Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

To get to a level you are describing takes time. Time that many of us employed folks don't have. maybe if BW offered pvp mods on the cartel market it would lend to help balance the playing field. But then again I am sure some of you would balk at this because your only accomplishments are through the 8-10 hours a day you spend playing this game and you don't want to give up this singular sense of self worth.

Again this is a game and there is no reason why everyone cannot enjoy being on a winning pug at least 40% of the time. If you think people are going to continue paying to play a game where they are always on the losing side then you are mistaken and in the end you will have either a very low population to play with or no game at all.

P.S. perhapse part of the solution would be to add x-server wz's and form ques in the same fashion as FP are where a set number of each class fill required criteria for a wz to start. This would be particularly useful in the new arena wz's.

What a load

You want to win then learn how to

Never before has it been so easy to gear up you can use the excuse of employment or w/e

If you want to succeed at the game you need to spend some amount of time and use it efficiently

I run a business doing 60hrs a week on average have a family and live a fairly balanced life

With all that I can manage to have 3 toons in almost full Oberon

You People want to win without any effort at all

You have cheap gear with minimal sat difference between the two tiers

Bolster to cover any short comings in gearing

If you can't make it work for you time to find something else.

we need to weed out this Toxic attitude that you deserve to win without any effort..

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get to a level you are describing takes time. Time that many of us employed folks don't have. maybe if BW offered pvp mods on the cartel market it would lend to help balance the playing field. But then again I am sure some of you would balk at this because your only accomplishments are through the 8-10 hours a day you spend playing this game and you don't want to give up this singular sense of self worth.

Again this is a game and there is no reason why everyone cannot enjoy being on a winning pug at least 40% of the time. If you think people are going to continue paying to play a game where they are always on the losing side then you are mistaken and in the end you will have either a very low population to play with or no game at all.

P.S. perhapse part of the solution would be to add x-server wz's and form ques in the same fashion as FP are where a set number of each class fill required criteria for a wz to start. This would be particularly useful in the new arena wz's.

im full min maxed oberon on one toon 7/14on another have every rep class to 55 work full time and have a wife and kids with sports and stuff to attend using the excuse I work I don't have time is rubbish if I can do it so can you im nothing special

What a joke. I'm unemployed because I'm underage, but I only spend (usually less than) half the time you mentioned playing this game in total, and some of that is pve dailies for money.

I thought about responding to your post but after reading this I have no will to educate some kid. I do it enough at work... and I get paid for it. :)

As for the rest of you aguing against my little idea, shame on you. As I said there will be some of you who will balk at this because your singular accomplishment is in a game. Sadly, for the most part, it looks like I am right.

For this reason I hope BW does incorporate this idea. It will force some of you to realize there is more to life than just a game. It will also generate more revenue for BW so maybe they can fix their engine and introduce a better concept for pvp... like open world pvp or rvr.

maybe if BW offered pvp mods on the cartel market it would lend to help balance the playing field. But then again I am sure some of you would balk at this because your only accomplishments are through the 8-10 hours a day you spend playing this game and you don't want to give up this singular sense of self worth.

This is blatant pay to win.

Honestly I wonder sometimes. I que solo frequently and I NEVER seem to have losing streaks that last more than a few matches at most, maybe 3 tops.

I think we all want x server ques, that's not exactly news. It doesn't appear they are coming any time soon however.

Waiting for a set number of certain types of class/characters would make ques take forever though. Too many sorcs? Enjoy waiting for the next PT or Assassin to decide to que.

You do realize that this thread is tiny compared to the biggest threads ever on this forum, right? The same sex romance thread had to get restarted about 2-3 times from hitting the post limit. .

I just did some checking and in fact "Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones" is the largest singular post. I have no way to reference your claim of a post being restarted all I see is what is there. So this is not a tiny post at all, far from it.

I think its a shame that those balking at the idea of making wz's fair will resort to spreading missinformation to try and water down the topic. I guess they are feeling the pains of guilt and through it the despration that comes with the writing being on the wall. BW will do something about this, of that I am certain. What they do we can only wait and see.

Edited by Marrius

This is blatant pay to win..

