Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

FYI, 8 medals is the maximum that will affect your commendation count. Getting 12 will not get you more comms. Read the debuff on your bar when you hit 8 medals in a warzone.

ya i knew that and i still typed it...my bad. not so sure how the game counts extra Comms. but my point minus that statement still stands.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND YES YOU HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF HAVING A PREMADE ON YOUR TEAM AS YOU DO PLAYING AGAINST ONE...If you make your own premade you have 100% chance of being in a premade...but not 100% chance of winning

--------------------------

I see this line over and over again, so i guess premades dont get it. I dont want to play vs a premade and I dont want to play with 1 either (and yes, anytime I que up and get on a team with a premade I leave that grp). Choices being to get rolled or cheese the wz and win...or to be frustrated or bored. Why would I want to cheese my way to an effortless win, that's not any better than being rolled. Solo que ppl want a fair fight. That's all we ask for. Premades obviously dont want that, or theyd be in rated.

you see the line over and over...yet you cannot seem to wrap your head around the fact that premades mean NOTHING

A premade of noobs is a premade of noobs

ya i knew that and i still typed it...my bad. not so sure how the game counts extra Comms. but my point minus that statement still stands.

Last I heard, it depended on how close the game was and possibly length, but I don't honestly remember from previous dev posts.

lets say that we get split queues. when the premade only queue starts to slow down (which it will), players will start to queue "together" into the solo queue. with a small amount of effort and coordination, it is not difficult to funnel down your warzone invites until it is highly likely that you will get in with whoever you are coordinating with (this can actually be done with 2 4-man premades to get a full 8-man premade in non-ranked wzs).

so what happens when "premades" start invading the solo-only queues? the end result will be the same as we have now: groups of players will be together in warzones using voice communication and superior tactics to fight true pugs.

what do we do then?

:cool:

Played 2 matches today, 1 loss 1 win, both were blow outs and I logged(it was exactly what I was expecting). Class balance, stuns, and all the other stuff that could be better means nothing if the match isn't competitive. I do hope that this matchmaking system is implemented soon.

OK Mr. sky is falling, Why is it on my server (The Shadowlands PvE) that ques have not slowed once since server launch and I can get a pop 24/7? Should it have not slowed already? premades have been here since launch.

Take the gear gap reduction and enjoy yourself.

actually the ques have slowed....you just dont see it during normal play times yet. The ques start off popping 24/7 every 5 mins or so....then pop drops a bit and the ques pop a bit more slowly starting in the off hours (3 am server to 9 am round abouts) ...... then the off hours slot starts popping very rarely ( like it is now) every 30 mins to an hr or so.....then the ques dont pop at all during this timeslot and the que time jumps up a bit during normal playing hours (ie 15 mins or so per pop) then more and more....til they do a server combining and the whole process restarts. I guess the f2p did almost the same thing pop wise and maybe yet again theyll do it with a cross server que.....not sure where theyll go from there tho. They can only cover diminishing subs for so long (tho note if you unsub now, you get moved to a f2p sub and will prob be counted as an active sub whether you play or not).

Played 2 matches today, 1 loss 1 win, both were blow outs and I logged(it was exactly what I was expecting). Class balance, stuns, and all the other stuff that could be better means nothing if the match isn't competitive. I do hope that this matchmaking system is implemented soon.

Competitive non-ranked warzones? You do realize that sounds pretty hilarious?

I just dont get it that with over 50.000 views, 150 pages and 1500 posts, this thread has to be the hottest topic on the PvP forums. Why doesn't Bioware acknowledge it at least with their usual ******** (we are aware of the issue blah.blah,blah.....working on a fix.....blah,blah,blah......no ETA blah,blah, blah)

They can't ignore this thread forever. They will have to open another one eventually, when it reaches even more pages.

it really is discouraging if you go against a full warhero premade three times in a row. i'd say, leave premades for ranked and make queueing for normal wz available only for a single player, not party. i've definately learned something out of going against premades - that you need teamspeak to do well in wz. then again, if you throw a bunch of f2p players who just went p2p and have no clue what to do, they will soon realise, warzones are not for them as they are run by one or two guilds who simply put - are all over the place. don't get me wrong, i like having some difficulity in game, but going against premade on normal wz is just a waste of time.

Am i wrong or can premades only run in team of 4 not 8?

Personally i think you should only be able to go into pug wz solo and should team up for ranked but as its 4's and gives out practice then some you win some you lose, i just enjoy warzones no matter what.

Random pugs of solos is just so much more fun, 7 sorcs in your group lol or top dps only 85k or you end up with each player over 70 kills to like 1 death its totally random and fun, because life IS like a box of chocolates.

I just dont get it that with over 50.000 views, 150 pages and 1500 posts, this thread has to be the hottest topic on the PvP forums. Why doesn't Bioware acknowledge it at least with their usual ******** (we are aware of the issue blah.blah,blah.....working on a fix.....blah,blah,blah......no ETA blah,blah, blah)

They can't ignore this thread forever. They will have to open another one eventually, when it reaches even more pages.

=P they haven't commented on this thread, but in the link to the Q&A I provided earlier, they already stated they had no plans for a hard splitting of "Normal" from "Elite" players.

They instead said better matchmaking will be coming. That is our answer.

=P they haven't commented on this thread, but in the link to the Q&A I provided earlier, they already stated they had no plans for a hard splitting of "Normal" from "Elite" players.

They instead said better matchmaking will be coming. That is our answer.

Yeah I've read that and I'm looking forward to that but ranked warzones are already hard splitting normal players from elite ones. Besides with a whole alleged forum team, I'm pretty sure that they could take 2 seconds to belch something here (please refer to the Q&A livestream). I'm glad that players are finding relevant information, but we are not supposed to do their job for them. It's like some knucklehead decided to sweep the problem under the rugs and ordered everyone to ignore this thread. Here's hoping that it won't come back to bite them in the ***, which, knowing the history of BW it most likely will.

