Melee is easier than ranged dps. 3maras+tank=3 shooters+tank? lol

irratare

I apologize in advance for the quality of the translation, I use Google translator. I think that in the game there are huge problems with the very concept of combat, the player versus the player.

I often see the following picture - melee dps using huge acceleration roll on the field, as if cutting a group of shooters. In doing so, they constantly have both speed and the ability to jump. And constantly turn out behind the back of the arrow. The melee then goes to the right then to the left through the enemy is not difficult and he does not lose the attack at the same time. The shooter does not have this acceleration, jumps back and knocks on everything, and as soon as the target on the huge acceleration rolls behind him, he immediately loses the attack. The shooter does not have such speed, nor such immunities to control. Yes, the shooter can fly off to 20 meters and can be done so that it will not jump at once, but that these 20 meters for a maras with an acceleration of 150%? Recently, in single ranked battles, I often see combinations - three melee and a tank against three shooters and a tank. Is it even possible to call it a serious game? During the brief battle, I see only one sparkling spot of swords flying around my group. I can not even see who is there and where is because where I need to turn around not to lose the attack I see only seven swords for example, closing any review. I think that there are very serious problems in the organization of pvp shooters and melee. There is no professionalism here. On my assassin of the 70th level, I use force speed and I roll on the arrows to the right and left.

I'm sure that in many cases, melee rush in here without even examining goals. After all, in this sparkling spot and at such a speed you can not see the normal players, there's no time to orient yourself. But it's easier for them - they just need to drive the mouse along the screen to the right to the left, cutting the group, while the shooter slowed by numerous passive skills will go slowly trying to get out, lose attacks and attack with the simplest shots. In many cases, the speed of combat is such and the interference is so great that the players do not see the targets. In these conditions, the melee is easier. Edited by irratare

In general, I do not understand what kind of pleasure shooter constantly run occasionally shooting. Children's game is like that, catch up with me? Well, he won a melee with a wild constant acceleration. Which also blows my whole life 5 blows. Marauder.

I can see that the melee constantly ignores the control, that they do not have a deceleration, or it does not last very long. And while the shooter must compete with them in the running and melee combat?

when I am attacked by a melee, I constantly see only one inscription - ignore. ignore slow, ignore pushing, ignore cc.

Then they take me by the throat. and while I am hanging in the air quickly killed.

but I can fly off 20 meters, right?

Edited by irratare

I am not sure what your problem is. Do you want people to stand still and not move while you shoot them?

Ranged can move just as well as melee do. The problem is at your end. You are probably a keyboard turner.

Tl;dr madcuzbad :rak_04:.

Just a quick message :

Marauders does not equal every melee class

Mara are by far the top tier class of melee dps when it comes to pvp. There isn't any other melee class that can do as well.

I would suggest you to reform your complaint :p But that's just me ^^

That's right, but I'm not just talking about Marauders. More and that all melee can cut the field without caring about whether the target is visible or not, while the shooter loses the attack. And that in general nothing is visible from time to time. And that the shooters are not on equal terms with melee. Because the possibility of a little cure is not proportional to the damage received. I generally find it difficult to reform something because it's not my native language and I sometimes do not understand why the translator writes so strangely. By the way basically they try to play on the hero who is most terrible. And now it's a marauder. I see them very often just like a shooter. Group Finder for some reason is very fond of throwing at ranged melee.

I am not sure what your problem is. Do you want people to stand still and not move while you shoot them?

Ranged can move just as well as melee do. The problem is at your end. You are probably a keyboard turner.

Tl;dr madcuzbad :rak_04:.

do not be hypocritical. The shooters do not have this acceleration, although the operatives are easier, I agree. From melee it is very difficult to escape, and I'm coming to pvp run? I do not have time to shoot normally if I'm running. Especially since melee have jumps too. Ranged are just meat that is chopped. If you are satisfied with everything as a melee, this does not mean that it is correct.

Edited by irratare

And, I remembered, except for the jump and frenzied acceleration there is also teleportation - instantaneous movement to the goal. And this you call the same mobility ?? HA HA HA

Yet. Did you try to slowly move back from the player with acceleration and shoot? It's not very true, is it? A shoot for the back comes out? Any melee simply runs through the ranged without stopping the cutting of meat. And turns on the spot for running around melee leaves? not losing attacks? I'm like a turret, right?

the enemy to the right and сuts, to the left and cuts, and to me means to guess where he will turn. And lose the attack when he slipped behind his back. Mistaken - the corpse. Ranged - for long-range combat, but they have almost no chance in this game to keep the distance. funny flying back does not help.