No arguement here. I hope they do it.

Honestly I wonder sometimes. I que solo frequently and I NEVER seem to have losing streaks that last more than a few matches at most, maybe 3 tops..

Well seeing as no one person can win a wz on their own, I'd say you've been damn lucky.

I think we all want x server ques, that's not exactly news. It doesn't appear they are coming any time soon however.

Waiting for a set number of certain types of class/characters would make ques take forever though. Too many sorcs? Enjoy waiting for the next PT or Assassin to decide to que.

That is not how FP ques are set up. DPS, Tank, Healer... this is all the wz's need to focus on.. making sure there is at least one healer out of every 4 people would be a good way to do it.

On that note I would like to see BW get rid of the daily terminals and allow us to just select it from our GUI. This will allow us to play the rest of the game while waiting for the wz to start.

Apac server consolidation was the largest ongoing thread

You are wrong I just checked it had just over 5k posts this one has over 6k.

So lets cut the crap. The community obviously wants something done about pugstomping. The minority are the bullies and if BW does something and you bullies leave the game.. well we all win then... good riddance.

No arguement here. I hope they do it.

And I among many don't for a variety of reasons. Namely I already sub to this game, I don't want to roll out more money to keep up with the impatient/easy roaders who don't want to actually obtain an item the right (at least in my opinion) way.

Well seeing as no one person can win a wz on their own, I'd say you've been damn lucky.

Fair enough. No arguement. But I still don't see the premade posses rolling through farming. Even if I did I wouldn't care. Playing a coordinated team is more fun than a curbstomp, loss or no.

That is not how FP ques are set up. DPS, Tank, Healer... this is all the wz's need to focus on.. making sure there is at least one healer out of every 4 people would be a good way to do it.

On that note I would like to see BW get rid of the daily terminals and allow us to just select it from our GUI. This will allow us to play the rest of the game while waiting for the wz to start.

My mistake, misunderstood.

Brings up a new problem though. FP ques already take a long time for DPS, and that's what most people play as because lets face it, we like seeing big numbers and killing things. The DPS outnumber the healers by a decent amount usually so que times would still get longer.

And I among many don't for a variety of reasons. Namely I already sub to this game, I don't want to roll out more money to keep up with the impatient/easy roaders who don't want to actually obtain an item the right (at least in my opinion) way..

I hear you on this and no I don't like the idea of paying more money to keep up with people that have much more time to play than me. But it comes down to value... I value the SW genre and seeing as there is no alternative (for now) I would be willing to pay to gear my toon in full min/max so I am not thrown around a wz by some over-geared, under-talented bozo.

Fair enough. No arguement. But I still don't see the premade posses rolling through farming. Even if I did I wouldn't care. Playing a coordinated team is more fun than a curbstomp, loss or no..

I am on Jung Ma and there are at least two guilds that frequently pugstomp. So much so that when they log on many people just quit the wz. (not me though I'll take the 1 point for my daily at least)

My mistake, misunderstood.

Brings up a new problem though. FP ques already take a long time for DPS, and that's what most people play as because lets face it, we like seeing big numbers and killing things. The DPS outnumber the healers by a decent amount usually so que times would still get longer.

But just imagine if they did this WITH x-server wz's! Oh beautiful day!!!!! :)

Just make all PvP ranked and queue based off skill. And only 2 queues. Groups and solo.

If people are afraid to have their lack of accomplishment made public then make the ranks only show on the backend and the "ranked" queue is for public rankings. But whether you play normal or ranked the system always tracks your stats and groups you with players in the same class.

If the player pool is large and the players play many games the inconsistencies of "I got stuck on a crap team" will balance out with the times you got put on a good team. And if defeat seems to keep following you everywhere you may have to come to terms with the losing factor in each match existed between your keyboard and chair.

Just make all PvP ranked and queue based off skill. And only 2 queues. Groups and solo.

If people are afraid to have their lack of accomplishment made public then make the ranks only show on the backend and the "ranked" queue is for public rankings. But whether you play normal or ranked the system always tracks your stats and groups you with players in the same class.

