Let's talk credits...

Dekadez

Hey guys,

I'm lvl 18 now, took Biochem(94)/Bioanalysis(116)/Diplomacy(70) as my crew skills. I've been investing in companion missions a lot to get the skills going early.

However, despite successfully using the GTN to sell what I made with Biochem, to sell the occasional interesting drop, I've been sitting at a steady 7-8k for 4 levels now, without ever purchasing the inventory upgrade (which I feel is unnecessary at this moment).

If I'm not mistaken the first speeders at L25 will cost me about 8000 creds, right? I also know my income will rise while I level up, but especially my Diplomacy missions are getting expensive (500 creds for 8 minutes).

How do you guys, with a crew skill setup focused on crafting, make money? How much gold do you have at what level and with which skills?

As usual you don't make that much money when lvling up on your crafting skills.

(One exception for me, when one of my mates finally got me to try Wow for a month, I made a ******** of money selling of crafting materials , whislt lvlin'g)

And also bear in mind that this is a new game, and a new market, so it will take some time for the prices to either go up or down, etc etc.

I chose Slicing for my first character as a boost to the alts that will follow. Got to level 21 recently and have around 55k. I've not bought any gear or done many other types of gathering missions but have bought all the skills available so far. You can make a decent profit if you keep sending your ship droid out to get lockboxes.

Crafting is useless, you will be always broke. It's maybe something you can do as a hobby late in the game when you have bunch of cash and nothing to do with it. Early crafting is just crippling because of the mission skill costs.

I wouldn't say it useless, but as far as credits go its extremely expensive to keep up to date...