How can it be I make Esselles & BT THREE TIMES and my char gets NOTHING

Duoing with my smuggler friend with the esseles twice in a row and all trooper gear dropped. Was pretty sad face but then we realized the odds were stacked in troopers favor ebcause corso and cat man were with us.

Now I don't know if this is true, but so far it seems like each boss basicly has a chance to drop something good for people who are there. So say if you have one of each class type, it has a 25% chance per class. However, in the previous story it was me, a trooper, corso a trooper, and cat man being a trooper plus one smuggler. so it was 75% trooper loot and 25% chance for smuggler. It seems the game takes into effect even companions you bring. I have no idea if this is official, but so far this seems to be the way it works. The only time I've seen gear drop for someone not in a flashpoint was the greens you get from chests.

HOWEVER: We also got cursed with like 3 pairs of esseles smuggler gloves randomly dropped from the trash on each run. I'm almost willing to say this is some kind of bug or such.

Bottom line is though random is random. Even if you have a 1/2 chance of loot you still have a 1/2 chance of not getting it.

Edited by Frenor

Duoing with my smuggler friend with the esseles twice in a row and all trooper gear dropped. Was pretty sad face but then we realized the odds were stacked in troopers favor ebcause corso and cat man were with us.

Now I don't know if this is true, but so far it seems like each boss basicly has a chance to drop something good for people who are there. So say if you have one of each class type, it has a 25% chance per class. However, in the previous story it was me, a trooper, corso a trooper, and cat man being a trooper plus one smuggler. so it was 75% trooper loot and 25% chance for smuggler. It seems the game takes into effect even companions you bring. I have no idea if this is official, but so far this seems to be the way it works. The only time I've seen gear drop for someone not in a flashpoint was the greens you get from chests.

HOWEVER: We also got cursed with like 3 pairs of esseles smuggler gloves randomly dropped from the trash on each run. I'm almost willing to say this is some kind of bug or such.

Bottom line is though random is random. Even if you have a 1/2 chance of loot you still have a 1/2 chance of not getting it.

You do know your companions can also use gear? So even if it's not a direct upgear for you it can be an upgrade still.

You do know your companions can also use gear? So even if it's not a direct upgear for you it can be an upgrade still.

Oh this I very much know since on the second run my smuggler friends corso got kicked down all the trooper gear.

No they're not. There are "Black Talon" heavy, medium and light sets.

Im talking the named "Black Talon ______" pieces are heavy armor. I know other pieces drop but they arent "Black Talon Inquisitor Robes" and what not.

Why you running it so many times? If you just progress with your class quest you should get way better armor in a couple hours.

I ran BT twice, the 1st time a BT heavy chest dropped. I was kinda sad to lose the roll, but within 2 hours I upgraded my chest twice. Once to a prototype non-mod chest, and then to a bad *** customizable chest.

Since when is XP NOT a feel good reward from a quest? Do you expect them to just hand over all the same gear to everyone? Hmm sounds like some other crap hole of a game millions of children play. Obviously you never played when MMOs were truly hardcore. Try raiding for 13 hours to finish ONE TENTH of a questline and getting only random generated crap drops for your effort. (Refering to master level 3 first patch in Dark Age of Camelot.) Why is everyone so damn obsessed with gear while they are leveling? Is it that important for you to have the best stuff when you will out level it in a day or two?

So basically you want loot for every single flaspoint you do?

Well thats just flat out stupid and wrong. The whole point of flashpoints existing to to do them, then do them again, then again etc! Getting your loot after the first run renders it pointless.

You are not entitled to any loot just because you have joined a group to do a flashpoint.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be nice if the instance only dropped loot in accordance to who was in the group. My luck with loot in flashpoints really really sucks. I'm a trooper and gear never drops for me. Especially aggravating because I'm usually the only one in the group and I'd be the only one who would need it (except that ******* Jedi who accidentally ninjaed my implant on Cademimu but that's a different story altogether).

However, that being said, the gear drop is random and while infuriating it's fair. That's just an element in MMOs today. Going into a flashpoint is a gamble of your time. You may spend an hour or two and come out with zilch or fully geared until you hit the next flashpoint. Maybe somewhere in between.

• 1 month later...
Its math. If the boss has 10 items to drop and you only need one of those, and they have equal chances to drop you would need to run the instances 10 times to have an even chance at seeing that item drop.

You're wasting your breath. This is one child that should have definitely should have been left behind. I blame the schools for not holding children back when they need to be.