If the player pool is large and the players play many games the inconsistencies of "I got stuck on a crap team" will balance out with the times you got put on a good team. And if defeat seems to keep following you everywhere you may have to come to terms with the losing factor in each match existed between your keyboard and chair.

I agree with most of what you said. But blaming a team loss on one person is akin to crediting a team win to one player. It is not accurate. Yes there are losing teams and winning teams this is the nature of a team. The problem is (and purpose of this thread) that pugstomping is hurting WZ's because people don't like getting beat like a red headed step child. Losing is fine but getting a beating is demoralizing and if it happens too many times then people look for other ways to have fun (hense wz are losing players).

Edited by Marrius

Passive agression is also a form of bullying as you are trying to take advantage of someone's weakness,

As far as this just being a game... so is american football, just ask Richie Incognito. And as for the game being a computer game, there has been enough internet bullying that it is now illegal in most states.

The fact is I have had to deal with people like you (maybe not as bad) in this game and some of them have taken it far enough to warrant an account suspension from BW. What I am saying here is, bullying is a slippery slope so be careful how you approach people with your overbearing ways because your ego is a terrible way to try and govern you poor behaviour.

That being said. I will reitterate with a querstion... Why is playing on an even playing field such a bad thing?

Because when all is said and done, player skill comes into the equation, you will never ever have an even playing field no matter how hard you try and adjust the variables. **** players either improve or blame external factors and don't, restricting the game modes, further fragmenting the queues I just will never support it, since the game actively encourages grouping in warzones and occasionally I enjoy it with a few guild members - most of the time I'm solo. Sorry that's just how I like the game, that you don't is entirely up to you and your entitled to feel that way and whine about people like me, accuse me of passive aggressive bullying etc. Wont stop me enjoying the game, levelling toons and killing people that are having a hard time.

It's a computer game, I'm allowed to have fun and someone has to lose, everyone loses- but if you find yourself losing all the time I think the game is trying to tell you something personally. Get better at it.

Edited by PloGreen

Ya, so he posted in not 1, but at least 10 different threads on the same topic, flooding the first page of the forum with the same topic. Not only is bumping dead threads with no constructive information against the rules of the forum, but covers up the other topics that other players feel are important. Had he posted in a thread with that topic or created a new thread with that topic I wouldn't complain. Deliberately posting "No information, GG Devs" in various ways in multiple threads is spamming the forum.

You do realize that this thread is tiny compared to the biggest threads ever on this forum, right? The same sex romance thread had to get restarted about 2-3 times from hitting the post limit. The vast majority of this thread is an argument between matchmaking or solo queue. They went with solo queue as most of the anti-premade proponents wanted and there are still complaints.

Perhaps it's hard to understand, but if I can queue solo in reg queue and keep up with them in a full PUG, everyone else can as well. If you are not capable of doing so, it is not the fault of the other team being good, it is your choice to not work harder and/or play more casually. Feel free to petition BW for matchmaking in reg queue as I have advocated all along and maybe you'll get matched up against competition equal to your skill level.

TL;DR People arguing the same thing you did wanted solo queue, they got it, now they're still mad. Should have added matchmaking to all queues.

Bingo.

I thought about responding to your post but after reading this I have no will to educate some kid. I do it enough at work... and I get paid for it. :)

As for the rest of you aguing against my little idea, shame on you. As I said there will be some of you who will balk at this because your singular accomplishment is in a game. Sadly, for the most part, it looks like I am right.

For this reason I hope BW does incorporate this idea. It will force some of you to realize there is more to life than just a game. It will also generate more revenue for BW so maybe they can fix their engine and introduce a better concept for pvp... like open world pvp or rvr.

You did respond, and you patronized him for being younger than you.

Ive read through all of your posts in this thread, you use time as an excuse as to why you aren't doing well, when gearing up in conquerer is actually very fast and easy to prepare for. You use gear as an excuse when bolster was added to the game to counter this issue. Premades is the other excuse, its teams of 4 constantly causing you to lose and make the game not fun. You also advocate pay to win. What i see here is someone who is not prepared to learn to play the game and wants an easy solution when it already is really easy to gear and compete against groups or if you join solo.

