empire pvp on thsi server

cub-lover

the empire faction my god have they all taken stupid pills, thanks the the crap the recent server merge brought to us.

i have lost all intrest in pvp and its a shame since 3 of my characters are pvp based they all have grade 5 of the pvp bonus xp, wich im obviously not going to get the credits back from that so yes..trolls and pathetic people you can post all your l2p's your stop QQing or working as intended.

personaly i dont give two flying ***** what you have to say

I play almost exclusively sub-50 pvp as lvl 50 pvp is way too gear dependent for my liking..

I would say that the amount of stupid pill consuming Empire pills is only sliiiiightly higher than the republic counterpart..

They do take different kinds though.. Empire players tend to be kill ***** players that hunt the epeen glory of a big damage number.

On republic it's more often just simply lacking combat skills.. You see 2 reps attacking a node with 1 defender, and lose often :)..

But republic does seem to more often work together and know the wz tricks.. Empire players are simply headshakingly stupid sometimes.. Like half the ops group fighting as far away from the obj. nodes as possible..

10-49 pvp can be just as gear dependent especially if you twink out a character.. not to mention lvl 10s with no ability's.. There is stupid pugs both sides tbh maybe a tad more premades on rep side at 50 and to get wins i am a tad more reliant on premades when im on my imperial toon :) Edited by AngusFTW

You sound angry. Can I recommend meditation, perhaps some breathing exercises? :-)

If you PUG be prepared for stupid. Don't like stupid? Form a group and queue, or even better get 7 others and head for the ranked queue. I only PUG, my guild is very PvE-focused and my own schedule is too erratic to even try to get into an organised ranked group, so I've learned to accept stupid mistakes - hell, I've probably made more than my share of those :-)

Lvl 50 pvp on this server sucks 'big' time on the imp side.

If the reps are better organized i dont know, seems so from my exp, at least i see allot more premades (top geared premades) on their side then with the imps.

But it doesnt matter cause the situation is just completly out of balance by now and really destroys any fun in pvp, and losing all the time doest even matter either in this situation cause the real problem (for me at least) is that there is basiclly 0 challenge/fun in the great majority of the matches cause the imps simply get steamrolled 80-90% of the time.

And this is not something that arrived from the latest server merge, it was allready so before that time only it does seem it has become even worse since the merge.

I also woundt be surprized if many good pvpers who where once on the imp side have rerolled on the rep side simply becaus of this, in fact from what others (very active pvpers) told me that has allready happened in many cases.

Wich makes the whole situation even worse and you get this downward spiral, cause certainly in the last few weeks any active pvper on the imp side can easily notice the increase in ragequitters, people who camp allmost from the start no matter wich wz and the overall lack of motivation simply becaus most know how it will end anyway shortly afther the start of a wz, and as i said you end up with this downward spiral.

Edited by Plasamxd

Lvl 50 pvp on this server sucks 'big' time on the imp side.

If the reps are better organized i dont know, seems so from my exp, at least i see allot more premades (top geared premades) on their side then with the imps.

But it doesnt matter cause the situation is just completly out of balance by now and really destroys any fun in pvp, and losing all the time doest even matter either in this situation cause the real problem (for me at least) is that there is basiclly 0 challenge/fun in the great majority of the matches cause the imps simply get steamrolled 80-90% of the time.

And this is not something that arrived from the latest server merge, it was allready so before that time only it does seem it has become even worse since the merge.

I also woundt be surprized if many good pvpers who where once on the imp side have rerolled on the rep side simply becaus of this, in fact from what others (very active pvpers) told me that has allready happened in many cases.

Wich makes the whole situation even worse and you get this downward spiral, cause certainly in the last few weeks any active pvper on the imp side can easily notice the increase in ragequitters, people who camp allmost from the start no matter wich wz and the overall lack of motivation simply becaus most know how it will end anyway shortly afther the start of a wz, and as i said you end up with this downward spiral.

my god some oen who isnt a ' stop QQ or L2P or what ever crap those morons come otu with these days

my god some oen who isnt a ' stop QQ or L2P or what ever crap those morons come otu with these days

Are you Teo? It looks like Teo.

