Do you guys think this spec is viable?

Amateratsuu

it could work i wold do a few things: if this is the spec you intend to go with here is what i would do.

take the point out of gather strength and put it in defiance

take the 2points out of OHS dot and move them to commanding awe.. 4% mitiagtion allaround is hard to pass up and so is A talented FD

This http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MMZsMrRMuddGRZMM.1 Accuracy might be need if you aren't capped already

Seriously what the ****? The OP comes up with a Overhead Slash / Zealoous Leap hybrid build and all you do is linking some gehtto Plasma Brand build, which has nothing to do with what the OP was asking. Why even bother posting in here at all?

On topic, these kind of builds were awesome pre 1.2. with Zephyr. While Shii-Cho took quite a hit, it's still possible to be effective with it. In fact I think they are still stronger than the deep Vigilance crap many people seem to be running around with these days.

You took some strange choices there however, so some adjustments might be needed.

Even if you want to play Shien mostly, there will be times when you are required to switch to Soresu. In Shien your focus generation will be great, when you are in Soresu however, you really need to have Victory Rush.

Sundering Throw isn't really needed when you don't have Plasma Brand.

Outside of that I just made some minor changes, leading to this build, which I have been playing a lot lately:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MMZfMrorhdzMZrr0Rz.1

Edit: Corrected my link.

Edited by nanohana

Seriously what the ****? The OP comes up with a Overhead Slash / Zealoous Leap hybrid build and all you do is linking some gehtto Plasma Brand build, which has nothing to do with what the OP was asking. Why even bother posting in here at all?

On topic, these kind of builds were awesome pre 1.2. with Zephyr. While Shii-Cho took quite a hit, it's still possible to be effective with it. In fact I think they are still stronger than the deep Vigilance crap many people seem to be running around with these days.

You took some strange choices there however, so some adjustments might be needed.

Even if you want to play Shien mostly, there will be times when you are required to switch to Soresu. In Shien your focus generation will be great, when you are in Soresu however, you really need to have Victory Rush.

Outside of that I just made some minor changes, leading to this build, which I have been playing a lot lately:

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4135195

Thanks for the input, the dots from plasma brand are really not that good IMO ,

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4135195

Please repost the correct link

Also, if going that route, I kind of like this build:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/guardian#12-21di28e2f-1d0ek

Edited by Zayse

i think these are viable .. but in a straight up dps race full vig is going to blwo these kinds of builds out of the water bc of the trailing dots of PB etc..

and full vig is viable in pvp to.. so its really a matter of which way do you want to swing the pendulum.. more pve focused--full vig.. trying to pvp/pve one of the above builds

i think these are viable .. but in a straight up dps race full vig is going to blwo these kinds of builds out of the water bc of the trailing dots of PB etc..

and full vig is viable in pvp to.. so its really a matter of which way do you want to swing the pendulum.. more pve focused--full vig.. trying to pvp/pve one of the above builds

Not gonna argue here, from a pure PvE perspective deep Vigilance is the way to go.

Not sure if it was the intention of the OP, but my comments in here are PvP related solely.

Not gonna argue here, from a pure PvE perspective deep Vigilance is the way to go.

Not sure if it was the intention of the OP, but my comments in here are PvP related solely.

i was tryin to find a good spec which is a mix of vig/ focus for pvp, I like the vig tree i just wish they would make the Dots a little stronger. But yeah for PVE i use the 4/33/4 build.

My general stance is that anyone who goes past 20 points in Vigilance is making a mistake to pass on Commanding Awe. The DoTs just flat aren't good enough to overcome that damage reduction. In particular I don't see the appeal of Burning Blade at all, I'd much rather put those two points into Defiance and Gather Strength.

I'm also of the opinion that the third point in Insight would be better than the second point of Master Focus.

Maybe this?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MZfMrorhdkMZur0rz.1

My general stance is that anyone who goes past 20 points in Vigilance is making a mistake to pass on Commanding Awe. The DoTs just flat aren't good enough to overcome that damage reduction. In particular I don't see the appeal of Burning Blade at all, I'd much rather put those two points into Defiance and Gather Strength.

I'm also of the opinion that the third point in Insight would be better than the second point of Master Focus.

Maybe this?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MZfMrorhdkMZur0rz.1

I would take one less point in swift slash and get the second point of master strike

Is Gather Strength any good?

Seems too situational to me.

I agree that Burning Blade sucks...it is such a lame DoT

But is Gather Strength any better?

I went to look at my tooltips again (last time I did this was months ago), and I'm actually not so sure anymore. Based on those, each Burning Blade does ~50% more damage than an individual proc of Gather Strength (when you cash it in on an Overhead Slash). You have to weigh DoT vs. burst, but even given Gather Strength's ability to stack (and that has definitely allowed me to hit a couple of HUGE shots), I'm thinking you end up doing a lot more Blade Storms over the course of a warzone than GS-buffed OHS's. So perhaps it is better to take the DoT, sad though it is.

Is Gather Strength any good?

Seems too situational to me.

I agree that Burning Blade sucks...it is such a lame DoT

But is Gather Strength any better?

It's definitely not the most mandatory skill there is, although I prefer rolling with it.

For the builds discussed in here Overhead Slash, Slash and Dispatch (even if it's not classified as a melee move) are affected by it. I have to admit I am not entirely sure whether or not Zealous Leap is affected as well.

I would advise using it on Dispatch mostly, which is quite good in combination with Force Rush.