Where's all this talk of 40k+ HP coming from?

Taleek

A quick question... I have a defensive stat budget of ~2300 and was wondering how guardians/juggernauts get to 38% absorb? I'm at 20.3/40/32.5 mostly following the stat distribution in KBN's thread so i'm somewhat confused...

T.

Those relics don't increase your DR at all. The shield relic increases your Absorb and the defense relic increases your Defense. The only things that are going to affect your DR are CDs, talents/buffs (re: Guardian Slash), armor rating, and adrenal.

you are corrrect, i just got both last night, i was actually speaking off my dread guard relics, witch, for some reason when they procced, added to DR. with the new relics, im sitting at 50.24%dr. very sorry for the miss information

I don't see it as an exaggeration so much as a window into my notions of itemization budgets. To me, anything below ~2200 is low; under 2000 is almost unthinkable. For BiS, you should be pushing into the realms of an itemization budget of 2500 (my goal BiS is actually 2506 total).

Dammit, quoted wrong post, wont let me change or delete, Carry on, not the tank you are looking for.

Edited by Padheannis
wrong quote

you are corrrect, i just got both last night, i was actually speaking off my dread guard relics, witch, for some reason when they procced, added to DR. with the new relics, im sitting at 50.24%dr. very sorry for the miss information

I *highly* doubt that they did that. I had 2 DG relics and they didn't do *anything* to DR. The DG proc relic added to Absorb rating, which has nothing to do with DR.

• 5 months later...
On my Juggernaut tank, I have 18% defense, 38% shield and 38% absorb. I have an armor rating of 9478, and after i get into my rotation, im at 52% damage reduction. I am currently not augmented at all (actually in Vanilla swtor augments for shield/absorb.) Im fairly close to fully modded out in 72 armor/mod/enhancements. Having said this, with my fortitude stim on, im at 39,548 hp. The other tank in our raid (sin tank, pretty much equally geared and better itemized) has 41,824 hp with a fortitude stim on. On the PTS, my juggernaut had almost 41k hp and our sin tank had almost 43k hp, and neither of us had a single augment nor were we even close to properly itemized.

I realize that my shield/absorb is fairly low, but im going to be augmenting for those stats, you get entirely enough Endurance from the mods. I also have yet to get the +10 Endurance datacron from Makeb

Would it be rude to ask you for a list of your mods, from each gear piece? lol.

with pvp gear full min/maxed my shadow sits around ~41k hp. Went with full endurance augs just from the impression mitigation means nothing when it comes to guard damage which as a tank is a big bulk of damage you are going to receive. Edited by Rilok_Singz

with pvp gear full min/maxed my shadow sits around ~41k hp. Went with full endurance augs just from the impression mitigation means nothing when it comes to guard damage which as a tank is a big bulk of damage you are going to receive.

Mitigation stats do work on guard damage now, although its fuzzy particularly with defense as to how. (This was fixed in 2.0)

However HP>mitigation stats in PVP because due to autocrits/internal/elemental the TTK return is much better for endurance. The traditional argument for mitigation=less needed healing is nullified by the bursty nature of post 2.0 PVP.

VG and Sin tanks should just over 41k and guardians should be just over 40k

PS: old thread

Edited by Zoom_VI

Mitigation stats do work on guard damage now, although its fuzzy particularly with defense as to how. (This was fixed in 2.0)

However HP>mitigation stats in PVP because due to autocrits/internal/elemental the TTK return is much better for endurance. The traditional argument for mitigation=less needed healing is nullified by the bursty nature of post 2.0 PVP.

VG and Sin tanks should just over 41k and guardians should be just over 40k

PS: old thread

Thanks for clearing that up :D

• 2 weeks later...
My Sin tank, who is in full min/maxed 72(Underworld Pieces, not comms), and doesn't have a single end augment, sits at just short of 41k health stimmed and buffed. He also has 36%DR, 22% DC, 36% Shield and 45% Absorb. I'm wondering how anyone could have 33k health as a tank with a stim, unless you have 66 gear with no augments or something. My sorc, In 72s-78s, has 3637 Wp and sits at 38k health. With the high tier gear(Read, 72s thru 78s), It is almost impossible for any tank to be below about 38-39k health with a stim, even if you go with all the mitigation mods and enhancements.

Assuming you augment properly, they have nothing to do with your hp and are thus irrelevant.

The crafted 66 enhancements and the veracity crafted earpiece/implants gives more mitigation than anything but 78 gear but gives up a ton of hp, so if you actually go full mitigation rather than hp, you don't really get a ton.

This is mostly correct, except for the part about 40k requiring endurance augmenting. If you are stacking endurance as a Assassin tank at least, you will have health between 45k and 50k(Assuming with the easily obtainable verpine and oriconian gear). Jug Tanks will have only slightly less, not sure about PTs

Have a look at the date of that post.

This is mostly correct, except for the part about 40k requiring endurance augmenting. If you are stacking endurance as a Assassin tank at least, you will have health between 45k and 50k(Assuming with the easily obtainable verpine and oriconian gear). Jug Tanks will have only slightly less, not sure about PTs

You are responding to a post which was made pre 2.4....

And last week I've seen a Jugg tank with like 51k.

As of right now my tank is almost full 78's and has 41k HP whithout attempting to stack endurance. I've gone for mitigation stats in every slot - unlettered mods and Bulwark/Bastion Enhancements

Nowaday it's normal for a tank to get there, but before 2.4 (when this posts where written) it required endurance stacking