QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

AdamGe

I admit I didn't take the time to read through 5 pages of responses but here are my personal top QoL requests:

Legacy option to remove the "fog of war" from maps after an area has been discovered by any character in your legacy. I would even go for a CM item to remove the "fog of war" from maps without prior discovery. IMO this is a stupid mechanic in any game and even worse in a game based on Star Wars. it has no place in the lore. I have a space ship. I can scan a planet and upload the maps to my datapad. There is no need to explore and draw my own. Make it a toggle for those that want to use it to track exploration but it shouldn't be a forced mechanic in a sci fi based game.

Selective dark side corruption toggles. For example separate eye color & other effects and have each separately toggled so that I could for example have the red eyes without my skin color appearing washed out and the dirty face look.

Guild-wide mail for officers.

Dual Spec

Armor Dye (Match to chest is a start but way too limited)

Hood toggle

A true appearance tab.

Multi-passenger speeders

Day-night cycle

Edited by corcode

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my current QOL list.

Guild Event Calendar - For the love of sanity please do this asap. Having to use an outside tool for this is crazy.

Separate procs and de-buffs to a different bar away from standard buffs so they can be easier to see

Account/legacy wide bank tab

Equipment manager for at least two complete sets of gear

Dual Spec

Legacy Datacrons - platforming is not repeatable fun

Respec advanced class not just clear talent tree

Whisper from the guild tab

Double xp for max legacy level - leveling up new characters isn't anywhere near as much fun the 6th time

Guild tax or some other way to automatically get credits to guild bank to fund guild wide repairs

Need some reason to want to be in a guild. Currently it's just a glorified friends list.

Thanks - Aces

Give us the option to send our companions out to take items from our inventory to our storage locker. Nothing worse than constantly getting full of mats and loot in the middle of an instance.

And DUAL SPEC is required.

Also if you can create dual spec option, let us have a third PVP SPEC option. Several other games have done this so that you can better spec for PVP instead of wasting one of your dual spec options on a PVP build.

Edited by PanzerKraken

I want to share my agreement with more healing tools - especially mouse-over healing. I even remember devs saying early on that this was something they had no issue putting in the game.

Also, anything will allow us to track procs, buffs, debuffs, and other health/target information easier. Or, just allow people to start creating their own UI via mods - less work for the devs.

I would also love to see more guild management tools.

1. a "see disspelable effects only" on raid frames - so a healer can purge/clense the effect or even know that they have one with the crazy amount of clutter from normal buffs

2. a "see my effects only" on target frame - so a sentinel/ mara can distinguish their dots from others that may be in the group as its sometimes difficult to tell if its your burn or a raid membes (2b. on that subject changeing the overload saber or the cauterize debuff so they are distinctly different debuffs on the targets bar)

3. a legecy bank would be nice

4. an event calander would be nice

5. the ability to check your legecys recipies from alts so you know witch ones you still need or what maetrials to send over.

6. corectly sized boss aoes ie red circles and the like representing the true size of an aoes splash damage this is not true in every case tho it is in most (that or lag has been catching me out)

7. to be able to hand in a daily quest to any hand interminal not just the one next to the quest terminal

8. pvp/ops/fp quest terminals in vip lounge would be very nice

9. dual spec (not just that it remebers the different skills you chose in each tree but that it remebers were you placed the skills on the bars as its very annoying having to change my bars around twice a day for the dailys)

Edited by beanseh

Thanks for the feedback, I hadn't actually seen dev responses to the legacy codex or definitively "NO" to legacy datacrons. Do you have sources?

I had heard that 2.0 on the PTS has several codex improvements and better datacron tracking, but not the stat buffs from datacrons, atleast not for 2.0? But I had not heard a definitive no to shared legacy datacron stats. If they're worried about new or lower level characters being OP, I suggested having the datacrons shared thru legacy, but simply locked to all characters until they reach each planet/level, at which point the datacrons available at that planet/level would be unlocked, keeping stat boosts in line with characters level.

Hmm I can't find any sort of transcript but I'm referring to the SWTOR: Community Cantina in San Francisco. As for specifics on what was said... I believe it was merely something like 'Datacrons will not be added to the legacy'. So I suppose there could be some give there and perhaps we can bash away asking for that one until we get a dev post about it :jawa_smile:

As for the rest, I stand firm!

My CoL requests are as follows:

- Shared Datacrons over Legacy

- Shared Bank Tabs, tired of having to go through 14 alts to find one item.

- Character Perks becoming Legacy Perks. It's a total waste of credits and Legacy should be a reward for playing so long, not a fine.

- Mini games, this is something that the game needs desperately. Swoop Racing, Pazaak, and hell even making bets on Warzone teams would be cool (also having a Spectator mode).

Honestly, just things that would make the game less punishing and more fun BESIDES COMBAT!

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

I don't know if anyone else has said it, but personalizing your star ship would make it more like a home and make going into other people's ships, inviting them onto your own more unique and interesting. A theme would be a good start, but the ability to buy furniture and decorate rooms would be an awesome way to really make my piece of the galaxy feel like my piece of the galaxy.

I'd also like to see a guild bank access for my star ship.

