Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

In other news Bioware has announced that they will be merging all 3 of their Asia Pacific servers into one to provide a better playing experience for their customers across the Pacific. While a mega server isn't required for this unified server they are considering upgrading before their planned F2P launch.

Was that so hard?

Next time you want to quote me, please do so with an answer. you sir/ma'am would make a great politician.

What you provided as an answer to post still does not go to prove that you will know that the population has increased significantly enough for you to resub after you have ran away.

Merging servers together that have very low population already is not really going to make that much of an impact that everyone is going to run out and change their last name to Bioware.

With all three servers combined into one merge will result in a total of 500 players on the server actively playing at any one time. (This is speculation i know, but just a rough guess after visiting all servers during peak time)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time you want to quote me, please do so with an answer. you sir/ma'am would make a great politician.

What you provided as an answer to post still does not go to prove that you will know that the population has increased significantly enough for you to resub after you have ran away.

Merging servers together that have very low population already is not really going to make that much of an impact that everyone is going to run out and change their last name to Bioware.

With all three servers combined into one merge will result in a total of 500 players on the server actively playing at any one time. (This is speculation i know, but just a rough guess after visiting all servers during peak time)

And 500 on one server is much better than 150 on 3.

Is that so hard for people to understand?

to be honest its probably just better put the oceanic people back on american servers but i know a lot will hate this but i see no other solution and combining all 3 of the oceanic servers is just a temp solution same thing could happen again in the year and we screaming for it again

And 500 on one server is much better than 150 on 3.

Is that so hard for people to understand?

QFT,

I have 6 other guildies refusing to log on outside of (and sometimes during) raid times. I'm guessing alot of people are waiting for the bodies to fill up the servers which is ironic really, If they actually logged on it would make life alot easier for everyone.

to be honest its probably just better put the oceanic people back on american servers but i know a lot will hate this but i see no other solution and combining all 3 of the oceanic servers is just a temp solution same thing could happen again in the year and we screaming for it again

So the evil EA plan is working.......

there's no need for evaluation.

just merge the servers already, doesn't take a genius to figure out how beneficial it would be.

no one cares about server options at the moment whether it's pve or pvp server, they just want to be able to join warzones at peak times ant not wait an hour between each game (likewise for flashpoints). i don't think anyone cares whether it's pve or pvp server at this stage.

there's no need for evaluation.

just merge the servers already, doesn't take a genius to figure out how beneficial it would be.

no one cares about server options at the moment whether it's pve or pvp server, they just want to be able to join warzones at peak times ant not wait an hour between each game (likewise for flashpoints). i don't think anyone cares whether it's pve or pvp server at this stage.

Actually, a lot of people would care if it's PvP, but nobody would mind if it's PvE.

I just unsubbed in protest of Bioware's lack of communication with us. They said that they will evaluate in a "few days"... it's been more than a few days now.

Bioware, you want my money, you have to honour your word.

Good bye.

Still no update? Sigh...

What do you expect? They completely ****ed up 1.4 because of the fact they denied character copying to the PTS. Honestly though they don't have a forum team to deal with responding to the community on the forums.

It would be nice if they X server us with the US servers. I don't see many coming to SWTOR F2play unless they are willing to shill out advertising here.

My 2 cents. I just returned from a hiatus since April. As expected, the server population is way down, in fact the game is really unplayable due to such low numbers for large proportions of the day.

Now, I'm on the PvP server, but what is the difference between PvE and PvP server at this point? None - there is so few people around, that the PvP and PvE tags are utterly meaningless. I would urge you to not repeat previous mistakes and make a server "cluster" ala DAOC. Just merge all 3 servers and get it over with. PvE/PvP/Roleplay, these are all niceties we would like, but it is paramount that there is actually people to play with cause let me tell you.

This game is boring as single player, which is what it effectively is turning into right now.

Been getting bored of logging in and waiting hours for GF to pop. When it does finally pop there is a bunch of undergeared noobs blaming me for not keeping them healed. Am currently downloading SWGEmu for some much needed real gameplay and nostalgia.

Will give em another month (when sub runs out) to pull their heads out of the sand and LISTEN TO YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!!

Been getting bored of logging in and waiting hours for GF to pop. When it does finally pop there is a bunch of undergeared noobs blaming me for not keeping them healed. Am currently downloading SWGEmu for some much needed real gameplay and nostalgia.

Will give em another month (when sub runs out) to pull their heads out of the sand and LISTEN TO YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!!

I feel you, after waiting for ages for a pop the last thing you want is a baddie group.

As we know where Bioware lives why not organize a hard copy letter of petition and have everyone that is wishing for a merger of servers sign it once there is a significant amount of signatures Mail it to Bioware in Austin Texas.

Just a thought as this avenue of screaming in the forum until a vein pops has clearly resulted in nothing.

As we know where Bioware lives why not organize a hard copy letter of petition and have everyone that is wishing for a merger of servers sign it once there is a significant amount of signatures Mail it to Bioware in Austin Texas.

Just a thought as this avenue of screaming in the forum until a vein pops has clearly resulted in nothing.

And they'll get back to us right after the game goes ftp.

"Well, this isn't a problem, you can transfer each of your characters for $(US)50 at any time, if you feel your server isn't populated enough." :eek:

And they'll get back to us right after the game goes ftp.

"Well, this isn't a problem, you can transfer each of your characters for $(US)50 at any time, if you feel your server isn't populated enough." :eek:

But, can they legally give one set of customers free transfers/mergers and not another group. do you think that MacDonald's customer would object if one customer got fries and they customer didn't?