The problem is simply you are not very good at the game, and want to punish everyone else that is by fragmenting the queues even more and making everyone wait even longer to play the game - congrats your precious time just got even more precious.

I work 48 hours a week on average, sometimes more on overtime, have several hobbies and dip into this game when i feel like and its never been easier to compete or gear a toon in this game. You are just making excuses and when people have a different opinion to you, you accuse them of being bullies, you patronize the young, or you just look down your nose at other players like you are superior in real life but the reality is to other players like myself (who are just playing the game as it was designed) you just come across as extremely jealous and bitter that someone can beat you in a computer game. No amount of changes bioware can make will ever actually improve you in this game if you are not even prepared to learn to play it and would rather buy gear because you think that will actually make you better. The amusing part is you are lecturing people that there is more to life than a game but you are throwing hissy fits on a forum because its not the way you want it.

Gear is not even that much of a factor anymore because of bolster. If you actually read up on these things, and used your own mind to educate yourself rather than trying to force others to suit your lifestyle you might actually realise this. There are a plethora of guides on the internet if you bother to take the time to read them instead of complaining about everyone else.

A lot of us work full time and have families, we just know how to manage our time and still enjoy the game. How you fail to use your time is none of my concern, but splitting the queues and begging for pay to win is a concern to me. Both of those will hurt pvp in this game and therefore i will not support either.

Better matchmaking and cross server queues, you have my full support - everything else no way.

Because when all is said and done, player skill comes into the equation, you will never ever have an even playing field no matter how hard you try and adjust the variables. **** players either improve or blame external factors and don't, restricting the game modes, further fragmenting the queues I just will never support it, since the game actively encourages grouping in warzones and occasionally I enjoy it with a few guild members - most of the time I'm solo. Sorry that's just how I like the game, that you don't is entirely up to you and your entitled to feel that way and whine about people like me, accuse me of passive aggressive bullying etc. Wont stop me enjoying the game, levelling toons and killing people that are having a hard time.

It's a computer game, I'm allowed to have fun and someone has to lose, everyone loses- but if you find yourself losing all the time I think the game is trying to tell you something personally. Get better at it.

Personal skill IS the even playing field and no matter how you chose to dress it up you are a bully. Accusing me of whining, really? Are you that simple? If anyone needs getting at something it is you and the thing you need to get at is being just a tad more thoughful of others.

You did respond, and you patronized him for being younger than you. .

Actually if you took the time to read rather than just looking for ways to attack me (I.E. bullying) you would have seen that I chose not to 'educate' him. Responding is entirely different.

Ive read through all of your posts in this thread, you use time as an excuse as to why you aren't doing well, when gearing up in conquerer is actually very fast and easy to prepare for. You use gear as an excuse when bolster was added to the game to counter this issue. Premades is the other excuse, its teams of 4 constantly causing you to lose and make the game not fun. You also advocate pay to win. What i see here is someone who is not prepared to learn to play the game and wants an easy solution when it already is really easy to gear and compete against groups or if you join solo. .

And again you are wrong. I have all but one peice of min/max gear on one of my toons and just started to collect on a second. I am consistently in the top 5 win or lose so try not to make assumptions ok?

The problem is simply you are not very good at the game, and want to punish everyone else that is by fragmenting the queues even more and making everyone wait even longer to play the game - congrats your precious time just got even more precious..

Congrats you have assumed yet again. Why make such delusional statments? Are you trying to fish for something you want to pick on? Time to put your big boy pants on and debate the topic like a grown up.

I work 48 hours a week on average, sometimes more on overtime, have several hobbies and dip into this game when i feel like and its never been easier to compete or gear a toon in this game. You are just making excuses and when people have a different opinion to you, you accuse them of being bullies, you patronize the young, or you just look down your nose at other players like you are superior in real life but the reality is to other players like myself (who are just playing the game as it was designed) you just come across as extremely jealous and bitter that someone can beat you in a computer game. No amount of changes bioware can make will ever actually improve you in this game if you are not even prepared to learn to play it and would rather buy gear because you think that will actually make you better. The amusing part is you are lecturing people that there is more to life than a game but you are throwing hissy fits on a forum because its not the way you want it. ..

more of the same ...yawn.

