Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

Ok. Yes i am not happy about this but... I also dont want to see anymore boe boe's from Bioware like they did with worldPvP Ilum. So if i think about it.. yes dont go live if its not working. Roll it out in a couple of weeks when it does work.

There is one thing i am still curious about. Does this means we cannot que up with 4-8 man at all on the warzones ? I know ranked warzones but does that mean we still stucked with the 4 man warzones? And if we are... Can we stay in a group now after we done or do we still ened to reinvite guildies after the warzone?

Sincerly,

Edited by Sunflake

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i dont give 2 bleeps for warzones ranked or not but to advertise this like they did ilum just makes me more happy to move to elsewhere maybe in 6 months theyll get thier heads out of the sand when its gone f2p and 100k subs.

Can anyone honestly disagree about james ohlen best pvp team comment? This game could have had so much potential but they just screw off and do bizzare off the wall things.

I dont think anyone should be fired but i thinks its beyond obvious bioware needs to move some people around get some people who can get pvp in general going b/c i dont what else more we can do at this point to drive people off here.

Edited by Meluna

Total fail, what else is there to say, oh ya i forgot u guys have the best pvp devs in any mmo isnt that what u told us. Ranked wz will probably come out in june when gw2 and secret world come out, to little to late.

Rewarding failure is never a option.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Oh man, you can really feel the hatred flowing. You gotta give it to 'em. These PvPers really know how to RAGE. Anyway, it's very likely that the things were not going well in the testing process and they need to rework some stuff. So, no biggie, would rather have a feature that works than one that's buggy as hell.

Yeah, it's brutal in here.

I haven't had faith in the direction PvP was going since 1.1 and trade killing/nascar began. I personally was livid at the thought of a mixed-match queueing system on my server that's already struggling to even have a full group when the match even starts after waiting for a ten minute queue.

For some odd reason I see this as a glimmer of hope that they'll start doing things the right way in the future instead of shoving unfinished, not well thought out content to us.

I'm disappointed and, honestly, feeling a little betrayed BioWare. PvP has been touted as a mainstay feature of 1.2 for a long time now, and I simply do not believe that you just now decided to leave it out. If you did just now decide to leave it out, then I suggest you take a look at your internal processes and see how you can prevent yourselves from disappointing your customers in the future. I can tolerate a degree of over promising and under delivering, but eventually I won't put up with it anymore.

Edit: for clarity

Edited by Ervashi

I'll tell you what happend:

"Hey guys, it's the day before the Thursday patch. You think we should at least try out the PvP in 1.2 a little before releasing it? I mean, the queuing system seems to work fine and all, but how does it all play with all these gear and class changes?"

"Sure, let's go queue up!!!"

10 minutes later...

"We can't release this...not in a million years. Someone grab a handful of straws, cuz one of us is gonna need to tell the up-n-ups."

Heard from the back of the room..."I'm unsubbing my employment here!!"

3 dudes rush to the garbage and vomit.

Suddenly....Mr. Up-n-up walks in and sees people wringing their hands, sweating profusely and a couple of the interns crying...."What's going on here?"

20 minutes of screaming, throwing of mice and cussing like a sailor later....

Blog post ---> this thread.

The End.

Edited by Blotter

Only thing that will fix this is if you can give us a definite date to ranked pvp release with in the next week. GIVE A DATE AND STICK TO IT, use those millions of dollars to their potential.

Also just wondering do the Dev Teams have deadlines for projects ? or is it just a laid back atmosphere there, where thing will get done when the Dev team decides ?

Need to stop looking so far down the road and get the problems of today fixed.

Edited by Slydar

Terrible.

Broken Ranked Warzones > No Ranked Warzones.

Terrible.

You have a game completely lacking ANY kind of relevant PvP. Then, you say you are going to bring ranked warzones. A large part of the players left are extremely excited for having something worthwhile to do! And you pull the rug out from under our feet the day before it launches...

TERRIBLE.

some of you need to relax.....sure im dissapointed but i also want a fun ranked wz expieriance...ty swtor for not rushing it pls dont dissapoint.

6 year development and 4 month live service without any meaningful PVP content cannot really be called rushing something can it?

Don't worry guys! We may not have ranked WZ's in 1.2, but you can use a cool ability from another class once every 20 minutes while you're questing! This totally makes up for it right? Right?!

I tried to give this game a fair shot. This is the last straw, I'm tired of being lied to by Bioware.

Really the day before you launch 1.2 your gonna pull some low stuff like this. So basically the hell with everyone that has been making there teams and good luck with your gear grind again. Ranked Warzones will be coming soon just wait. Well good thing GW2 is just around the corner good luck with your future Ranked Warzones.

I understand your frustration, but that's just not the case.

While I can't give you a window into the studio other than my word, the decision to cut this feature was made very recently. There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly. The PvP team is hard at work on reinstating Ranked Warzones right now.

I think the bigger problem you guys now face is the fact that a major feature was announced to be coming and then last minute delayed so this will just seem like a constant with any future update.

Give in to your anger, let your hate turn you. The dark side will make you stronger and more powerful than ever before.

But in all seriousness i get some people are angry about the 11th hour announcement, but stop acting all entitled and get over it. The feature is not ready to be rolled out yet then fine, i would rather it works as intended than badly.

This is a new MMO there are going to be bugs and there is going to be some evolution in how things work, if you can't wait for the amount of time it takes for them to fix it (it could only be a matter of days before some features start rolling out) go back and play WoW or some other game that has been out for SEVERAL YEARS.

I will be unsubbing right now. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of a game company doing. This is embarrassing. You had a potentially amazing game on your hands and have repeatedly ****ed it up again and again and again.

The Vocal Minority always thinks it's a majority.

But more than half of the community that PvPs is actually a majority. You need to do some research. Look up BW's first PvP press release after launch for clarification and pass the clown hat to the next fanboi.

Bioware SWTOR is never going to be revived i thought 1.2 was going to be the patch that brought back SWTOR but nope, you just killed your PVP community because im not going to get on everyday and play one warzone a day "Hutball!" so have fun yall im out!

WZ faction restrictions are being lifted on all WZs except Alderaan (which will occur later). That, to my knowledge, has not changed. But then again...who knows? At worst, you won't be stuck with just Huttball. Novarre Coast is an open faction WZ too. That's the only WZ I'm interested in playing anyway. The rest are played out and tired.

Lol more like the judas patch!

I lawl'd

I laugh at those that are "unsub" over this. You should unsub if they HAD put in buggy or not up to par content.

It's their dime. Let them unsub for whatever reason they wish. They wanted more competitive team PvP in 1.2. They are not getting it. That's about the best reason for a real PvPer to unsub that I can think of.

50%???? more like 5%

It's over 50% per BW's own admission in their first PvP press release after launch. Uninformed carebears do not do well in PvP threads. Arm yourself with proper information before putting on a clown hat.