Please make groupfinder spec specific.

I made a post on this a while ago, because of people queuing as tanks or healers when they are actually DPS...

If you end up with 3 dps in a group it will not allow the group to re-queue unless 1 of them ticks healer or tank again, which is a bit broken. It shouldn't allow a DPS to tick tank or healer to begin with :/

Edited by NasherUK

I made a post on this a while ago, because of people queuing as tanks or healers when they are actually DPS...

If you end up with 3 dps in a group it will not allow the group to re-queue unless 1 of them ticks healer or tank again, which is a bit broken. It shouldn't allow a DPS to tick tank or healer to begin with :/

They might not be ticking the wrong option, the group finder itself is buggy in that regard.

I queued for Story Mode EV with a pre-formed group of 7 people (missing 1 healer). I was a Commando dps, and verified that my group finder settings specified DPS only, Heal was unchecked.

When we queued, I was flagged as a healer, and the group finder added another dps instead.

So we declined, I double-checked my settings, we regrouped and queued another time. Again it flagged me as a Healer.

I really hope the Monday night patch fixes this.

Edited by JeffKretz

As the post says, dont let non specced tanks or healers que for those roles just because their class can have the ability. Would save me alot of wasted time.

Thanks

The thing is.... the content isn't hard (LI HM excepted.)

I can comfortably tank any of the Tier 1 HMs in Vigilance spec, Soresu form and wearing my tanking gear. By comfortably I mean that even with a healer in mediocre gear we have no issues. My gear actually lets me tank it far more effectively than somebody in Corellia gear and tank spec. I even tanked HM False Emperor without wiping with just a Scrapper Scoundrel in bad gear (~16k health, without even 11 points in Sawbones - no SRMP even!) as our healer although that was a little bit too much like hard work.

Similarly, well geared healers are perfectly capable of fulfilling the DPS roles - we queued as a guild group with 2x Sawbones (good gear), Shadow Tank (mediocre gear) and Sentinel (good gear) and lost the Sentinel at the first miniboss. We continued without him, hoping he would be able to rejoin us, and didn't see a single enrage timer. Augmented Rakata/Black Hole healers can do better damage than Tionese DPS.

The issue isn't people queuing for roles they aren't specced for, it is them queuing for roles they can't handle which is generally a gear issue more than a spec issue. Probably any of the classes with a tanking form will be able to tank HM FPs in their dps specs as long as they have Columi tanking gear and swap stances.

Much more of an issue is when you get DPS who are wearing half Tionese tanking gear and half Corellia gear - they really struggle.

As the post says, dont let non specced tanks or healers que for those roles just because their class can have the ability. Would save me alot of wasted time.

Thanks

**** that I queue for tank and dps and have gear for both and field respec. Don't take away options from me just because people are stupid.

I would sign this. I am sick of 3 Tanks and a DPS (that has heals) being queued together. Got queued for False Emperor a couple nights ago with myself as the Tank (Shield Vanguard), and 2 Juggernauts as "DPS" that were in Soresu form and Tank gear the entire time. Oh... and our healer? A Scrapper Scoundrel.

• 3 weeks later...

Seconded... Or make it so the person with the wrong spec is stuck in that role and must drop. Here is why :

An exploit making its way on our server is people skipping the queue lines and going straight to the front by having 3 people (usually guildies) queuing together with one in the "tank" role but is in reality dps. They get instant queue, kick the 4th person, change roles and are now looking for a tank but since they are already in the instance... they are first in line.

Something needs to be done or people will just stop using the group finder except with guildies using this exact strat.

Really will hurt small guilds the most.

So if things go according to the OP's suggestion, hybrid guardian tanks will be flagged as dps when they queue (because of having more vig talents than defense ones).

Which means you will still have 2 tanks on your group. You could have the best geared tank in the world, with the best tank build, but if the player doesn't know how to tank, then you are still stuck with a problem.

Like the others have said before me, it's usually the LFG tool being buggy and messing up the roles.

I don't see a need to enforce queuing only for your spec - willfully misqueuing is a community problem that you can fix with ignore/not pugging.

But they do need to fix whatever bug the finder has that occasionally puts people queuing as tank or heals in as dps.

The issue isn't people queuing for roles they aren't specced for, it is them queuing for roles they can't handle which is generally a gear issue more than a spec issue. Probably any of the classes with a tanking form will be able to tank HM FPs in their dps specs as long as they have Columi tanking gear and swap stances.

Please don't say that, you'll encourage even more people to do it :mad:

Seriously, Shadows and Assassins especially should not try this unless they are confident in the abilities and gear of the rest of the group. Without Kinetic Ward / Dark Ward, and the damage reduction they get from tanking spec, they will make things significantly more difficult for their healer.