Gear is not even that much of a factor anymore because of bolster. If you actually read up on these things, and used your own mind to educate yourself rather than trying to force others to suit your lifestyle you might actually realise this. There are a plethora of guides on the internet if you bother to take the time to read them instead of complaining about everyone else..

OMG this is beyond laughable, are you really hearing this jibberish in your head before you write it down or is it some form of mental/text fecal matter. Listen before you make a conclusion on something, know the facts. if you were a bit more educated you might have learned that.... in middle school.

A lot of us work full time and have families, we just know how to manage our time and still enjoy the game. How you fail to use your time is none of my concern, but splitting the queues and begging for pay to win is a concern to me. Both of those will hurt pvp in this game and therefore i will not support either..

Not sure what you are referring to when you say splitting the ques. If by setting up at least one healer per 4 player is what you mean. thats what I would call matchmaking. It seems we have a slight difference of opinion on a few things though lol.

Better matchmaking and cross server queues, you have my full support - everything else no way.

well amen! at least we agree on one thing.

Edited by Marrius

Actually if you took the time to read rather than just looking for ways to attack me (I.E. bullying) you would have seen that I chose not to 'educate' him. Responding is entirely different.

And again you are wrong. I have all but one peice of min/max gear on one of my toons and just started to collect on a second. I am consistently in the top 5 win or lose so try not to make assumptions ok?

Congrats you have assumed yet again. Why make such delusional statments? Are you trying to fish for something you want to pick on? Time to put your big boy pants on and debate the topic like a grown up.

more of the same ...yawn.

OMG this is beyond laughable, are you really hearing this jibberish in your head before you write it down or is it some form of mental/text fecal matter. Listen before you make a conclusion on something, know the facts. if you were a bit more educated you might have learned that.... in middle school.

Not sure what you are referring to when you say splitting the ques. If by setting up at least one healer per 4 player is what you mean. thats what I would call matchmaking. It seems we have a slight difference of opinion on a few things though lol.

well amen! at least we agree on one thing.

Your response speaks volumes. I just call it as i see it. You are bully yourself.

If you are all but geared and consistently in the top 5 why are you complaining you have no time because of work etc?

Try and be consistent at least. Otherwise you look like a prat.

Edited by PloGreen

Personal skill IS the even playing field and no matter how you chose to dress it up you are a bully. Accusing me of whining, really? Are you that simple? If anyone needs getting at something it is you and the thing you need to get at is being just a tad more thoughful of others.

You are whining an awful lot.

Ditto, be thoughtful of others yourself, instead of insulting and patronizing them.

Your response speaks volumes. I just call it as i see it. You are bully yourself..

1- its evident you saw it wrong but are unwilling to admit it and apologise (not that I will lose any sleep over it)

2-Standing up to a bully is not bullying it is calling out the coward for what he is.

If you are all but geared and consistently in the top 5 why are you complaining you have no time because of work etc?

Try and be consistent at least. Otherwise you look like a prat.

I am not suprised you have this opinion. Your opinions belay your selfish persuit of game enjoyment no matter the cost of other's enjoyment.

I continue this thread because I do not want to see the wz population dwindle further. I see pugstomping as the main problem for people not queing or rage quitting wz's. If we all played on that even playing field (skill) Then these problems would not exist.

Nice try in slandering me though. I'm just not biting your troll.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Marrius

1- its evident you saw it wrong but are unwilling to admit it and apologise (not that I will lose any sleep over it)

2-Standing up to a bully is not bullying it is calling out the coward for what he is.

I am not suprised you have this opinion. Your opinions belay your selfish persuit of game enjoyment no matter the cost of other's enjoyment.

I continue this thread because I do not want to see the wz population dwindle further. I see pugstomping as the main problem for people not queing or rage quitting wz's. If we all played on that even playing field (skill) Then these problems would not exist.

Nice try in slandering me though. I'm just not biting your troll.

Have a nice day.