1. Dual Spec.

2. Legacy-wide datacrons.

3. More quickbars for all these Cartel Market stuffs... 1-2 quickbars more pls!

4. Ability to enlarge only my buffs/debuffs in UI editor!

ah lol

5. Shared Bank Tabs ofc! :D

Edited by Glower

my top 3 quality of life improvements [excluding guild features] would be

1] lower cool downs on all transportation abilities [quick travel, priority transports, fleet passes]

2] the ability to mount while moving and the ability to buff / stim and use emotes while mounted

3] a legacy cargo hold with bank to hold credits, unbound items and legacy bound items that all my characters have access to

3 small things that besides the legacy cargo hold not being a dev myself would assume takes very little effort to add to the game, there are a lot of things I would love to see added but I feel these are the most reasonable and would be in the game already if the devs played as much as the players :D

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Equipment Modification Interface I'd like an equipment interface that would allow me to easily see gear as well as mods/enhancements/armor/augments. Perhaps it's a larger window that shows all the slots. Maybe a toggle that pops them all out at once. All I know is I have a hell of a time going back and forth between my inventory and mod windows trying to figure out what I need to upgrade.

Ship Upgrade Comparison Tooltips And while I'm at it, when I go to buy ship upgrades from the vendor can I please get a comparison tooltip with what I already have?

Edited by Drebs

I would like to see death from above/mortar volley not have a range minimum, other classes with aoe skills (ie. sorc's force storm and JC's forcequake, and IA's orb strike and sm's equivalent) do not have a minimum range.

it can be frustrating sometimes as a BH while fighting a group of mobs right on you and trying to get right at that threshold of the restricted range and at the minimum range allowed.

im curious as to why we have the restriction and please dont say its because it wouldnt make sense to have rockets blasting in your face, because it doesnt make sense to have lightning or an orbital strike launching down on you either

My QoL of what I wish to see?

Kalligs countenance working with hoods again

Revan's, Pathfinders, Investigator's set double hood gone.

High Quality Chat Bar/Chat Bubbles.

Revans color issues on chestpeice(light grey as of 1.6.1 to now) and leggings(been brown since been graphically fixed)

Ship Personalization.

Chairs/Couches useable at hotspot cantinas and ships

SHIP COMPANION PLACEMENT.

I want to share my agreement with more healing tools - especially mouse-over healing. I even remember devs saying early on that this was something they had no issue putting in the game.

Also, anything will allow us to track procs, buffs, debuffs, and other health/target information easier. Or, just allow people to start creating their own UI via mods - less work for the devs.

I would also love to see more guild management tools.

+1,i forgot to put this in my post.

What would I like to see?

1. Daily mission terminals in my ship as legacy reward (pvp and pve, like the mailbox/GTN/repair droid).
  2. No loading screen when transferring into my ship.
  3. Have a speeder in my ship.

Let me explain 2 and 3 (1 seems pretty obvious).

When I click on the door to my ship, I shouldn't hit a loading screen. Rather, the door should open and I should be able to go into the ship interior. As it stands, it feels as if many of the ships are larger on the inside than they are on the outside. They should actually be to scale, and loading the ship more aggressively when you enter the starport should be used to reinforce this.

Besides which, your ship should be your base of operations when you're not hanging around in fleet. I mean, it's not exactly your "home away from home". For most characters your ship is your home.

A speeder in my ship means that I want to be able to buy a speeder access point for my legacy. I should be able to go into my cargo bay and access the speeder map from there once I have activated the connecting points. Likewise, I should be able to take a speeder from any speeder point on a planet, and fly directly into my ship, or at least the space port docking bay that has my ship in it.

Likewise, I should be able to pick from a variety of speeders to represent this personal taxi service.

While I'm on the subject, why do we take actual freaking yellow cabs around planets? I own like six speeders. Speeders should be equipped. Not cast. And when going from speeder point to speeder point you should use your speeder. Not some lame taxi with an "in service" demarcation.

I mean...even Luke had his own speeder. He sold it before he and Kenobi hooked up with Han and Chewie in the Mos Eisley space port.

To be honest I am not 100% sure what falls into the QoL category, but here are my (hopefully realistic) wishes in that department:

- Positioning Companions on our ships. If I want to have Quinn and Vette trade spots, for example. Make this unlock after you complete their story arc, so you don't have to worry about any of the current "must be on your ship" conversations being messed up (if that is even an issue).

- Improved/additional emotes. Such as: alternative /sit that looks more dignified, /liedown, /dance for males that does not look ridiculous, /sore aka that hunched over, arm across the chest position that hurt and sick PC's and NPC's use.

- Sitting in chairs/furniture, especially on our ships and in cantinas.

- Starship interior color customization. Even just letting us change the overall color palette (let us select from pre-made color themes) would be great. Ex: Original, Light, Dark, Opulent, Pastel, Bold, etc.

- Additional Companion customization kits. And while we're at it, fix Companions like Ashara and Vector and give them a proper body skin!

- New hair styles, colors, and complexion and makeup options. These could be sold as packs you unlock with cartel coins, hint hint. ^_~

- Hood toggle! Or at least, an invisible head piece that you can use to make hoods disappear that does not give Miraluka those strange looking tiny sunglasses for a "mask".

- Side mounted weapons for Operatives that look more pistol-like than rifle-like, even if they are still large. Possibly something similar for Trooper weapons (which I am not familiar with). Most back mounted weapons clip horribly with Twi'lek lekku. >.<