We need a Cartel Item that makes gear bind to legacy

Eggsalicious

How it works: you buy a consumable for cartel coins, and each one makes a single item B2L.

This solves a number of problems, not the least of which are:

1. obviates the need to design new legacy gear that people would actually wear.

2. allows people to play either faction without the disincentive of a second, identically massive itemization grind

3. encourages people to spend money at the Cartel Market.

If you were really on the proverbial ball, you would add an additional item to the Cartel Market which makes any piece of armor adaptive.

~Eggsalicious

people are gonna buy off the cartel markets regardless if its bind to legacy or not

anyways i deffenatly agree to bind on legacy gear

/sign

edit: i dont realy agree to your aproach on B2L, i feel that whatever is gear or mounts that i spendoney on should be adaptive bound to legacy gear

Edited by iPvP

People will start to press need on all gear drops because their alt needs it. I don't like the idea.

People can already do this, since except for troopers, every class has a companion that wears every kind of armor and uses almost every kind of weapon.

But if you could bind gear to legacy and make everything adaptive, might this not reduce the need to roll on stuff you don't need?

Edited by Eggsalicious

I like the idea if they changed endgame to give out tokens and not gear as like someone else said, they would need for alts.

Tokens wouldn't make a difference for that.

either way, people who need on gear that isnt meant for them are quickly ejected from my groups. worrying about something that is easily fixed to say no to a very good improvement confuses me.

/signed

it would give legacy gear alot more funciontality (well, the removal of class restriction would help even more - or at the very least, remove calss restriction for its "mirror " class, IE, legacy sith war gear usable by jedi etc.

People will start to press need on all gear drops because their alt needs it. I don't like the idea.

I don't agree. Levels 1-49, gear doesn't really matter, so you won't get any more people needing on alt gear, then you do companion gear. And once you hit 50, most op groups aren't random, most people group with guildmates to avoid this anyway.

Levels 1-49, gear doesn't really matter

Of course it matters. Not everyone is fixated on the so-called endgame. Some of us enjoy leveling up alts more than they do doing those tedious daylies. :)

I also really like the idea of a "change to 'bound to Legacy'"-item. It would be great to finally make some use of the Legacy and pass down out-leveled but nice-looking stuff to lower-level alts.

So: /Signed

Cheers, Niko

Personally i think that anything that is flagged as "Bound" should be bound to legacy eg gear, schematics looted mounts (as they are usually bind on pickup) as sometimes you already have that item on current toon bur may want it on different.

Already have several looted mounts/vanity pets in bank that bound to main on pickup that i have already used that cant do jack with em atm as want them on a different alt.

Also got cartel gear that i boughtand used but didnt colour match properly till i got to current look, but cant sell to gear to junk dealer and cant send to alt as it is bound, i wont just delete items as spent abit on them so atm im stuck with em in my bank as well.

So.... make Bound = Bound to Legacy

Edited by Esno

It would just make the game to easy. You would have everything already from your main instead of having to ever earn anything.

We can already transfer the mods/armorings/enhancements (which, by the way, I must have already earned in order to have).

This thread is about making armor B2L with an item from the Cartel Market.

~Eggs

Edited by Eggsalicious

Am I the only one who thinks items, excluding market packs, bought from the Cartel Market should be Legacy bound; meaning you can't sell them on the Auction House? Basically player are trading cash for credits. Just noticed the pod racer mount is going for 6 million credits or in other words, $18 for 6 million credits.

It's a poor business model for BW because people are just going to buy from the AH rather than the real money

It's a poor deal for player because if it was bound to Legacy then player could "redownload" the item to what ever character they want.

Edited by Dyvid

Hmmm... Technically (and legally) speaking, it is the player (=account) that's buying the stuff, so yes, everything from Cartel Market should be "Bound to Legacy". And I also think, it would be a good idea to make CC items unsellable on GTN but sellable at vendors. :)

what I always hoped for was an item that instead of making anything legacy bound, would convert any item to become adaptive. Given that I can already have a powertech in jedi robes or a consular in sand people armor you can't really argue the "people will run around with any goofy outfit they can think up" approach so I say go whole hog.

Cartel stuff won't be bound to legacy because it'll cost them profit. Why give you that mount for $15 when they can have you buy it 12 times and make $180? BoL gear hurts crafter economy if it's craftable.

You assume the cartel market is their only one source of profit. It isn't. It's not even their main source of profit, although it does exist to promote their main source of profit (subscriptions).

I'm not sure what your point about mounts has to do with making armor B2L and adaptive.

Finally, several responses to your third point:

1. We already have legacy gear which people use for alts. This would simply increase the pool of available outfits, which could

2. Increase the demand for what few crafted items aren't hideous. I might even impel them to design nicer things.

3. Your premise that SWTOR has a robust crafting economy is false. Low aesthetic appeal and utility of what can be crafted was never that high, and with the exception of a few endgame items not much is being crafted anyway.

~Eggs