If they wanna go with match-making, fine, but then they have to ensure that PuGs are not weighed down by a myriad of other issues like the gear gap, bubble stun, crappy resolve and class imbalance. Also, I cannot stress enough that match-making has to be implemented soon enough to save what's left of the F2P players. A simple ETA could have gone a long way towards that (even if we all know there notoriety with upholing their deadlines.) There really has to a be MAJOR PvP revamp patch and VERY SOON. I know perfect balance is impossible but a reasonable balance should be possible to achieve. The sooner they do it, the more likely that casuals, F2P and preferred players will become active PvP'ers.

I have to throw my favorite PvP environment (GW1) out there again, because it was just so good and well-thought out. If they manage to turn warzones into something along the lines of Jade Quarry, Fort Aspenwood or Alliance Battles, I'll love it because those were objective-based pvp maps that balanced pugs and premades.

However, I still say that a random PuG vs PuG match can be immense fun. Even if you do match-making in the warzones, I would love to have some 4v4 death match arenas, something like Random and Team Arenas.

But at least I can take solace in the fact that they're doing something in the future. Let's just hope that it comes soon enough to be meaningful.

@Keeva:

Agreed on most (though not all) points.

Luckily 1.6 is suppose to remove the gear gap (WH as easy to get as BM, and EWH barely better.)

Hopefully we see other forms of pvp (Open World, New Warzones, and maybe even 4 vs 4 or 16 vs 16 massive battles.)

Class imbalance and crappy resolve are probably here to stay. They'll nerf one thing, buff another, change a mechanic and have an entirely new problem.

Whatever they do, hopefully it's soon or "in time." Though they have the real numbers on how many players they have left.

It's starting to get lat out silly on some days on Jedi Covenant. Same imp-premade just rolling everyone with almost everyone in the Rep teams just leaving the WZ right away making the round even worse.

Best solution you got if you're getting 'rolled ;)

Best solution you got if you're getting 'rolled ;)

No, it isn't.

Because then you'll never beat them = not a solution.

Giving up before a fight even starts ensures you'll never win.

Even if you're pretty sure you're going to lose that warzone, you can try something and see if it works if only for practice, or try and take out one of their players. If you're getting beaten badly it's over quick and you can requeue. The only lasting damage is to your ego and that's all down to you. Longer term, do something to improve your chances individually or as a group.

Very poor attitude.

actually the ques have slowed....you just dont see it during normal play times yet. The ques start off popping 24/7 every 5 mins or so....then pop drops a bit and the ques pop a bit more slowly starting in the off hours (3 am server to 9 am round abouts) ...... then the off hours slot starts popping very rarely ( like it is now) every 30 mins to an hr or so.....then the ques dont pop at all during this timeslot and the que time jumps up a bit during normal playing hours (ie 15 mins or so per pop) then more and more....til they do a server combining and the whole process restarts. I guess the f2p did almost the same thing pop wise and maybe yet again theyll do it with a cross server que.....not sure where theyll go from there tho. They can only cover diminishing subs for so long (tho note if you unsub now, you get moved to a f2p sub and will prob be counted as an active sub whether you play or not).

All I can say is I play at different times and never have a problem, nor am I worried.

So; last night I got in a couple of matches against a premade. One Hutball where it was almost comical as my team tried fighting the last person who scored in the pit repeatedly. Some even nice enough to do so while standing up in the endzone area for the leap. Others up top got leaped to, then pushed to the goalline then leaped to again. It was awesome in that some of it had to do with the other team; but a lot had to do with my team. I even got pushed to the goal once myself and leaped to as I ran across the fire trap on the right closest to mid.

It was a good lesson learned.

Then; I got a match where I saw 4 people with the same guild tag on my team in NC. I was thinking after the Hutt Ball match "Sweet! Time to be on the giving end." LMAO It wasn't even close. WE LOST BAD! In fact, I would say it was about as unorganized of any PUG I have ever been in.

Either way, I still came out with plenty of medals and comms. I really don't see what the big deal is. I would say, I walked away a little smarter and more efficient.

OMG OMG SAME SOLO Q GROUP OWNING US IN NON RANKED WZS BECAUSE THEY ALL Q AT THE SAME TIME... BIOWARE PLEASE DONT LET GOOD PLAYERS BE ON THE SAME TEAM.

Now you say to me "well if you think your so good then solo q" (me) Because you are a backpedaling keyboard turning noob and Id rather pick a spot for a good play instead of your worthlessness.......AND BECAUSE I HAVE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOONE SAID YOU CANT SOLO Q STOP SAYING YOU CANT GROUP...................SPLITTING QS HURTS Q TIMES FOR EVERYONE

So; last night I got in a couple of matches against a premade. One Hutball where it was almost comical as my team tried fighting the last person who scored in the pit repeatedly. Some even nice enough to do so while standing up in the endzone area for the leap. Others up top got leaped to, then pushed to the goalline then leaped to again. It was awesome in that some of it had to do with the other team; but a lot had to do with my team. I even got pushed to the goal once myself and leaped to as I ran across the fire trap on the right closest to mid.

It was a good lesson learned.

Then; I got a match where I saw 4 people with the same guild tag on my team in NC. I was thinking after the Hutt Ball match "Sweet! Time to be on the giving end." LMAO It wasn't even close. WE LOST BAD! In fact, I would say it was about as unorganized of any PUG I have ever been in.

Either way, I still came out with plenty of medals and comms. I really don't see what the big deal is. I would say, I walked away a little smarter and more efficient.

You Sir get it...........Let me shake your hand