Will your guild bring combat medics to operations post 1.2

Apparently you arent keeping an eye on the test server forum, well I am. So far it confirms everything us healers have been saying about the 1.2 patch for combat medic.

And NO you wont see me in this game ever if this patch goes live as written.

I never said I was good, I said my healing numbers were at the top in wz for combat medics.

I'll just ignore your insults, for now.

Test server forums posts (regarding combat medics) look like this:

People who actually tested it, said it's fine; but resource management is a bit harder.

People who haven't actually tested it, said the sky is falling.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one:

I was merely pointing out that if you are getting to 7% on Soa, which is always going to be P3, that healing is the least of your concerns and if you are wiping at that point a healer is certainly not the weak link.

Your DPS is slow or your tank is not positioning properly, or both. And if your tank did get mind trapped, which I have only seen happen once in three months of running EV, well that has nothing to do with anything class related and the weak link thing is still invalid.

And we'll still be bringing our trooper healers with us on raids. And our sages. And our smugglers. And everyone else on our team who plays well and learns to play their class through the changes.

It has happened quite a few times that the tank gets mind trapped in s3. The last time we had the ot taunt him, but he got 1 shot immediatly cause he was dps geared and specced and I couldnt keep him up. I was almost able to get him under the pyramid but it dropped on me :p 30k damage.

Test server forums posts (regarding combat medics) look like this:

People who actually tested it, said it's fine; but resource management is a bit harder.

People who haven't actually tested it, said the sky is falling.

Your jedi mind tricks wont work on me.

I have read the combat medic testing thread, have you? I realize there is still more testing to be done, but it looks real bad.

I'm concerned about BH healing, and the threads I have been reading all have people who are testing say that the nerf to skills is a bit rough to overcome because it changes the playstyle.

Playstyle is changing because now instead of partly relying on alacrity, we now more heavily rely on Crit and Surge (which I already do, honestly, alacrity seemed stupid given how our resource worked). Because of this the speed at which we heal will decrease but our heals will be bigger, therefore keeping our HPS roughly similar.

Yes the nerf will suck, but only until you learn to adapt. If this broke (I mean really broke it, not just doomsayer "the sky is falling" BS) it wouldn't make it to live. Yes I know some weird stuff makes it in, but I've never seen anything hit live that turned a class completely useless....nerfed yes, but not useless.

Edited by Paralassa
content

I'm concerned about BH healing, and the threads I have been reading all have people who are testing say that the nerf to skills is a bit rough to overcome because it changes the playstyle.

Playstyle is changing because now instead of partly relying on alacrity, we now more heavily rely on Crit and Surge (which I already do, honestly, alacrity seemed stupid given how our resource worked). Because of this the speed at which we heal will decrease but our heals will be bigger, therefore keeping our HPS roughly similar.

Yes the nerf will suck, but only until you learn to adapt. If this broke (I mean really broke it, not just doomsayer "the sky is falling" BS) it wouldn't make it to live. Yes I know some weird stuff makes it in, but I've never seen anything hit live that turned a class completely useless....nerfed yes, but not useless.

The BH thread says even worse than the combat medic thread. They are saying its a 40% nerf to thier healing.

I guess you dont remember or didnt play a paladin healer in wow. After they nerfed thier healing, they were useless for 2 YEARS>! And yes, the sky did fall onto paladin healers.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

Yall are theorycrafting the conversation, and making assumptions. For the full context of what actually happened, you had to be there..

But i'll go into more detail. It went something like this.

GL: Everyone go see the new awesome 1.2 patch notes, I'm so happy!

Me: **** the lame*** patch notes, yall are dreaming if you think thats gonna happen in march.

Me: Go see Havoc Squad burn in flames in 1.2!

GL: Dude calm down its not that bad

Me: @!$#@@^$%$@!@%

GL: Why dont you play a different character?

Why would I gimp my guilds progression even asking for an ops spot? I wouldnt.

STOP THE MADDNESS

My guild as it may be called, plays to have fun, yes winning is fun, but not at the expense of one of my members...freinds.