Edited by irratare

I can see that the melee constantly ignores the control, that they do not have a deceleration, or it does not last very long.

Sounds like someones firing into full resolve or CC immunity

Yet. Did you try to slowly move back from the player with acceleration and shoot? I

Sounds like a back peddling range to me.

And lose the attack when he slipped behind his back.

Not getting LOS'ed is part of the game.

By the way basically they try to play on the hero who is most terrible.

Looks like they found their guy

What spec are you playing? Some ranged specs are much more mobile than others.

In any case I'd have to disagree that melee is easier to play than ranged. Some specs are easier to play than others regardless of whether ranged or melee.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Sounds like someones firing into full resolve or CC immunity

True, he immediately has immunity. All the time that he needs to kill me. Whether I am treated or not, it does not matter.

Sounds like a back peddling range to me.

Not getting LOS'ed is part of the game.

I'm talking. You can not shoot behind your back, but you turn slower than the melee with acceleration, continuing to hack you.And do you really think that it's right - to turn and run occasionally while shooting while you are being cut down? Is this the idea of the game?

Looks like they found their guy

OK. then I suggest removing the shooters from the game. They are not bad if you need to perform class missions, but only. Leave the real guys, then we can add another superman, batman, someone flying.

Edited by irratare

What spec are you playing? Some ranged specs are much more mobile than others.

In any case I'd have to disagree that melee is easier to play than ranged. Some specs are easier to play than others regardless of whether ranged or melee.

I have both a merc and a commando and a sniper (all70,246), and 61lvl gunsl. The sniper and the op,gunsl are somewhat more mobile, right. And then the main idea - to run around in circles occasionally shooting I do not like. But the merc and the commando with mobility have obvious problems. In general, so, I said everything I wanted. I hope this will be read by those who can do something to change the game. I do not need to prove that I'm a bad player, I already know that. There are problems in the game itself.

Edited by irratare

True, he immediately has immunity. All the time that he needs to kill me. Whether I am treated or not, it does not matter.

There is one spec that has immunity a significant portion of the time-fury mara

I'm talking. You can not shoot behind your back, but you turn slower than the melee with acceleration, continuing to hack you.And do you really think that it's right - to turn and run occasionally while shooting while you are being cut down? Is this the idea of the game?

As a vigi guardian i had to learn to kite and attempt to do damage... without having range to boot.

OK. then I suggest removing the shooters from the game. They are not bad if you need to perform class missions, but only. Leave the real guys, then we can add another superman, batman, someone flying.

Mercs could be literal tanks if given guard and taunt, snipers have a higher skill level but are even more annoying to me as a vigi guardian. If you're playing a dps sorc sure they suck. But you say shooter so I'm assuming merc or sniper. In which case, learn to work with the class.

Edited by KendraP

snipers have a higher skill level

One of the sniper's specs is also inadequate. When they spam their plasma samples, I just do not see the field. This is the main attack of this spec, so that I do not understand who is where?

and why do a lot of people play them. I understand correctly that I should rest a little when the mara enters the arena?

Fury mara is one of the highest parsing specs and arguably the most survivable melee specs assuming the match has a healer. So yeah it's popular.

Merc and sniper are also quite popular because of their survivability and DCDs, and yes range.

Mercs could be literal tanks if given guard and taunt

With a tank that knows how to deal with it, with a normal healer, it's really different, but I'm talking about solo ranked.

Yes, however, and in the group game you rarely find someone who really changes the defender and reduces the damage for you.

snipers have a higher skill level

One of the sniper's specs is also inadequate. When they spam their plasma samples, I just do not see the field. This is the main attack of this spec, so that I do not understand who is where?

This is literally a "don't stand in fire" issue

Mercs could be literal tanks if given guard and taunt

With a tank that knows how to deal with it, with a normal healer, it's really different, but I'm talking about solo ranked.

Yes, however, and in the group game you rarely find someone who really changes the defender and reduces the damage for you.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your point here.

Mercs have among the best DCDs on the non-tank specs and arguably better than PT tank DCDs. That's on top of exceptional self healing and range. The issue mercs have is thanks to their incredible survivability, their damage got nerfed substantially

I have both a merc and a commando and a sniper (all70,246), and 61lvl gunsl. The sniper and the op,gunsl are somewhat more mobile, right. And then the main idea - to run around in circles occasionally shooting I do not like. But the merc and the commando with mobility have obvious problems. In general, so, I said everything I wanted. I hope this will be read by those who can do something to change the game. I do not need to prove that I'm a bad player, I already know that. There are problems in the game itself.

