Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I hate all the players who had a cry about the population. Go play with a couple friends, there's your damn community. You don't need 1000 people running around the fleet to have community. You know what 1000 people running around the fleet is? It's not community, it's 1000 people running around who don't give a damn about you and don't want to talk to you.

Ping > population. This game's better as a single player game, and you've ruined that with all your crying. Thanks a freaking lot. You've ruined the game for oceanic players you little population babies, hope you're happy.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't talked to people on the Gav Daragon server, haven't you. I am a regular on this server and as far as I'm aware or that I know, most of the players are unsubscribing or are about to unsubscribe from SWTOR, when (or if) this happens. Most people don't want to, but that's the price of Bioware's stupid (and downright crazy) decision.

You're the first GD person that I know of is against it, and im sure there's others but sorry 10 people out of 50 isnt that much lol

Have you actually played on US server during our prime time? on the harbinger it had 180 people on the fleet > less than 100 on Dal stats dont lie dude just accept it

But you wont because your butthurt and will Rant and Rant you shall but my friend EAWARE have made their decision and you are either going to be forced to play on the harbinger or just QQ and unsub either way you're illogical whining won't make any difference at all so just give up pls kthx

It takes a very miserable, bitter sort of person to take delight in the unhappiness of others. You are just a very small man, in mind and spirit, and for that you have my genuine pity.

Feel free to affirm my statements by responding with more attempts to antagonise, demonstrating your poor literacy and desperate need for attention.

hi please embrace the change, i already have, playing with a higher ping is what all non us residents are used to, if you really are threatening to quit and go to a different mmo, you will have the same ping. Which makes your threats about unsubbing over bad ping seem even more silly.

Have you actually played on US server during our prime time? on the harbinger it had 180 people on the fleet > less than 100 on Dal stats dont lie dude just accept it

But you wont because your butthurt and will Rant and Rant you shall but my friend EAWARE have made their decision and you are either going to be forced to play on the harbinger or just QQ and unsub either way you're illogical whining won't make any difference at all so just give up pls kthx

And? What does that extra 90 people add? We choose the oceanic servers because the ping would be better and the chance the population would be a lot lower then the US, you don't seem to understand that. We knew the consequences of our choice and we are living with those choices fine, just the incredibly ignorant and loud minority group your in just seems to happy that you can't make up you're mind and letting biofail do that.

Lol anything less than 5000 is a minority and barely noticable at all by big companies like EA

But for devils advocate i'll do the math EA reports 2 million players you say 300 that is like 0.003% uhh yeah sorry not even worth looking at

If there is more then more then 5000 online people playing now across all servers I would be surprised.

Edited by aVmuse

hi please embrace the change, i already have, playing with a higher ping is what all non us residents are used to, if you really are threatening to quit and go to a different mmo, you will have the same ping. Which makes your threats about unsubbing over bad ping seem even more silly.

It's not silly at all, in two possible cases:

1. People like me, who simply won't play another MMO. I didn't play them before SWTOR because of the connection, and I won't play them after with a good local server option either. Of course, I came from 6 years of heavy Counter-Strike playing, so I will never waste my time with overseas connections.

2. People who (SHOCK HORROR) actually prefer other MMOs. I guarantee some APAC players have only stuck with SWTOR because it offers something other MMOs don't: a good quality connection. In the absence of that carrot, why not play something you prefer?

It takes a very miserable, bitter sort of person to take delight in the unhappiness of others. You are just a very small man, in mind and spirit, and for that you have my genuine pity.

Feel free to affirm my statements by responding with more attempts to antagonise, demonstrating your poor literacy and desperate need for attention.

Well seeing as how you use these descriptive terms to try and personify the anomlay that is me and seeing as how you are trying to come off as condescendat I won't judge you on that account sir. As your superior intellect probably can't come to terms with the fact that my arguement makes more logical sense than the whole ping/timzone issue > population issue which seems to the responsive trend to the solution to fix said issue, you have decided to try and tear my mentality apart as your egotistical line of thought simply will not allow the fact I made more sense than everyone else (specifically you as you have taken the time to think about my headspace).

But I'll Bite...LOLOL U MAD COZ UR SERVERS ARE DEAD AND YOU'RE FORCED TO PLAY ON SERVERS THAT YOU DONT WANT TO QQ HUEHUEHEUEHUEHUEHUHEUEH!!!!!!!1111111oneone!!!11111

And? What does that extra 90 people add? We choose the oceanic servers because the ping would be better and the chance the population would be a lot lower then the US, you don't seem to understand that. We knew the consequences of our choice and we are living with those choices fine, just the incredibly ignorant and loud minority group your in just seems to happy that you can't make up you're mind and letting biofail do that.

Well now Biofail have made that choice for you. So again not happy about the solution QQ and leave the game..simple :rolleyes:

Almost 300 people wanting to keep oceanic servers is just a sign that we are not dead

Yes it is. You think eaware care what 300 people think ?

