Someone educate me how 6.0 will not kill the cartel market

xordevoreaux

Also, some people were saying the same sort of "you need the gear to do the content, to get the gear" stuff - which was untrue.

I seriously doubt that, in 6.0, you'll "need the gear to do the content".

But anyway - this thread has about run it's course, I hope. ☺

Maxthegrey/Seema from The Escape Podcast and Marcus from Working Class Nerds Podcast live-streamed storymode Dxun last week. They got 3/5 bosses down in whatever green gear they were in as first timers. I’m fairly sure that several were only in 270 non-set bonus gear.

The only other op on PTS currently configured right is Karagga’s Palace. So it seems like at least SM ops should be doable.

For me, it’s not just about the grind. It’s a deviation from the precedent. It was always the case that you could use some decent crafted stuff in your MH/OH and it wouldn’t hurt your progression.

I’m not sure what the best solution is, but if it doesn’t include changes to crafting as it currently exists on PTS, maybe it should include item mods as the main storyline mission rewards?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People "jumping the gun" are pointing out problems that can still be fixed before they are left in the game when 6.0 launches.

You would rather people be silent, wait for 6.0 to drop, and THEN post about these same problems?

That seems...less useful.

Bingo. Hits the target first time.

Was Galactic Command tested on PTS? I don’t recall that it was tested at all. I don’t think PTS was ever opened between the testing for the eternal championship in 4.x and the closed testing for GOTM/GSF changes. Even if it was focus-group invite-only tested, it wasn’t open tested for weeks like 6.0 is.

That fact alone gives me some hope. After all it is still 5.5 weeks away.

If I recall correctly, there was a closed TS with players BW invited but never an open one like now (or previously to 5.0). I don't think they started doing open PTS for all again until Keith took charge. GftM early testing wasn't open either, you had to apply and be invited.

Edited by nyrkverse

yea, I see it. The whole thing sucks. Though do you really think it's deliberate or an oversight? Either way. Observant people caught it on test center. Imagine the mess if this was released? A loud enough noise and they'll buckle, just like the RNG crapola they tried to sweep past. I think they're throwing things out there lackadaisyly so they can gauge the reaction.

Why not just make the right system and not throw stuff out lacklustre to see what we’ll actually put up with?

It’s like they picked the extremes of everything knowing full well they would get bad feed back and will wind it back till we stop complaining. All the while we are missing how bad the whole idea was to start with.

If the early release was what they thought players would like, then they are so out of touch, it is scary. We shouldn’t be testing a system that requires nearly a whole rework to make it playable. We should be testing it to fine tune an already good setup. At the moment we are trying not to let them release a train wreak of ideas into 6.0.

We shouldn’t even need to be pressuring them to make them buckle, it should never have gotten this extreme to start with if they were serious about play your way and being in touch with the community.

These are either rookie mistakes, disconnection from the community or they are intentional to see what they can get away with to slow down our gearing in place of making more content. Nothing else makes sense to me for even developing the first 2 builds with such extremes. It’s no wonder people are worried what make it live.

If I recall correctly, there was a closed TS with players BW invited but never an open one like now (or previously to 5.0). I don't think they started doing open PTS for all again until Keith took charge. GftM early testing wasn't open either, you had to apply and be invited.

I’ve also heard they got a ton of feed back from the testers about how bad 5.0 gearing and galactic command was. It didn’t stop them releasing it and they didn’t make changes before they released it.

Though do you really think it's deliberate or an oversight?

Do you mean me or in general? If me: I don't think they do anything deliberately anymore. It feels to me like they basically work on a trial and error basis and that they don't really understand their own game.

Also, some people were saying the same sort of "you need the gear to do the content, to get the gear" stuff - which was untrue.

I seriously doubt that, in 6.0, you'll "need the gear to do the content".

Were you the person in that other thread about 6.0 who commented without having been on the PTS? If yes, how can you doubt something which others are experiencing right now on the PTS? Do you think we make this up? Like, not being able to finish Dxun in SM with the gear we have? (Of course, things might still be adjusted. However, we discuss about the status quo we are presented with right now.)

If you are not that person, then my apologies for mixing you up with someone else.

Yes.

Why not just make the right system and not throw stuff out lacklustre to see what we’ll actually put up with?

It’s like they picked the extremes of everything knowing full well they would get bad feed back and will wind it back till we stop complaining. All the while we are missing how bad the whole idea was to start with.

If the early release was what they thought players would like, then they are so out of touch, it is scary. We shouldn’t be testing a system that requires nearly a whole rework to make it playable. We should be testing it to fine tune an already good setup. At the moment we are trying not to let them release a train wreak of ideas into 6.0.

