[HM Kephess] Walker Saturation Bugged?

Ever since the patches last week that broke and then fixed Colonel Vorgath, the walker saturation on Hard Mode Kephess hasn't been working right. Specifically, the damage from saturation extends much further than the purple animation on the ground appears, and seems to extend all the way to the outer wall of the room (I died to walker saturation standing about a foot in front of the munitions crates in the northwest corner of the room), making it impossible to get far enough away to be out of range.

I don't recall saturation reaching that far prior to 1.3.5. Was this change intended, or is it a bug? If it's a bug, please fix it. If it's intended, then please change the purple animation on the ground to extend the full length of the damage cone.

We ran into this all the time prior to 1.3.5. In particular the corner near where you zone into the battle. When we first started on this battle I would keep track (as best as I could) to where the AOE would come next. If it was going to land were the bomber spawned I would push him to a new spot. I tried once to push him into the corner where the ammo sits but the AOE spray still reached there.

Short answer is AOE effect =/= animation.

It has always caused damage further out than its animation. However, you shouldn't be getting hit by the saturation anyway because it always is fired in the same place at the same time. Good positioning makes the saturation a non-issue.

It has always caused damage further out than its animation. However, you shouldn't be getting hit by the saturation anyway because it always is fired in the same place at the same time. Good positioning makes the saturation a non-issue.

True, and assuming that we manage to kill everything at the same speed in ever run, we can reliably predict where the saturation is going to be at a given point in the fight. That said, we've far from perfected the fight, and sometimes somebody dies, or something else happens that makes the trando groups or the pulsar droids take longer to kill than normal. When that happens, it throws off the timing.

And yes, I understand that it's a L2P issue to a certain extent, but the purple on the ground is supposed to be a "hey, you need to move now" kind of warning. Would be nice if they fixed the animation to fill the entire area of damage so it doesn't look like people are dying to thin air.