Be happy that bioware increased the hit range to 270 degrees a while back. It used to be 180 and people like you couldn't land a hit to save their lives.

I will give you some advice though. Pay attention now cause I rarely do that. Keybind your abilities and stop being a clicker. That way you will be able to turn using your mouse, which is faster than turning with your keyboard. Plus you will be able to strafe more effectively.

More importantly, stop backpedal. When you do it, you put a huge mark on yourself telling people to attack you cause you are bad.

There are plenty of keybind guides out there, you just need to stop wasting your time making useless threads here and Google it.

My 2 cents.

Mercs get the short end of the stick in terms of CC immunity but if you're struggling with that class you are most certainly doing something wrong. Arsenal Mercs are one of the strongest DPS specs at the moment because they are both mobile and have very strong DCDs. They are also very easy to play in terms of ability usage. Assuming you play Arsenal, since most mercs that aren't healers do, what utilities have you taken? Do you have the one that allows you to use Blazing Bolts on the move? (a must have) What defensive utilities have you taken?

You should also be fighting on the edge of battles and if you get pressure from a melee, don't face tank unless you have responsive safeguards (aka reflect) up and are trying to get a heal to full. Your pushback, rocket out, and kiting are your friends. Generally you want to save Electro Net for Sages or Sorcs or stealth classes you're close to killing, but if you're in real trouble from a melee class and don't have a stun off cooldown, use it! Use anything you have to keep space between you and the melee. Don't forget to use chaff flare (the PVE threat dump...most PVPers don't use it for some reason, but it ups the odds of absorbing force or tech attacks) for when you're taking damage without a DCD up (or if you're low health and getting bursted through Energy Shield), and try to kite into a position where the enemy has to chase you past a crowd of your teammates. Often they'll draw focus if they over pursue. Save Hydraulic Overrides (your speed boost) for times when you need to break a slow and/or get out of trouble. Use Line of Sight when you have to (they can't jump to you if they can't see you) and hit them with CC when they come running around the corner. Save power surge (next ability activates instantly) for use for those times where you're going to use concussive missile (your long stun). Even if the opposing player can break it, concussive missile is useful for putting distance between you & melee during those times where you don't have your other stun. Buy seismic grenades & use them.

If you're doing all of the above you're going to be highly annoying to anyone who is trying to burst you down, particularly with your DCDs, and there is a strong likelihood that if there are other targets present they are going to swap to someone else.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Bioware has basically made playing melee fairly easy... Melee are suppose to have huge burst damage but the trick is they have to get in close range to use it, but like the OP said, they have all these gap closers and they can spec to run like Speedy Gonzales to instantly close the gap. The point of giving range cast abilities is to give melee a chance to get in close but again with all the gap closers and speed boosts melee have the huge advantage of closing the gap instantly and with their instant attacks just tear up any range player in seconds... It's extremely tough to keep any distance between yourself and a melee player.

Didn't used to be this way back when the game came out... Either remove some of the gap closers/speed boosts or add some casting times to their attacks. I won't even mention all the stuns/slow downs skills melee have also...

The only class that has a decent ability against melee is the sniper engineer but even that was nerfed because melee were QQ'ing that it made them slow and they took damage at the same time.

Edited by Monoth

Bioware has basically made playing melee fairly easy... Melee are suppose to have huge burst damage but the trick is they have to get in close range to use it, but like the OP said, they have all these gap closers and they can spec to run like Speedy Gonzales to instantly close the gap. The point of giving range cast abilities is to give melee a chance to get in close but again with all the gap closers and speed boosts melee have the huge advantage of closing the gap instantly and with their instant attacks just tear up any range player in seconds... It's extremely tough to keep any distance between yourself and a melee player.

Didn't used to be this way back when the game came out... Either remove some of the gap closers/speed boosts or add some casting times to their attacks. I won't even mention all the stuns/slow downs skills melee have also...

The only class that has a decent ability against melee is the sniper engineer but even that was nerfed because melee were QQ'ing that it made them slow and they took damage at the same time.

The bolded isn't entirely true. The OP plays a merc and they are more than capable of getting the better any melee class in the game, including Maras, if played right. Arsenal Merc has the strongest DCDs of any DPS spec and that makes it one of the best dueling specs in the game.

You just have to time your DCDs & CC right, know what your opponents' DCDs do and plan accordingly, don't face tank unless reflect is up, and make use of LoS when necessary. If anyone is playing an Arsenal Merc and is struggling against melee classes they're either under geared or not playing the spec correctly.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco