No credits on repeatable space missions

Vashidas

I know few could care if swtor even had space missions they are such a joke.

One aspect though that was kind of fun is that if you simply felt like doing nothing else in the game, you could rerun the space missions and get some credits and in my case run all of my companions on crafting, treasure hunting or whatever and more easily match the timers to run them more efficiently.

One thing is very obvious about the makers of this game. They could careless about space missions and aren't going to put money into making something really good when it takes all they have just to enhance the main game.

So all and good, but I see no reason why, when they could careless about space missions to begin with, that they felt the overwhelming need to nerf out about the only aspect space missions had going for them to begin with, the ability to rerun the ones you like and get some credits, and hopefully at some point get good enough you can handle the highest level ones, because that is broke to. What mmo has Heroic level missions, that require Heroic level gear to beat it, and it rewards nothing in gear or emblems or whatever that will ever make it any easier.

This game does. The only thing it had going for it was that you could re-run them and get something out of it, and they take that single thing away.

I started playing this game recently after years of wow raiding because wow turned into more of a job then a game.

I had to log into wow every day and do everything necessary to keep my raid characters as good as they could be and then after that, make lots of gold and mats to help support my raid guild. I finaly got tired of it.

So I started playing this game on the idea that its just a game. I am not going to beat myself to death and take the fun out of. I will do what I feel like doing.

So, they nerfed one of the few things out of this game that I enjoyed, which was the ability to hide away on my spaceship when I felt like it, and have my companions craft while I would while away some hours blowing stuff up in space missions and make some credits doing it.

I was really wondering if I was going to continue being a subscriber and it was yes until this morning when I read the nerf to reruning space missions. This is the way I like to craft, and the way I like to spend my time while crafting, and its a significant portion of what I enjoy about swtor, and most of why I need to even be a subscriber.

So I need to unsub. Prefered is good enough now. They won't miss my $15 dollars a month but its poetic justice anyhow. Take away my ability to make some credits while I enjoy other aspects of the game, and I take away the companies credits because I have no need to pay them anymore.

Cheers bioware or whoever you are that made this lame decision.

There is a big problem when people can farm something over and over and make alot of credits with really little effort. They increased the reward for the other space missions to make up for this.

I understand your reasoning but you are in the minority of people who were doing it out of enjoyment instead of a credit farm.

• Dev Post

Hi Vashidas,

You are correct in that we changed Space Combat in Game Update 2.0 such that repeatable missions don't grant credits any longer. However, to balance out the overall amount that players can earn on a regular basis, this change was made in conjunction with a very large boost to the credits granted for completing Daily and Weekly Space Combat missions. So you're still able to make your credits and time your Crew Skills by running a couple of missions, but you'll just need to be sure to grab them from your terminal first!

The patch notes are:

• Repeatable Space Combat missions will no longer provide credit rewards.
  • All Daily and Weekly Space Combat missions have had their credit rewards significantly increased.

This puts them on even ground with other dailies. Other dailies you can only get the credits once per day. Now these dailies are the same.

The part of these space mission dailies that was the mission reward was really the fleet tokens. That was already once a day. Although your technicaly right I view them more as a space solo experience dungeon where the dungeon rewards should be limited to once a day, but as far as credits go, that is for killing things and the higher the stuff you kill, the more drops off of it.

Why shouldn't the space missions drop credits on reruns, when they drop nothing of significance off the daily. There is no gear, no rep, no tokens to buy things you probably don't already have.

Personaly I would say, if the space missions were anywhere near on par with the rest of the game as far as rewards for doing them as dailies, you would be right. But they are not on par. Its like to completely seperate games in terms of both quality and equimnimity of reward for doing them. There is basicaly now no point at all in even doing them unless the credit reward boost that was mentioned is quite high.

Hi Vashidas,

You are correct in that we changed Space Combat in Game Update 2.0 such that repeatable missions don't grant credits any longer. However, to balance out the overall amount that players can earn on a regular basis, this change was made in conjunction with a very large boost to the credits granted for completing Daily and Weekly Space Combat missions. So you're still able to make your credits and time your Crew Skills by running a couple of missions, but you'll just need to be sure to grab them from your terminal first!

The patch notes are:

• All Daily and Weekly Space Combat missions have had their credit rewards significantly increased.

This is not an acceptable answer!

If you want to boost the amount of money daily missions give, that's fine! I like it, rewards for doing them were very low.

But with the little people who actually do space missions, this decision only tells them not to play any more... A space mission takes between 3 to 8 minutes to complete it, so whats the big deal if a person wanted to run them 3 or 4 times in a row and get 2k credits each time... its not like he was going to become a millionaire, and eventually he would grow boring of doing space mission, and finish his day with what? 10k credits? 20k?

You people don't know anything on how to balance an economy... there is ton of proof... one of them is to go in on a operation and after you kill a mob you get 200 credits... what is that, specially when if you die you have to pay 10 times that amount on repairs.

I don't know if you guys look at the economies of the different servers, but in my case (The Shadowlands) it was out of control... I am an average player... i work 9 to 10 hours a day and get to play 2 or 3 hours when i get home, i do some operations during the weekends, so i can't get large amounts of money to pay 1 million for a modable piece for my weapon or armor... and like the op sometimes to relax my self or when there were no guild mates online (small guild) i used to play space missions, and some times repeat 2 or 3 times my favorite ones, and now i wont even get a reward for doing them.

I've been a subscriber since day 1 and i am really angry and how you people insult our loyalty with this type of changes.

No one's going to mention that some people were simply botting the space missions over and over to get near-infinite credits/xp? No?

Alrighty then.

I have seen a few posts on the swtor reddit about people being banned quickly for doing that. IDK if that particular form of botting is still an issue but it could be and that would be even more incentive for them to change this.

No one's going to mention that some people were simply botting the space missions over and over to get near-infinite credits/xp? No?

Alrighty then.

It had to be a fine bot :)

So the right solution to the bot problem is to screw the honest players? don't think so.

I compared credit rewards when this change hit PTS on beginner missions and the heroic missions. The increase in payout at the end barely made up for the loss of credits for the bonus missions while running each space mission. I don't have a copy of that post because the PTS forums are closed and can't search them.

If you only do the space missions once a day, the credits (from what I remember) were about equal either way, presuming you completed the bonus missions as well.

W/O the bonus missions you wound up with fewer credits than before the change.

I never saw any notes that they changed it, and to be honest, the thread I made, after another player "confirmed" it by comparing the credit rewards he/she got....the thread died out pretty quick and got buried in all the other posts.

It's not just Bioware/EA that doesn't treat space as an equal party in this game, it's (in my opinion) also MOST of the player base.

Until more players start posting, positively, about space...what incentive do they have to add to it?

I'm not even sure how anyone could bot that.

Unless when you say bot it's something different then when I say bot.

The space missions are 100% scripted. There is no variance between each run of the same mission. It would be very very easy to basically record mouse movements and buttons pressed to bot.

My understanding was that there was a program out there that did exactly this.

Hi Vashidas,

The patch notes are:

You bugged it out further unfortunately, the bonus missions don't give credits any more either.

Hi Vashidas,

The patch notes are:

Really?

I made a point of doing the Daily Space Missions Operation Raging Dawn and Operation Ascendant Pride every day, along with all the bonus missions, and made note of the total credits earned for doing them before and after this patch. I was pulling down 38k and some change prior to the patch, and now I'm making less than 18k. So, not really seeing the balance here, just looks like a plain ol' fashioned nerf to me, despite your so-called "very large boost". You might want to have another look...

Really?

I made a point of doing the Daily Space Missions Operation Raging Dawn and Operation Ascendant Pride every day, along with all the bonus missions, and made note of the total credits earned for doing them before and after this patch. I was pulling down 38k and some change prior to the patch, and now I'm making less than 18k. So, not really seeing the balance here, just looks like a plain ol' fashioned nerf to me, despite your so-called "very large boost". You might want to have another look...

Got to love Bioware math.

They say 'very large boost'.

What they mean are the amount of credits earned by doing the daily from the terminal post-2.0 are higher than the amount of credits which would have been earned doing a random repeatable mission pre-2.0 without the daily and without the bonus missions added into the total.

What they don't mean is that doing the mission once per day post 2.0 provides more credits than it did pre-2.0 when you consider the payout for doing each mission once included the payout for the daily + the payout for the repeatable + the payouts for the bonus missions.

Edited by DawnAskham

Hi Vashidas,

The patch notes are:

Amber, the total credit reward for a single run of ex. Impossible Sector was around 4k + 4k + 1k + 7k =16k, this has been replaced by bumping up the 7k reward to 9.8k. A total significant increase of -38%

Coupled with the added increase in travel costs to space missions this amounts to a total of -41% credits earned in 2.0

Two fixes to correct this affront to eveyone who plays this legitimately would be to remove the travel costs, as the other dailies do not have such costs associated either. And add some form of reward for completing the bonus missions, ex. 2 fleet comms per bonus.

Please show that you value your subscribers and dont let botters ruin it for the good guys...

No credits on repeatable space missions is a crazy idea. There is no reason to have them repeatable anymore really beyond once for the daily so that mechanic seems clumsy now. This was about 80 percent of the reason I subscribe. I'll probably drop subscription until I see a reason to. I know there are some reasons to, they just don't really apply to me all that much at the moment. The rewards really weren't out of balance with the rest of the game and botters could spend their time on other things much more efficiently I'm sure. Just destroys the fun of a niche of people who enjoyed it.