Also:

Yes, most of the good imp pvp'ers either left the game or rerolled republic. Im looking at you Es'carli :o

But in general, most the good ones (at least from SoN), either left the game entirely, rerolled rep side or just dont do pvp anymore.

I honestly don't think its as bad as you guys are making it out to be. There is more crap pugs with pve gear but i have no trouble getting wins imp side esp if i queue with my imp guild but also when solo queueing, sometimes ill get into the situation of queueing into the same nubs in pve gear time after time but the thing is.. this has happened to me on republic side as well...

I honestly don't think its as bad as you guys are making it out to be. There is more crap pugs with pve gear but i have no trouble getting wins imp side esp if i queue with my imp guild but also when solo queueing, sometimes ill get into the situation of queueing into the same nubs in pve gear time after time but the thing is.. this has happened to me on republic side as well...

I didnt mean to make it out very badly, if my wording made it sound like that, I apologize :) My point was mainly to solidify what Plasamxd said (

)

Im speaking of before the latest server merge where you guys from Nightmare Lands etc joined us, when there used to be several strong imperial side pvp guilds. Servants of None was, as far as I know, the best pvp guild on the server. They experienced two guildmasters leaving fairly fast after eachother, which caused the guild to dissolve, and most their pvp players (Es'carli, Kassus, Erobos etc) went permanent rep-side (I know some, like Erobos, was playing both sides before this happened, by all means). Beyond Comprehension was also among the top guilds in pvp, but it all kind of dissolved as some people stopped playing, while others in the recent weeks decided to leave and go rep side.

TESR was also one of the more prominent pvp guilds out there for a while, but we just kept losing members there. This made us never have a stable team, where we would play really good one day, then suck big time the next day. In addition, some of our main pvp guys left the game for GW2, as they didnt enjoy the pvp in swtor.

As this is now starting to look like a wall-of-text, Im going to stop writing more now and do something productive while at work! lol jk.

Also, miss Bleezar <3

well a lot of players just won't do pug's again

last time i solo queued i got in a group with 3 ppl wearing pve gear, when i said it would be better to wear pvp recruit gear, i was called noob and other kind words

offcourse after a while, when they got obliterated they started whining again ...

so yes, pug's are terrible

but that's why u have guilds to group with

Pugs on rep side are just as terrible.. But I believe on rep side there's just more guilds deciding to run a premade, which results in a higher chance of getting two of those together. What I also see a lot more on imp side is jugg/mara smash spec roaming the field together, killing everything they see; but caring about objectives isn't part of their religion. Sometimes, when you aren't strong, you have be to smart. Quite a lot of imps don't act like being.

Hey, I am not trying to generalize to look everyone bad, it's what I've noticed ;D Should make some vids of normals, if only my pc allowed me to do so :)

It isn't as bad as made out. I get the impression the OP hasn't run a lot of pugs Rep side to compare and contrast. The suck can be strong on either side.

One thing to remember is that you can get runs (embarrassing in the middle of a warzone, I know), where you just win every match, and that's without having the same premade synching with you or against you. Wednesday night my scrapper was in terrible Rep pug after terrible Rep pug, seven straight defeats until we finally got a win and I could log out. Then Thursday night we destroyed the Imps every time - without grand premades, that I recall - and I had to switch over to my Imp alt because I started to feel bad (and then won again on that side, though it was closer).

The point is that people can play a few games and convince themselves that what they experience is some unstoppable trend across all time and warzones. It isn't, it goes both ways. Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you. And sometimes the bear eats you seven times.

I'd say that in my experience, Imp side does tend to be more aggressive and less cooperative, which may be why Reps seem to organise more easily (thus winning slightly more, perhaps). However, that's just an average, and both sides have good players who can leave me in a bleeding heap.

A PS - I noticed in a similar recent post about terrible Imp side on Red Eclipse that OP was complaining Lord of the Drinks were destroying PvP on Red Eclipse by killing everyone easily. With respect to LotD, who are also good players from what I've seen, that hasn't been the case at least since server merge. I wonder if the OP has actually played much PvP in the month since merger to make the claims. I can't speak for how true they were before then.

Edited by Wainamoinen

I honestly don't think its as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

It is that bad.. I pug mostly because coordinating a group who are online at the same time is tough also.

