PvP fraction balance

mtanios

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a noob, this being my first MMO. I am fairly casual and have played both rep and imp, and am yet to get a character to 50 (have a 45 sorc on advice it was an easy class to pvp with as a noob).

I mostly PUG - my only gaming friends play WOW, sigh - and I have a few noobie observations.

1. I am trying to learn to be a better pvper - hot keying, mouse turning, etc. I have warzone objectives all down pat, and try different strategies, but sometimes opponents and allies are much better than me. They deal with this in one of two ways - offer advice and support or sook up like a 5 year old who is about to lose at marbles.

2. There is a huge variety of skill levels out there and in PUGs you can be lucky or unlucky in who you are grouped with and who you face. Even in PUGs on imp side I om the winning side with enough regularity to make it fun.

3. ITS A GAME DUDES. Enjoy it, give people time to learn how to get better. If it is growing there will always be people learning and different skill levels, on you team and on your opponents. Give them support (if they're your teammate), not abuse. Encourage them to play more pvp to get better, not less. And if they are on the other team, kill them and win and teach them that way.

By the way, I agree that there is more negativity on the imp side, but there is too much of it on both.

We're all noobs at everything at the start.

Yes Hi'de is so special, he must get carried in NWZ :)

On topic, I dont have any problem in warzones, usually winning 90%. But i think the pugs on the imperial side is generally worse than on the rep side. Roll with some friends in a premade, and youll be winning a lot more.

hey !

Not my fault that youre crying for a pocket healer!

That about sums up the last weeks of pvp.

Been almost no effort winning from imps, unless you encounter those rare premades of White Noise,m then you get a challenge

I got into one of these last nite, for the first time ever; we tripple capped on novare, won in leik 5 mins!! was uberpro, whasp carried us all !

It's hit and miss really. If I start my weekly on all my lv50 characters (three reps) on Tuesday by doing the daily everyday (and no more), I rarely have to do extra warzones on Monday to get the Weeklies done. I both soloqueue and queue with guildies, but that really doesn't affect the outcome. Sometimes you lose ten matches in a row and sometimes you win them. A bad pug will rarely win without communication, and a good pug can easily win without even one word exchanged in the ops chat during the match (a 6-1 Huttball yesterday, not a single word yet good reactions and movement from everyone). Strive for objectives, learn your class (not L2P, mind you :rak_03:) and learn other classes so you know how to counter them.

I play Rep and i agree... Reps win most games, and the White Noise premades aren't that hard lol:confused: I don't often lose to them IF i queue in a premade, but with pugs it's a different story usually. Queue with friends/guildies, it helps a lot.

And Yoyel... Wat is u doin?

It just depends what kind of premading each of us is going with and the 4 pugs we get :)

You won't win if Thedoc, Whasp, Brill and me que for example ;)

Que solo and you will struggle, que 4 man premade and you at least do better.

Im rarely playing normals any more, but i think i have lost 1 game last week when doing full 4 man guild premade, and that was to Harbinger in Civil, and it was the most fun normal wz I have played in a long long time. All in all we get interesting wz like every 1/10 games when we are fortunate enough to find a Coral, Ad Vic, Harbinger or MVP premade. Pretty sure everybody playing with any of the current active PvP rated guilds feel this way in normals, and its not really so wierd is it? :)

Nobody here knows the statistics from wz, and though it would sure be fun to see the actual win/lose ratio thats not likely to happen. Lets just agree that there's horrible and good players on both sides and you always wish to meet the later if you actually enjoy PvP.

And Helle, have I/white Noise offended you in some way? Not that i dont get a little flattered by being mentioned in random threads but Im not quite sure what you are trying to say with your posts?

/Whasp

Edited by ZipZep

And Helle, have I/white Noise offended you in some way? Not that i dont get a little flattered by being mentioned in random threads but Im not quite sure what you are trying to say with your posts?

/Whasp

Nah mate, no offense at all, nor do I mean any towards White Noise either. Just thought it was funny that this guy said that you can only win if you happen to end up with a premade from you guys. Like there is no other pvp guilds on imp side. If anything i was beeing sarcastic towards him.

playing low bracket PvP to get warrior buff ;)

Shouldn't take long with matches like yesterday's Civil War ahead. : D First time ever going through a warzone with nothing but defensive points (and offensive for the initial cap), and that comes after 10 months of active warzoning. :p

would love if bioware put in some deserter penalty soon (like it is on groupfinder - hopefully longer than 15 mins to keep the scum away from wz) - maybe it atleast would help the mass leaving within 30 seconds of the wz (if not 2 caps in CW / NC - or not score first goal in hutball / or even see republics in voidstar... ) - its hilarious, and its usually not the 'good' players that leave... but it really screws the warzone for those who stay - and ofcourse people like me who often soloque... and probably get into "failgames" 60-70% of the games I join... of course its possible to fix this to just team up join as team, but ye... its a really bad habit by people...

IMP pvp players should man up and start playing instead of just trying to "hit n ruN" easy wins...:rak_01:

Edited by Stefftastiq

would love if bioware put in some deserter penalty soon (like it is on groupfinder - hopefully longer than 15 mins to keep the scum away from wz) - maybe it atleast would help the mass leaving within 30 seconds of the wz (if not 2 caps in CW / NC - or not score first goal in hutball / or even see republics in voidstar... ) - its hilarious, and its usually not the 'good' players that leave... but it really screws the warzone for those who stay - and ofcourse people like me who often soloque... and probably get into "failgames" 60-70% of the games I join... of course its possible to fix this to just team up join as team, but ye... its a really bad habit by people...

IMP pvp players should man up and start playing instead of just trying to "hit n ruN" easy wins...:rak_01:

Was about to take your post serious, then I saw where you came from.

The perception of one side being dominant over the other in Warzones in my opinion is a myth. In pug Warzones I can safely say that I lost more often than I won as a Republic player (although not proudly).

There are a lot of fine imperial pvp'ers. Don't lose hope and find yourself a group of friends or guildmates to group up with, you will find it a much better success.

I just LOVE kicking arrogant Coral and Ad Victoriam arses in their pvp premades. And when they nurf cc, and they will or at least will bring back resolve the way it were, i would love to kick them even more.

Greets from FBI - Force of Brutal idiots.

I just LOVE kicking arrogant Coral and Ad Victoriam arses in their pvp premades. And when they nurf cc, and they will or at least will bring back resolve the way it were, i would love to kick them even more.

Lol

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

why are we arrogant exactly?! :S