you do have to accept it. It's BioWares story.

I mean whilst we're at it, I think they should redo the story for Revan and the Jedi Knight ending... But, if I say that people are like "No, that's stupid..." and yet asking to have a relatively minor aspect of the story changed, when there are arguably much larger issues (if we are talking about changes people would like to see made per capita) it's fine. It just seems strange to me, I love the story how it is all through - perhaps that leaves me slightly bias.

Edited by Jatne

Many jedi have fallen to the dark side. It isn't really that hard. And when you have a sith inquisitor pressuring you the whole time it makes it really hard to think straight. In both the videos in your thread it shows how angry she can get and how easy she can be to manipulate.

Mind you, I am not saying remove her light side options, I am just saying if you go through the proper effort she should be able to be turned the the dark side. It's what we do. To bring up some very specific examples, the skywalkers. Very much light side in affinity, but when they got angry they could be easily swayed from the honeyed words of a powerful sith lord.

Edited by Ralanost

Many jedi have fallen to the dark side. It isn't really that hard. And when you have a sith inquisitor pressuring you the whole time it makes it really hard to think straight. In both the videos in your thread it shows how angry she can get and how easy she can be to manipulate.

Mind you, I am not saying remove her light side options, I am just saying if you go through the proper effort she should be able to be turned the the dark side. It's what we do. To bring up some very specific examples, the skywalkers. Very much light side in affinity, but when they got angry they could be easily swayed from the honeyed words of a powerful sith lord.

I really hate getting down to the whole "dungeons and dragons" style debates with people, but, I will make a brief foray into dangerous territory...

Anakin Skywalker had a major trauma in his young life, being separated from his mother and then losing her because she was brutally murdered. He then killed dozens of natives... the guilt from that fueled his insecurity, which in turn fueled his rage. I don't need my (pending) degree in psychology to explain something that basic.

I suppose ultimately, they should implement dark side choices with SGRA, but, I mean if no character has any values they stand by... you should be able to pacify Khem Val and HK-51, make your medical droid into a combat model and the Jedi Knight should be able to turn Lord Scourge who is over 300 years old, to the light... but, I would rather see content everyone can enjoy and maybe a dark side apprentice added with the expansion (or extra voice work for Ashara.)

Ultimately, you don't have to agree with me and that is part of the majesty of life. If we can't find a compromise after presenting both our reasonings, we can agree to disagree.

Edited by Jatne

Totally agree with the posts above about corrupting the companions, i assume they did this to make sure they don't need evil and nice versions of all the voice overs but that worries me for longer term... (has the fourth pillar been made a little too linear!!!)

I hoped to turn her and make my fem SI snuggle up to her and have her eat padawans on illium but seems fem on fem relationships and corrupting the companions (ala KOTOR 2) are both on my wishlist (and off my "do asap when getting my early access code")

Right now it seems that if you get Ashara affection high enough she is at the tip of the iceberg in my opinion a LS SI would pull her back before she falls into darkness. A DS SI would either make her jump or push her off themselves. Plus I don't see a reason why a sith would keep a light sider around the only time I have seen a sith keep jedi alive is to convert them to the dark side. If not they kill them. Edited by lokdron