But, like somebody above posted, if you pug prepare for stupid.

Is asking some pvper buddys to queue with you for some wzs really such a complex thing to do for you? I log on my imp and get in premade pretty much straight away (though i am in a pvp oriented guild) but even when those most of those guys where away from gw2 it wasnt that difficult to find some people.. Edited by AngusFTW

So I did a warzone.. I had 5 full recruit in my group, which is fine for that matter.. The group was balanced in the sense of 4 dps, 2 tank and 2 healers. I had a good outlook on life! The problem tho.. Reps focused down our guys real fast, imp ran around hitting random stuff lolling about. I was laughing in the end to be honest, when the scoreboards came up.

Me (operative healer): 268k damage taken, 360k heals done

Other operative healer on our team: ~250k damage taken, ~320k heals done

Reps had one healer, a scoundrel: 47k damage taken, 230k healing done.

I mean, this isnt even about everyone focusing the same target. Its about people just focusing down the effin healer :< Bleh.

Also, Bleez, I blame you for putting me through this trauma :< I felt encouraged damnit!

Edited by ronniehenlau

Playing an Imp in PvP I just have to wonder how can so many War Hero geared players just suck so badly.

Most of the time there is no healers, DPS don't even kill marked healers and you have people abandoning turrets.

It takes about a week just get the 9 games won but I swap to my guardian it;s done in a few hours lol.

The Empire just completely sucks at PvP. I wish we could go back to Hidden Beks where it was more balanced and games were fun :D

Playing an Imp in PvP I just have to wonder how can so many War Hero geared players just suck so badly.

Most of the time there is no healers, DPS don't even kill marked healers and you have people abandoning turrets.

It takes about a week just get the 9 games won but I swap to my guardian it;s done in a few hours lol.

The Empire just completely sucks at PvP. I wish we could go back to Hidden Beks where it was more balanced and games were fun :D

A week? I finish the weeklies the same day they pop up, granted though that it's easier to do when the rage fit kids have gone to sleep.

Edited by Beansoup

If wants to form some type pre-made groups then do let me know :D.

Otherwise if people could point the PvP guilds then it would nice to win for once.

know any good imp pvp guilds as i level with a mixture of pvp and pve, but i favour pvp when it comes to plannets like alderon and tatooine, belsavis, maybe hoth, as i hate thsoe planets they load REALLY slow for me and are glitchy as hell once again for me i know i need a stronger machine and i am getting a new pc for xmas (thank you mother)

My personal experience since moving to Red Eclipse is that imps are generally better at killing people, but rep are better at tactics.

So, I find that Voidstar is quite difficult to win because imps just chew through us very quickly and can plant the bomb before respawn, whereas games like alderaan and novare cost are easier to win because we have good communication and tactics. Huttball often comes down to gear: the premade I roll with is fresh and apart from myself the others are only in un-augmented battlemaster and recruit gear. This means if one of my team mates gets the ball they are usually focus fired before they get out of the stun. If we're quick on passes then we win, but as soon as we have to run the ball we generally die.

Ofc, its all swings and roundabouts. There are good and bad players on every team and I more often than not end up shouting at the screen when a nooby rep on my team doesn't shout out for reinforcements. If we left a recruit geared bloke to solo-defend a node then its our fault if he gets nuked. If he doesn't tell us then its his fault.

I've played 50pvp on both sides, and sub 50 pvp on both sides. The stupidity levels are roughly the same. The Republic players (unfortunately, because I'm a Repub) are easier to take advantage of tactically. If you go and attack a group of them and then start moving slowly away from a node, half of the time, they ALL come after you leaving a stealther the chance to cap.

The solution to this stupidity I found was to go in a premade group. You have at least 3 other players who know what to do and it's usually enough to give a decent fight. Losing loses its bitterness when you can laugh at it with other players who gave it their best shot.

• 2 weeks later...
To the OP, I don't know. It mostly takes the same amount of time to do weeklies in both sides. Sometimes on a roll with one side and sometimes with the other. If I see that I'm getting "stuck" then either wait a bit before requing or swap to the other side. Naturally, when I play with friends and guildies win ratio increases, unless we play against other premades; but these are the best and most fun games of all.