How many of you HEAL in WZ & No MVP votes?

NukErv

Just curious if others get a little frustrated with this too. I heal like crazy and get Diamond level medals. If I'm lucky, mabey 1 MVP vote. How many other healers get this? Or better when you have Knights or vanguards and no one will place guard on you yet you freely help the team. Yes, I can't hit for 5-7k, but I can possibly equal those hits out. I love seeing a player go from almost dead to 50% health in a few secs.

For those who do appreciate your healers, thanks

People will vote a Healer for mvp,if they realize you've healed them.Some warzones,there so much chaos,and you're pumping out heals and noone notices---because they are focused to their combat and they might not see your name over their heads in green -healing spam.Hey,it happens.

If they do see your name in green healing spam,and you saved their carcass,they will vote you MVP.Newbie players tend not to vote healers MVP,because they really don't understand WZ's yet---some of them think WZ's are team-death match.But veteran players will vote for you.

I've noticed this A LOT lately on my Sorc. I specced a Sorc (currently level 31) just to heal WZ's. Crazy, I know. My heals are not the highest heals in the history of healing but I've surprised myself at times with how much healing I've done without protection from tanks in the same WZ.

I go in, hide somewhere inconspicuous and put bubbles up on any one I can. Then I start healing as I see people losing health. Then get killed. Do the same thing a few more times. I run to the node where my team is to heal there. Run back to other node to make sure I'm there to heal when I'm needed all the while fending off players because now I know I'm flagged and being focused every chance they get. Still no guard is put on me, yet I'm still healing.

Match finishes, I have the highest or 2nd highest on my team. (Not hard since there's not many healers that I see sometimes) I give out my votes to whoever has the highest heals, damage, protection. If someone has high protection I give it to them. I *wait* to see if someone notices my heals. Nope. No medals at the end of a match that I tried my best to keep everyone alive. Keep in mind, I usually have 8-10 medals even IF we lost. No votes.

Very frustrating. And people wonder why healers rarely queue. It makes sense more sense to roll with a pre-made or not at all if people don't notice healing.

Just to make it understand, when I'm playing on my tank or DPS toons, I ALWAYS look for heals at the end of the match. If you only have 99k heals you have my vote for assisting and being the only one to step up with healing.

Yeah I've noticed the veterans do give votes. Right after I posted this we (the team) had some great games and had 3-4 votes everytime.

There has been nothing but idiots playing tonight (on the Republic side). I mean ***? You get to level 50 and now decide to play PVP. I don't belong to a guild, therefore, I'm a PUB and solo in WZ's. These people who go into a game of Huttball and have no idea what to do. You see the opposing team is going to score (no stopping it) and your the only one who is already half way to the middle while knocking poeple off the bridges. DUH!!! did you notice the other team isn't around? It's a game with an objective. I believe that game was a complete Pre-Made team. They played Awesome. We got our butts kicked and was well deserved. I just hate people think it's a free for all.

Edited by NukErv

Personally how i vote usually is as follows. Objectives, was the person key to securing a turret/planting a bomb/keeping people from interrupting bomb placement/Passing, Setting up, and working with the ball in huttball/healing.

All of my votes are pointed towards effectiveness and who played for the objectives. On average if I'm not sure or dependent where my placement is, I vote for a healer.

Personally how i vote usually is as follows. Objectives, was the person key to securing a turret/planting a bomb/keeping people from interrupting bomb placement/Passing, Setting up, and working with the ball in huttball/healing.

All of my votes are pointed towards effectiveness and who played for the objectives. On average if I'm not sure or dependent where my placement is, I vote for a healer.

I never get votes based on objectives. Multiple times I've gone into VS and planted on the first door, got us across the bridge and then stealthed to the opposite door and planted that door as well. No WZ medals at all. I usually only get multiple medals if I have high damage, usually if I'm 1st or 2nd or if I have a high combo of healing and damage done or high protection.

Unfortunately the best way to get medals is high damage or only run WZ's with guildmates or friends.

I play all three healer types on the Republic side, and my scoundrel gets more votes by far, and my sage the least by far. On my commando, if I'm spewing the green beam of "come kill me I'm a healer and this is how to find me" I get votes for clearly being bold.

But I find myself shorting sages on votes quite often when I don't actually see them healing when I'm playing my tank or dps for the simple reason that most often when I do find them they are fluffing their numbers with noble sacrifice and healing themself. To a lesser extent I don't rewared the ones that are casting salvation and begging people to fight on the aoe spot. Sorry, but I'm not going to stand there in the current class distribution of warzones and get roflsmashed by a combination of 5 marauders and/or juggernauts in less than one tick of that salvation aoe.

I reward the healers that are in the right place at the right time healing the right people, not the ones by themselves in a corner healing themselves, or healing themself for most of their total. That's not to say sometimes healing yourself is exactly what you should do. i.e Like if have half the opposing team of baddies on you away from an objective or facing the wrong way so your team can ninja it when they're being stupid.

As someone who plays all the healers, I almost always give my vote to anyone who puts forth even a moderate effort at producing protection points, whether its guarding me, someone else, or simply taunting. I often vote for what I want to reward and encourage (good play)

I agree. I am full healing sage 31 points in Seer. I LOVE healing all WZ battles and always get top heals by far and many times I get ZERO votes. I realize guild mates or friends plan on voting for eachother regardless of who deserves the votes but to not give votes to top healers is demoralizing. Us healers stick together and know the importance of our job on the battlefield and its too bad many PVPers take us for granted. A jedi seeks no praise LOL but throw us a wookie cookie once in a while....

I was surprised yesterday while i was on my low level guardian and i got 3 mvp votes, while the 2 great healers we had [for their levels] only got one vote each, one of them being from me :eek:. I myself normally play healer, so i always tend to vote for the top healer [or second best, depending on who healed me more, or if im the top healer], or if someone guarded my healer for a while, ill give my vote to them

People will vote a Healer for mvp,if they realize you've healed them.Some warzones,there so much chaos,and you're pumping out heals and noone notices---because they are focused to their combat and they might not see your name over their heads in green -healing spam.Hey,it happens.

If they do see your name in green healing spam,and you saved their carcass,they will vote you MVP.Newbie players tend not to vote healers MVP,because they really don't understand WZ's yet---some of them think WZ's are team-death match.But veteran players will vote for you.

^ ^ ^ ^

This, exactly. While on average, I tend to get several MVP votes per match for healing, it all depends on the team & the situation.