We shouldn’t even need to be pressuring them to make them buckle, it should never have gotten this extreme to start with if they were serious about play your way and being in touch with the community.

These are either rookie mistakes, disconnection from the community or they are intentional to see what they can get away with to slow down our gearing in place of making more content. Nothing else makes sense to me for even developing the first 2 builds with such extremes. It’s no wonder people are worried what make it live.

Well said, Totemdancer, well said! Spot-on!

Edited by JattaGin

People "jumping the gun" are pointing out problems that can still be fixed before they are left in the game when 6.0 launches.

You would rather people be silent, wait for 6.0 to drop, and THEN post about these same problems?

That seems...less useful.

Aren't you supposed to be vocal about PTS issues on the PTS forums, tho? By bringing it to General, the PTS info is dramatized -- which is what happens when you run to the court of public opinion (aka people that have never even installed the PTS).

I'm +1 for good drama threads, so let's not pretend that is not what this is. :D

Ideally, the devs would move these threads to the PTS forum, imo.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Aren't you supposed to be vocal about PTS issues on the PTS forums, tho? By bringing it to General, the PTS info is dramatized -- which is what happens when you run to the court of public opinion (aka people that have never even installed the PTS).

I'm +1 for good drama threads, so let's not pretend that is not what this is. :D

Ideally, the devs would move these threads to the PTS forum, imo.

Highlighting current issues from 6.0 in an area where they're available to a wider portion of the community (who 6.0 will definitely affect since we're all subs on these forums) is not a bad thing. It lets people who may not visit the PTS area an opportunity to find out what's going on, incentivizes them to go to the PTS to check it out, and also provides the opportunity for more people to offer feedback/possible solutions.

Now is definitely the time to do that, NOT after the expansion launches.

Highlighting current issues from 6.0 in an area where they're available to a wider portion of the community (who 6.0 will definitely affect since we're all subs on these forums) is not a bad thing. It lets people who may not visit the PTS area an opportunity to find out what's going on, incentivizes them to go to the PTS to check it out, and also provides the opportunity for more people to offer feedback/possible solutions.

Now is definitely the time to do that, NOT after the expansion launches.

I agree in theory, but as a frequent poster, the General forums are not a great place for mature discussion. (I'm not claiming I'm particularly mature either)

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I think they're smarter than we give them credit for. Sure, some of it may be cluelessness or inexperience but a lot of it is definitely calculated. Throwing "feelers" out is a good way to test the waters. It's always a balance of give and take and what they can get away with. The science behind mob manipulation is genius. It's like they know we know what they are doing and they still do it to continue the cycle. Everyone plays the part. Everyone knows the video game companies have only one goal-to get your money. We(as in the mob or the common person=the greater population) don't protest. It's the very few people that bring attention to it that cause the "waves" that companies have to contend with. There are far more people who play this who don't read the forums and don't protest and that is why these companies still do this practice. Brainwashing, conditioning, social influences... it's beautiful to just watch and see how all this is affecting us. You can relate and imagine in your minds bean counting over lords in dark rooms with steepled hands laughing maniacally while staring at flow charts of revenue. These plebs just keep giving us money.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

I’ve also heard they got a ton of feed back from the testers about how bad 5.0 gearing and galactic command was. It didn’t stop them releasing it and they didn’t make changes before they released it.

yes, this is what I've been told as well, the feedback was overwhelmingly negative,

I think they're smarter than we give them credit for. Sure, some of it may be cluelessness or inexperience but a lot of it is definitely calculated. Throwing "feelers" out is a good way to test the waters. It's always a balance of give and take and what they can get away with. The science behind mob manipulation is genius. It's like they know we know what they are doing and they still do it to continue the cycle. Everyone plays the part. Everyone knows the video game companies have only one goal-to get your money. We(as in the mob or the common person=the greater population) don't protest. It's the very few people that bring attention to it that cause the "waves" that companies have to contend with. There are far more people who play this who don't read the forums and don't protest and that is why these companies still do this practice. Brainwashing, conditioning, social influences... it's beautiful to just watch and see how all this is affecting us. You can relate and imagine in your minds bean counting over lords in dark rooms with steepled hands laughing maniacally while staring at flow charts of revenue. These plebs just keep giving us money.

Yyyep. Here's why their tactics never work:

- They suck at stealth, I can see their attempt coming a mile away, and 9 times out of 10 I don't like the change.

- They use the Heavy-Handed approach: Force it on people whether they like it or not.., right. How's that working out for them 4 years later?

- People are FAR less tolerant of these tactics now. I can name a few games that have failed or will fail because of these tactics.

Honestly, if this wasn't a Star Wars game, it would been pretty much deserted by now, IMO.