Priceless. :D

Standing up to a bully? Oh please, you just call anyone a bully who does not share the same opinion as yourself with regards to this terrible premade "issue" thats destroying the game (in your opinion). You completely contradict yourself throughout this thread, and when someone disagrees you resort to petty insults or throw in the "some of us have real life work/responsibilities" argument that was quickly shot down by other people with real life work and responsibilities (including a younger player who you dismissed with some patronizing remark about not bothering to educate kids).

Hypocrite much? Yes I think so.

Slander is not slander if its true. Not going to bother arguing with you any further simply because you just repeat the same bollocks over and over like you are some white knight fighting for justice for all.

Have a nice day and keep pleading for pay to gear, after all that is thinking about everyone right? Not just people with more dollars. :rolleyes:

Edited by PloGreen

I see pugstomping as the main problem for people not queing or rage quitting wz's.

This is my opinion as well.

Hilarious are those QQ threads about "no one listing for Ranked" when those who actively whine & QQ about that had been very, very active & effective in farming & "pugstompping" before.

Measuuring with two measures, actually.

1. Denying that a thing like "pugstomping" actually exists.

2. Heavy QQ and whining over the results of that.

People want their fun, but they are seemingly only able to think and project into the future when inside of battlefields; outside they continue to pursue their short-term goals.

This is my opinion as well.

Hilarious are those QQ threads about "no one listing for Ranked" when those who actively whine & QQ about that had been very, very active & effective in farming & "pugstompping" before.

Measuuring with two measures, actually.

1. Denying that a thing like "pugstomping" actually exists.

2. Heavy QQ and whining over the results of that.

People want their fun, but they are seemingly only able to think and project into the future when inside of battlefields; outside they continue to pursue their short-term goals.

Are you also denying that bad players use premades as an excuse for losing? Because that's how it appears to me in most cases. People like yourself ask for the game to be more fair? How exactly is it unfair to play the game with same tools and options as anyone else?

Because some people are better at the game? Because they choose to group with others and you don't? When you can do exactly the same thing as they do? I don't see how that is unfair - what it comes down to is how you approach the game - solo or group, I play both and I simply don't see a huge influx of premades destroying the game. I just see good players and bad ones. Far more bad than good.

So we will never agree,

Are you also denying that bad players use premades as an excuse for losing? Because that's how it appears to me in most cases. People like yourself ask for the game to be more fair? How exactly is it unfair to play the game with same tools and options as anyone else?

Because some people are better at the game? Because they choose to group with others and you don't? When you can do exactly the same thing as they do? I don't see how that is unfair - what it comes down to is how you approach the game - solo or group, I play both and I simply don't see a huge influx of premades destroying the game. I just see good players and bad ones. Far more bad than good.

So we will never agree,

So why do you still peruse the option and seemingly need to face and play with 'Bads'? Why don't you heavily work towards a 'Good' player queue only?

Oh Yes you got that already - It's called Ranked - Why don't the Good players Stay there?

And yes 'Good' players scream unfair all the time - but then it is masked and called Class in-balance . wrong game mechanics.

Now give us a good, solid answer to why the 'good' players don't stay in ranked?

Edited by t-darko

So why do you still peruse the option and seemingly need to face and play with 'Bads'? Why don't you heavily work towards a 'Good' player queue only?

Oh Yes you got that already - It's called Ranked - Why don't the Good players Stay there?

And yes 'Good' players scream unfair all the time - but then it is masked and called Class in-balance . wrong game mechanics.

Now give us a good, solid answer to why the 'good' players don't stay in ranked?

Round and round we go. What ranked are we talking about? Since it got removed from the game i take it you mean arena? In which case why don't you join the solo queue for that?

See what i did there?

There are no ranked objective warzones in the game mate. They got removed for this 4v4 stuff that i dont particularly care for much.

I play whatever mode i like = whom i do it with or not as the case maybe is entirely down to me as an individual. I don't see why you have a problem with that? Why are you so angry about people playing the game? That's what I am doing, I just happen to not be terrible at it. I don't think I should be punished for that, but for some reason you do = you think i should be forced to play ranked arena for some reason.

Edited by PloGreen