300 sigs won't do anything. Gl keep trying. As I said though, waste of time.

Oh wow - extra idiots standing around on Fleet, doing nothing... that'll help my gaming experience! That's much more important than actual performance!

It's your business if you choose to believe BW when they piss on your head and tell you it's raining, but don't expect everyone else to do so. The day I take advice from someone who uses "butthurt" and "kthx" while trying to

sound superior... well, that'll be the day I suffer a violent head-injury.

It's not silly at all, in two possible cases:

1. People like me, who simply won't play another MMO. I didn't play them before SWTOR because of the connection, and I won't play them after with a good local server option either. Of course, I came from 6 years of heavy Counter-Strike playing, so I will never waste my time with overseas connections.

2. People who (SHOCK HORROR) actually prefer other MMOs. I guarantee some APAC players have only stuck with SWTOR because it offers something other MMOs don't: a good quality connection. In the absence of that carrot, why not play something you prefer?

1)Well thats a personal preference and ill leave you to yours.

2) If people really played this game only for the ping , im sure they dont enjoy this game and i im not sad to see them go, but i wish they'd do it quietly. Cause these people would probably encompass the various nomads who hop from one title to another to see whats "best" and never really settle down for one.

You haven't talked to people on the Gav Daragon server, haven't you. I am a regular on this server and as far as I'm aware or that I know, most of the players are unsubscribing or are about to unsubscribe from SWTOR, when (or if) this happens. Most people don't want to, but that's the price of Bioware's stupid (and downright crazy) decision.

I have 3 50s on gav. That place is very *********** quiet/dead.

Couldn't be happier along with some of my mates who share my opinion.

Well seeing as how you use these descriptive terms to try and personify the anomlay that is me and seeing as how you are trying to come off as condescendat I won't judge you on that account sir. As your superior intellect probably can't come to terms with the fact that my arguement makes more logical sense than the whole ping/timzone issue > population issue which seems to the responsive trend to the solution to fix said issue, you have decided to try and tear my mentality apart as your egotistical line of thought simply will not allow the fact I made more sense than everyone else (specifically you as you have taken the time to think about my headspace).

I'm not sure if you really expect me to take you seriously, given how much you struggle with basic written communication.

I love how you try to attribute my response to some sort of inability to address your original point. That's entirely impossible, because I haven't even read your original point. I'm simply responding to your repeated, persistent, and deliberately destructive antagonism. It speaks volumes that, given whatever options you have for occupying your time, this is your choice.

Well now Biofail have made that choice for you. So again not happy about the solution QQ and leave the game..simple :rolleyes:

I am leaving the game? I'm just waiting to see if they reverse it, but after this they have ruined the their own reputation and the population of oceanic servers further, they lost people and gained the very few people who are for this, such as yourself.

Edited by aVmuse

I am leaving the game? I'm just waiting to see if they reverse it, but after this they have ruined the their own reputation and the population of oceanic servers further, they lost people and gained the very few people are for this such as yourself.

k bye pls tell me how your other mmo is doing with the same ping.

k bye pls tell me how your other mmo is doing with the same ping.

World of tanks with an oceanic server? Just fine thanks.

Planet side 2, oh look another oceanic server, that's awesome. Plenty of mmo's out there with low ping and they might not be RPGs but you know variety and change.

Edited by aVmuse

Lol most my guild has unsubbed already. :(

Watched what was a vibrant lively guild the day before just crumble with in hours of this decision.

In BW's move to help the population they have instead completely destroyed it.

I was in for the long haul with this game, but now I am forced to un-sub because without the option to be competitive in high end RWZ's and NM OPS there is no game left to play.

Oh well, was goop fun! Never had any intention of even looking at ESO,.......but now it looks like I am in for it. :)

I am leaving the game? I'm just waiting to see if they reverse it, but after this they have ruined the their own reputation and the population of oceanic servers further, they lost people and gained the very few people who are for this, such as yourself.

Why would they reverse their decision? 300 people not happy about a little lag increase and losing their precious in game names won't make eaware care at all, apac servers aren't profitable to them.

The people unsubbing won't worry the company. They've shown before they don't care for Asia pacific.

Why would they reverse their decision? 300 people not happy about a little lag increase and losing their precious in game names won't make eaware care at all, apac servers aren't profitable to them.

The people unsubbing won't worry the company. They've shown before they don't care for Asia pacific.

Of the percentage of players who are (a) subscribers and (b) know about this issue and © come to the forums and (d) have seen that petition and (e) can be bothered filing it out - 300 seems pretty good to me.

Ugh so as of right now this is all still going ahead? Man, I loved this game, I literally can't play on US servers because I live in Western Australia. Mechanics like Nightmare EC droid interrupts... yeah literally impossible for me. PVP? Client is so sluggish I can't play at a competitive level. Still no word on them changing their minds? D: