SSSP news!

Nothematic

actually playing what you're talking about yesterday, running through the prototype demo. I wish I could give you details. It's great. It's a departure from our current space game. We have a team dedicated to working on it. But it is far out in the future. You won't hear anything about it any time soon. Schubert: It is under wraps. It is a lot of fun. It's definitely not anything we've shipped in the original product

So.. Moving away from our current space game? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Edited by Nothematic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

far out in the future? great...

See you 2014

Unfortunate, but probably true. It'll most likely be apart of a huge expansion around the two year anniversary mark. I had hoped / speculated that they'll make an official announcement soon but that's off the table now.

If there's any consolation it's that it appears to be a pretty sizable project and not something that'll just be tacked on. Well. nothing to do but to wait now.

Unfortunate, but probably true. It'll most likely be apart of a huge expansion around the two year anniversary mark. I had hoped / speculated that they'll make an official announcement soon but that's off the table now.

If there's any consolation it's that it appears to be a pretty sizable project and not something that'll just be tacked on. Well. nothing to do but to wait now.

Yep. This is ridiculous. I expected it to be ready for the 1 year anniversary.

In 12-18 month I´ll already be deep into playing Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous, too late BW.

Another mismanagement fail.

In 12-18 month I´ll already be deep into playing Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous, too late BW.

They are probably saving Makeb for the one year anniversary of this game. Space will probably be epic and leave our mouths on the floor now that f2p is done.

I think a lot of us have been feeling like Makeb might be considered an expansion, but it looks like that's not the case, it's just a really big patch, and that they are in fact working on a full expansion beyond that. I don't think I've ever seen a game release a full expansion in about a year's time, so it's not unexpected that it's not right around the corner.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=564137

How is the super space project going? Does it exist?

"It is so hard being part of the development team is because there are things we really want to talk about but can’t. I just played it, it is a departure from our normal space game but it is also something that is pretty far in the future. We are talking about far out. I wish I could tell you more but you won’t hear it for a while."

Yeh, because Star Citizen with an estimated release November 2014, will allow you tp be deep into it 12-18 months from now. Elite Dangerous, estimated to release March 2014 will also just have you started.

So in terms of those two meaningless titles, BioWare has very little to worry about. Not to mention, vastly different games for which the prime focus is space combat. Here it's just a part of the bigger picture.

Yeh, because Star Citizen with an estimated release November 2014, will allow you tp be deep into it 12-18 months from now. Elite Dangerous, estimated to release March 2014 will also just have you started.

So in terms of those two meaningless titles, BioWare has very little to worry about. Not to mention, vastly different games for which the prime focus is space combat. Here it's just a part of the bigger picture.

Alot of people will have moved on by then. You are mistaken if you think EA has nothing to worry about.

PS... Bioware doesnt exist anymore.

You should of lowered your expectations… a lot.

I don't know why youd think they could of developed this within less then a years time. Plus I'm pretty sure they'd market it a little before releasing it and you expected it next month…

The way that the SWTOR team has vastly oversold previous parts/changes of the game, it's hard for me to get excited. And I LOVE space sims.

My guess: multiplayer space missions! On rails...

*facepalm* He already said it is something completely different than what they have now. It is nothing like we have now. That means no rails. Read some more.