This is not an acceptable answer!

If you want to boost the amount of money daily missions give, that's fine! I like it, rewards for doing them were very low.

But with the little people who actually do space missions, this decision only tells them not to play any more... A space mission takes between 3 to 8 minutes to complete it, so whats the big deal if a person wanted to run them 3 or 4 times in a row and get 2k credits each time... its not like he was going to become a millionaire, and eventually he would grow boring of doing space mission, and finish his day with what? 10k credits? 20k?

You people don't know anything on how to balance an economy... there is ton of proof... one of them is to go in on a operation and after you kill a mob you get 200 credits... what is that, specially when if you die you have to pay 10 times that amount on repairs.

I don't know if you guys look at the economies of the different servers, but in my case (The Shadowlands) it was out of control... I am an average player... i work 9 to 10 hours a day and get to play 2 or 3 hours when i get home, i do some operations during the weekends, so i can't get large amounts of money to pay 1 million for a modable piece for my weapon or armor... and like the op sometimes to relax my self or when there were no guild mates online (small guild) i used to play space missions, and some times repeat 2 or 3 times my favorite ones, and now i wont even get a reward for doing them.

I've been a subscriber since day 1 and i am really angry and how you people insult our loyalty with this type of changes.

They told you what they did and why they did it. They didn't ask for your permission or approval and frankly require neither as it's their business property.

Don't like it? Put your money where your mouth is and unsub.

Well, all I can add at this point is I ran the missions I always run for 2 days, cleared all the bonuses and hidden bonuses as usualy and came out with far less. I think the one posters statement of a -38% huge increase is fairly accurate.

As far as farming credits, it is really absurd. There are so many different ways to farm credits.

All they accomplished with this nerf, and it is a nerf is take away one of the few aspects I and a small minority enjoy about this game.

And in doing it they apparently targeted two classes of players. Botters for one I suppose. And legitimate players that are also subscribers because that is the catagory you would have to be in to do allot of space missions and be able to rerun them, and thus being able to be on your ship and get some piece and quiet while you did something you enjoyed a little bit.

Edit: I add this for the above poster. They have the right, but as the old saying goes. If its not broken, don't try to fix it and this really wasn't broke. It was one of the aspects of the game that some of the people who subscribe enjoyed. It's not a very good idea to take aspects of a game paying people like, and its really not hurting anyone else, certainly not the play for free folks, and nerf them out. Actualy break it. Just the notion of how many times you have to run the level 50 Heroic space missions to get good enough to beat them makes this a huge mistake. A person could easily spend 20 to 50K in fuel cost rerunning failed missions until they could beat it just once, let alone how many times before they get really good at it.

Now you not only don't get paid for a rerun, but you will pay through the nose for doing it.

Yes, your right. It is their game and they can do as they please, but they may as well have just taken out space missions altogether as do this, because all they have accomplished is take a wreck, and turned it into a totaled wreck that the small minority of subscribers who liked aspects of it, will find no point at all in doing them.

Edited by Vashidas
Additionaly

Well, all I can add at this point is I ran the missions I always run for 2 days, cleared all the bonuses and hidden bonuses as usualy and came out with far less. I think the one posters statement of a -38% huge increase is fairly accurate.

As far as farming credits, it is really absurd. There are so many different ways to farm credits.

All they accomplished with this nerf, and it is a nerf is take away one of the few aspects I and a small minority enjoy about this game.

And in doing it they apparently targeted two classes of players. Botters for one I suppose. And legitimate players that are also subscribers because that is the catagory you would have to be in to do allot of space missions and be able to rerun them, and thus being able to be on your ship and get some piece and quiet while you did something you enjoyed a little bit.

Edit: I add this for the above poster. They have the right, but as the old saying goes. If its not broken, don't try to fix it and this really wasn't broke. It was one of the aspects of the game that some of the people who subscribe enjoyed. It's not a very good idea to take aspects of a game paying people like, and its really not hurting anyone else, certainly not the play for free folks, and nerf them out. Actualy break it. Just the notion of how many times you have to run the level 50 Heroic space missions to get good enough to beat them makes this a huge mistake. A person could easily spend 20 to 50K in fuel cost rerunning failed missions until they could beat it just once, let alone how many times before they get really good at it.

Now you not only don't get paid for a rerun, but you will pay through the nose for doing it.

Yes, your right. It is their game and they can do as they please, but they may as well have just taken out space missions altogether as do this, because all they have accomplished is take a wreck, and turned it into a totaled wreck that the small minority of subscribers who liked aspects of it, will find no point at all in doing them.

I actually noticed on some of the space missions, I was getting only XP and Legacy EXP rewards (which is why I stopped doing them). I got no credit rewards, which could be why the sudden drop in return.

edit..and those were on dailies, not reruns.

Edited by Jinsali