My guild may not be ranked and feared and chased around as highly deadly, but we have fun, pve, pvp, and whatever comes next.

You need to relax and play a toon YOU like, FOR YOU, not just your guild, C'mon here bro:eek:

Edited by Rotton

Why are you asking questions you already know the answer for? To bump my sig? TY

Oh yah its a lawyer tactic, LOL, so they can twist the answers to thier agenda.

Yano I love sparring with you, lets do more. Maybe you can win one.

Im sure if you pick pick pick at it, you can find something to try and humiliate me with thats more substantial.

"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit." Johnnie Cochran

I just think you are being disingenuous.

I can't say that I'm terribly happy with some of the commando changes in general, especially how we are not getting a battlerez or rescue mechanic to equalize us out with Sages but I'm not plastering it in my sig and "claiming" I'm unsubbing over it.

I just think you are being disingenuous.

I can't say that I'm terribly happy with some of the commando changes in general, especially how we are not getting a battlerez or rescue mechanic to equalize us out with Sages but I'm not plastering it in my sig and "claiming" I'm unsubbing over it.

Whateva dude, Ive already unsubbed, and Im not coming back if this crap flies on live.

I got some lame survey asking why I left swtor with multiple choice answers to the reason why.

I answered the first 2 questions but there is nowhere to choose I am leaving because of the 1.2 patch notes so I said screw it and am done with thier lame survey too.

You shure do make a lot of assumptions that are wrong, your posts are full of it.

Edited by Dast

Whateva dude, Ive already unsubbed, and Im not coming back if this crap flies on live.

I got some lame survey asking why I left swtor with multiple choice answers to the reason why.

I answered the first 2 questions but there is nowhere to choose I am leaving because of the 1.2 patch notes so I said screw it and am done with thier lame survey too.

You shure do make a lot of assumptions that are wrong, your posts are full of it.

Do you not realize that you are just coming off as a Chicken Little running around flapping his wings while yelling, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"?

It's totally your choice to decide to not continue paying for the game due to changes, but I think it's a harsh to make a big stink about it on the forums in a dramatic fashion when the changes are not even pushed to the live version of the game yet.

To each their own, I suppose.

Do you not realize that you are just coming off as a Chicken Little running around flapping his wings while yelling, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"?

It's totally your choice to decide to not continue paying for the game due to changes, but I think it's a harsh to make a big stink about it on the forums in a dramatic fashion when the changes are not even pushed to the live version of the game yet.

To each their own, I suppose.

Yano by now, I dont give a rats tail what you think. Most everything you've posted has been wrong.

Edited by Dast

Dude, your attitude in every thread I've seen you in is just awful.

WE GET IT, you don't like the doomsayers. Stop acting like an a** in every single thread. It gets old quick.

Maybe he is just jaded from reading irrational posts from people like yourself. The sky is falling chit chat gets older much more quickly than a pacifists fence sitting.

Oh and he has a point ....

Any good Raid Leader/Op Leader knows what classes bring what and what those classes strengths are, every healer is viable in some way or another.

If your Raid Leader/Op Leader is unaware of those strengths that Mercs/Commandos/Scoundrels bring then I'm sorry he is a poor leader.

If you plan to lead a raid in any MMO then you basically have to know how each class and spec works to be overall effective in a top end "Min/Max" guild or even just a "Hardcore" guild.

With that said...

Yes, we will bring Combat Medics along with Sawbones and Seers to our raids because we know what each of those 3 healer types bring to our Ops.

On a side note I'm going to add this little comment made by Georg Zoeller which can be found on the Dev Tracker.

"Games are not balanced on paper and actual gameplay impact of changes is not easily determined from patch notes, especially when so much of the surrounding game logic has been modified.

It is impossible to capture every element of change in patch notes, and it's even more impossible to prevent people from reacting to patch notes without taking the time to actually test.

We will be monitoring the game data coming from PTS, as well as guild feedback and constructive feedback based on gameplay on PTS and make adjustments and changes for the PTS period of the patch and beyond where necessary."

You understand what he is getting at with that? The jist of it means test the changes before you cry foul and rage quit over you only reading patch note changes.

Edited by Quikfox