FULL SABOTEUR Gunslingers in 2.0 end-game

paowee

Before 2.0, Full Engineering was seen as more like a filler third talent tree. It was vastly inferior DPS in a raid and fills a niche role in PVP.

I disagree.

In PvP, especially in the Rankeds scene, it's pretty solid. IMO, DF was the filler third talent tree (PvP wise anyways). I think all specs are pretty solid currently, they just provide different roles. But I don't think either of them are inferior in anyways when it comes to DPS. SS is bursty, Sabo is middle of the road with great area denial, and DF is overtime. But overall, all 3 specs can provide great DPS depending on the map and situation.

I do however, look forward to the changes, should be fun.

I disagree.

In PvP, especially in the Rankeds scene, it's pretty solid. IMO, DF was the filler third talent tree (PvP wise anyways). I think all specs are pretty solid currently, they just provide different roles. But I don't think either of them are inferior in anyways when it comes to DPS. SS is bursty, Sabo is middle of the road with great area denial, and DF is overtime. But overall, all 3 specs can provide great DPS depending on the map and situation.

I do however, look forward to the changes, should be fun.

I stand corrected. I was thinking of removing that intro to make the write-up as objective as possible. Mainly on the topic of PVE and dot management and "rotations". I'll be removing that part.

I stand corrected. I was thinking of removing that intro to make the write-up as objective as possible. Mainly on the topic of PVE and dot management and "rotations". I'll be removing that part.

No worries. ;) I am unsure how any of the specs manage towards PvE content, as I do none of it at all (minus leveling up). But in regards to PvP, all 3 are really well done, with DF as a 3rd option only due to how DoT's interrupt mez's and what not. But since we can now talent DoT's to not break mez's in 2.0, and other added changes, it will complete the spec as just as viable as the rest.

:)

I had just finished uploading a video rotation guide for full engineering :). By far this is more "dot" spec than full lethality.

Plasma probe, interrogation probe, corrosive dart, shatter shot debuff, electrified railgun at 3 stacks, and you can put in Cluster bomb sin the mix as well. That's 5, at the most 6 debuffs to track!

I'll post the video soon and let me know what you guys think!

Edited by paowee

• 3 weeks later...
Updated the OP (and updates on the main thread as well). As soon as 2.0 goes live i'll be making a video of the full rotation of engineering on the dummy, with dodge roll and orbital strikes. Edited by paowee

• 1 month later...

Made an overhaul of the thread and everything should be easier to read now. Added Gunslinger terminologies to everything (website thread and swtor thread). Check them out here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=609256

Preview:

Priority list - Single Target:

Percentage of damage done http://i.imgur.com/am54RnT.png (3328 parse)

1. Shatter Shot Flourish Shot
  2. Covered Escape Hightail It
  3. Orbital Strike XS Freighter Flyby
  4. Series of Shots Speed Shot
  5. Plasma Probe Incendiary Grenade
  6. Interrogation Probe Shock Charge
  7. Explosive Probe Sabotage Charge
  8. Corrosive Dart Vital Shot
  9. Snipe* Charged Burst*

Priority list - AoE:

1. Covered Escape Hightail It
  2. Orbital Strike XS Freighter Flyby
  3. Plasma Probe Incendiary Grenade
  4. Fragmentation Grenade Thermal Grenade

MAX DPS Opener:

Percentage of damage done http://i.imgur.com/1NehRkQ.png (4563 parse)

Duration: ~30 seconds

Skip Shatter Shot if a Juggernaut, Arsenal Merc or another Sniper puts their armor debuff up

1. Orbital Strike XS Freighter Flyby
  2. Ambush Aimed Shot
  3. Pop relic(s) with Attack adrenal
  4. Plasma Probe Incendiary Grenade running to melee range
  5. Interrogation Probe Shock Charge running to melee range
  6. Corrosive Dart Vital Shot running to melee range
  7. Shatter Shot Hightail It armor penetration debuff
  8. Target Acquired Illegal Mods armor penetration buff
  9. Covered Escape Hightail It
  10. Explosive Probe Sabotage Charge
  11. EMP Discharge Sabotage
  12. Covered Escape Hightail It
  13. Series of Shots Speed Shot
  14. Laze Target Smuggler's Luck next Snipe is a critical hit
  15. Snipe* Charged Burst*
  16. Snipe* Charged Burst*
  17. Snipe* Charged Burst*
  18. Adrenaline Probe Cool Head
  19. Snipe* Charged Burst*
  20. Overload Shot Quick Shot when repositioning to maintain 3x Electrified Railgun Blazing Speed stacks
  21. Begin single target rotation / priority list here

Edited by paowee

• 2 weeks later...

Added Analyzing Engineering Parses to the thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6345574#post6345574

Analyzing Engineering Parses:

Points to look out for. At 312 seconds you need to have.

~220 Electrified Railgun hits

~100 Scatter Bomb hits

~100 SoS hits or 25 uses

~145 Plasma probe hits

~100 Interrogation Probe hits

~80 Corrosive dart hits

~11 Explosive Probe hits

~20 Orbital if you use 2pc pvp bonus. 15 if you use pve bonus.

~Snipe, (Ambush) will vary depending on your energy management and implementation of your priority list

These numbers are close to impossible to achieve. You might reach the 70 or 90% of the quota but i have yet to see a parse that got it 100%. However the closer you can get your higher priority abilities to these numbers (and then going down your priority list), then that is the ~highest DPS that you can do. Think of it as Engineering's Kobayashi Maru

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So helpful, thank you.

One question. Besides your opening will you use XS/Orbital in a single target boss fight? How do you weave it in?

Ofcourse! :p Orbital strike is one of the best parts of your rotation. You get to do it every minute like Covered Escape - Sabotage - Covered Escape and they bring huge amounts of DPS.

I usually make sure I have all 3 dots ticking before i OS.

Hey guys I made this Google Doc presentation for the Engineering / Saboteur guide. Check it out :) 12 slides and has all the basics of Saboteur. If there's anything i missed let me know.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/11l_KM33L96QRQrJ9DsOQg3pajyXQ0AdKTkJC6QL7ixA/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000#slide=id.gee3b8a9d_0161

Edited by paowee

• 4 weeks later...

The numbers in the list are incorrect, i cut some parts from your post :)

MAX DPS Opener:

Percentage of damage done http://i.imgur.com/1NehRkQ.png (4563 parse)

Duration: ~30 seconds

Skip Shatter Shot if a Juggernaut, Arsenal Merc or another Sniper puts their armor debuff up

1. Corrosive Dart Vital Shot running to melee range
  2. Shatter Shot Hightail It armor penetration debuff
  3. Target Acquired Illegal Mods armor penetration buff
  4. Covered Escape Hightail It
  5. Explosive Probe Sabotage Charge
  6. EMP Discharge Sabotage
  7. Covered Escape Hightail It
  8. Series of Shots Speed Shot

I just noticed something which you might have missed.

The first highlighted should probably Flourish shot :)

The second 2 highlighted, i would first do sabotage and then sabotage charge. Because sabotage procs a free sabotage charge. Is there a reason why you put sabotage charge first?

thx again for the guide :)

The second 2 highlighted, i would first do sabotage and then sabotage charge. Because sabotage procs a free sabotage charge. Is there a reason why you put sabotage charge first?

he'll have so much energy anyways.

Oh haha. Hmm no reason :) Well actually i just want to make sure i get sabotage charge in before illegal mods run out thats why i use it right after my 1st hightail it (sometimes i forget). :o Theres a delay between so i want to use it as early as i can.

Edited by paowee

• 1 month later...