Unthoughtful iteration of end-game PvE armor sets

This is just a rant about the state of end game pve armor sets (Campaign gear from HM EC). For me in any rpg or mmo I want to achieve two things with my character:

1) Look awesome in the best gear available which is my reward for raiding

2) Min-max the hell out of my character to have the best attributes available.

Usually 1 and 2 go hand in hand. However with Campaign armorings holding the set bonuses for characters this totally screws this up. I am forced to choose whether I want my toon to look the same way I have for four months now OR whether I want to gain that extra 90 main stat.

E.g. I play a 50 Commando. My best stat allocation for dps on an armoring is lvl 61 68 Aim/49 Endurance. Now lets look at my chest piece for example. Campaign Eliminators armoring has 57 Aim/60 Endrance - a loss of 11 main stat on one piece of gear. Now the Campaign Med-Tech armoring has 68 Aim/49 Endurance however I cannot use this in my chest piece as I then lost my set bonuses.

This is completely stupid. In my opinion the PvE sets for Campaign Commando are vastly superior in aesthetics as opposed to earlier Tionese/Columi/Rakata ones - yet I am forced to wear older pieces to obtain the best stats. Same applies to other slots of gear.

Bioware - please rethink how you itemise and place set bonuses before creating the next tier of gear.

Edited by Cortic

I saw the suggestion forever ago, but set bonuses should just unlock codex entries, and then you just choose the two you want. Could either require each 4 piece bonus require the accompanying 2 piece, or maybe it'd be interesting to mix/match your set bonuses based on situation. Knowing BW they'd just make it a huge credit sink.

I saw the suggestion forever ago, but set bonuses should just unlock codex entries, and then you just choose the two you want. Could either require each 4 piece bonus require the accompanying 2 piece, or maybe it'd be interesting to mix/match your set bonuses based on situation. Knowing BW they'd just make it a huge credit sink.

that seems rather dull. I don't think it's the right solution.

I suppose a better itemization of sets would be the ideal

Another fix would be to have the belt and bracers count in the bonus set

This is a serious problem. I don't mind the process the min/maxing, but the issue is that you cannot obtain certain grade 61 armoring pieces that are best in slot for certain pieces of gear. This is because:

1. The set bonuses of Campaign gear are contained in the armoring

2. The armoring from Campaign gear may not be the best for your particular role

3. Because the armoring is restricted to a certain gear slot, you cannot buy Campaign gear containing your preferred set armoring for the purpose of putting it into other gear slots

4. You cannot obtain set bonuses from Armoring 26 pieces crafted or dropped from HM Kephess

The current workaround is that you have to use Armoring 26 pieces that are crafted or dropped from HM Kephess and place them in Tionese, Columi, or Rakata gear.

It makes you wonder how a critical error like this are allowed to fall through the cracks.

Some suggestions:

1. Allow to transfer set bonuses to other armorings

2. Remove gear slot restrictions on armorings with set bonuses

3. Itemize endgame gear appropriately (e.g. Reflex armorings ONLY on Trooper/Bounty Hunter DPS gear, no exceptions)

Edited by xGBox

The ideal would be creating a new mod slot where the set bonus is attached,

this new slot would be slot restricted and the armorings would be like before

Sounds like a brilliant idea to me. Throw it up in the suggestion box and pray it gets added?