** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

I'm sorry, but i can't agree. I'm a "fanboy", a "sucker" for pretty much anything that says "Star Wars". But even a "devoted fan" like me has a limit of tolerance for stupidity and incompetence. What gives you the impression that they're doing something? A "yellow" post from Joveth on page 12 of a random thread? Really? And what happened the last time they "assured" us they're "investigating the issue" when countless ppl got 20+ valor ranks in couple of hours? Yea, exactly, they did absolutely nothing about that. You will excuse me if my "faith" in their "(dis)abilities" and empty words on twitter and forums is a bit shaken.

You, like way to many people expect to much from Bioware. You do know that only Bioware Austin is working on this project which means limited staff. With all the crying on forums about this bug and that bug and we want this and we want that, they are basically trying to find a way to give you what you want but with a limited staff. You can thank EA for this.

You are basically paying to play a Beta right now. This game was rushed to be released which dont get me wrong. This game has by far had the best launch out of all the MMO's i have played and hands down has the best lvling experience ive seen. However they should of stayed in Beta and did more endgame testing because now us the player base are having to test the content.

With all this negativity and constant crying rather then giving suggestions or hell even applying to work at Bioware to fix this game. You are doing nothing but crying and quiting. Trust me i am very pissed about Ilum as i play Rep and will not be able to do this daily because Sith are camping Central. However instead of getting on the forums and crying i am going to settle with the fact that i may not get my bag today (which probably will have Commendations) and give suggestions to Bioware about what they need to do to keep this game from dieing.

As for the people that grinded Battlemaster in a day... Congratz to them. They used something that Bioware did not test properly to their advantage and got a free Battlemaster title. I personally had that before the patch and didn't really care about people getting the free ranks. However that could of been avoided if they actually had a working PTR and let us the players test it.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! You'll get a copy pasted reply...

My ticket said they were passing it on to devs, so who knows. I don't know if they intended the change, but my initial reaction after trying a couple times has been to stop playing on ilum any longer. In fact, other than flashpoints I probably will play another toon or a different game, because I really don't want to spend my entire night trying to get a few points towards my daily on ilum.

So a company that never made an MMO should be better at it than companies that have been making MMOs for the past 20 years. Gotcha. Gooooood Logic.

WAIT A COMPANY THAT NEVER MADE AN MMO? IT'S BIOWARE AND EA. Pretty positive ea has several mmo's.

You, like way to many people expect to much from Bioware. You do know that only Bioware Austin is working on this project which means limited staff. With all the crying on forums about this bug and that bug and we want this and we want that, they are basically trying to find a way to give you what you want but with a limited staff. You can thank EA for this.

You are basically paying to play a Beta right now. This game was rushed to be released which dont get me wrong. This game has by far had the best launch out of all the MMO's i have played and hands down has the best lvling experience ive seen. However they should of stayed in Beta and did more endgame testing because now us the player base are having to test the content.

With all this negativity and constant crying rather then giving suggestions or hell even applying to work at Bioware to fix this game. You are doing nothing but crying and quiting. Trust me i am very pissed about Ilum as i play Rep and will not be able to do this daily because Sith are camping Central. However instead of getting on the forums and crying i am going to settle with the fact that i may not get my bag today (which probably will have Commendations) and give suggestions to Bioware about what they need to do to keep this game from dieing.

As for the people that grinded Battlemaster in a day... Congratz to them. They used something that Bioware did not test properly to their advantage and got a free Battlemaster title. I personally had that before the patch and didn't really care about people getting the free ranks. However that could of been avoided if they actually had a working PTR and let us the players test it.

He expects them to do what we are paying them to do.... OH SNAP

Ilum has been crappy mind-numbing grind since day one. Its never been real PvP, on my server at least. Which is why I choose to "gimp" myself by only doing the WZ daily/weekly because at least its interesting. Not carebear farming and kill trading for ph4t l00tz.

This latest screw up doesn't actually bother me.

Also, I saw Skyrim dropped to $40 on steam for mid-week sale. Decisions decisions.

We need a MUCH better response soon. Crap like this WILL be the downfall of this wonderful game.

This isn't lack of skill on the part of the development team.

This isn't lack of reporting by the player base.

This isn't an honest mistake that anyone could make.

This is, 100%, a failure to adequately test before publishing.

Rift wants a word with you.

I loved the Rift launch. I really did and i give props to them. However i had no issues with this launch and ontop of getting into the questing of this game i found it far better then Rift. I still play Rift and enjoy it very much, I just know that if EA would give Bioware Austin the resources they need this could be a very good MMO.

Now if this will happen or not is beyond me and i give this game another month or 2. However i would much rather see the direction Bioware goes with this because i personally dont wanna add WoW back into my lineup of MMO's.

We need a MUCH better response soon. Crap like this WILL be the downfall of this wonderful game.

This isn't lack of skill on the part of the development team.

This isn't lack of reporting by the player base.

This isn't an honest mistake that anyone could make.

This is, 100%, a failure to adequately test before publishing.

This is very true. If they had an actual working PTR where we could have lvl50s or copy our toons then we could test these changes.

Oh look another patch, and another attempt to fix Ilum by treating one of the symptoms instead of the cause of all the problem. You Devs realize that until you find a way to fix the faction balance issues you either going to get some kind of exploiting/trading or the Republic will wind up largely avoiding it right? Well I guess not seeing as how all that's going to happen is exactly what happened after you removed minivan trading, the Republic is just going to hide in their base while the Imps circle jerk at mid looking for boxes.

I do not believe it has been 20 years since http://darkageofcamelot.com/ .. the game is still going. So this is a bad fact ..

This guy was wrong, accept it even if he won't. He knows the truth. Let go. Don't you feel better now? If I were a dev I wouldn't waste my time rifling through this flamewar bs to get to the issues. It's 40 people adding their two cents on something irrelevant that gunks up the system. So there...that's my two cents.