How do you like your Jaesa Light or Dark?

CaptCody

Just looking for opinions, which side of Jaesa's Story is more interesting?

I was originally planning to have her go darkside, but after my initial interaction with her, I don't know anymore. It just didn't go the way I wanted.

I thought turning her would be more of a mind game. It just seemed all my choices were either I am coming to kill everyone you know or I am not going to kill them. I figured to turn her would take more of a subtle approach. Make her think that the reason I was killing wasn't because I was blood thirsty, but because she had forced the Sith's hands by working for our enemy. Like if anyone was to be blamed it would be her Master for forcing her to move in a path that placed her in such danger.

That kind of subtlety not laying all out on the table.

Heh, I don't know about your character, but most Dark Sith Warriors aren't particularly subtle. As the hand of Baras, they kill who they're sent to kill, often paving the way there with the blood of those who got in the Warrior's way. A light side might be more subtle, but they wouldn't be trying to turn Jaesa dark. I just wish the Inq had gotten something like this. :tran_frown:

Darkside and Lightside Jaesa are almost polar opposites. And in most cases they would only work for a darkside or lightside Sith Warrior respectively.

It's worth noting that Lightside Jaesa's personal mission is to subvert to current idealogy of the Empire and she acts as if it's yours too. So if you are a fan of major change for the Empire go with lightside. Darkside Jaesa is fiercely devoted to the dark side. So if your warrior is a fan of the current order, I'd go with darkside.

Edited by OldVengeance

I don't think it's a matter of which side is more interesting, it's just what you prefer. Dark side Jaesa is a romance option that can lead to marriage. But while she won't marry you, Light side Jaesa will agree to bear your children.

As far as the story itself...

Light side Jaesa will search for like minded Sith in order to reform the Empire. Dark side Jaesa will search for those same Sith, but in order to purge them from the Empire.

Heh, I don't know about your character, but most Dark Sith Warriors aren't particularly subtle. As the hand of Baras, they kill who they're sent to kill, often paving the way there with the blood of those who got in the Warrior's way. A light side might be more subtle, but they wouldn't be trying to turn Jaesa dark. I just wish the Inq had gotten something like this. :tran_frown:
I dunno, I think Dark SWs can be DS while being subtle, or at least honorable. My SWs hard core Dark Side, but I think he's a pretty honorable, at least to a point, while still being ferocious.

In any case,

I prefer Dark Sided Jaesa, as it seems more logical to me that she would head down that path as a result of the confrontation with the Sith Warrior and the turning, at least the way I played it.

Edited by RCcarroll

I decided on my next Course of Action.

I met with her old master on Tatooine. I handled the situation as a message. The message was delivered while I did not kill her master, but it was clear that it was within my power to do so. The next steps are up to her. I am now searching for her parents on Alderaan. If she does not accept my olive branch and meet with me, her parents will die. I can only be so patient.

honestly I think every jedi/sith character should have a character like Jaessa. The fact you can choose her alignment is amazing.

I always thought that she joins the dark side, because you show her the power of the dark side in the confrontation with her master. While not being very subtle, it's not exactly killing everyone so she turns dark side.

honestly I think every jedi/sith character should have a character like Jaessa. The fact you can choose her alignment is amazing.

I always thought that she joins the dark side, because you show her the power of the dark side in the confrontation with her master. While not being very subtle, it's not exactly killing everyone so she turns dark side.

Why stop there? I think every class should have a companions you can shape, it doesn't always have to be force corruption. I mean SW has both Vette and Jaesa, two companions that are considerably more malleable then the rest.

I had ended up getting what I wanted. There is a way to turn Jaesa through subterfuge. I turned Jaesa to the darkside choosing all the light options. My character ended up being to soft hearted to kill her parents out right. I instead had them moved to Dromund Kaas where Darth Baras had them lavished in the lap of luxury. I went full light pretty much all the way through Jaesa's turning.

When I confronted her master he had lost his mind, surrendered himself to the dark side, but that is not hat I told Jaesa. I spared the master has well telling Jaesa he was just her past and of no concern. I told her to look into both our souls. She saw conflicting information, I told her Jedi were a lie, the Sith were about being passionate. To her a Sith a representative of the Darkside had given her parents a better life, taught her former master a lesson about the grey lines between sith and jedi, and spared her master when he instigated the fight. I also turned some Jedi on her ship.

While her Jedi master was before her a snarling ravenous animal, Left her parents in servitude and even in a worse position because there daughter was to never see them again. The only reason Jaesa turned was because she trusted that was a good man and being sith that meant I was aligned with the dark side, so clearly dark side made good people, while her master a jedi, a representative of the light side, was a ravening lunatic. So when she asked what she should do going forward i told her to embrace the dark side and her emotions, and that was all was needed to turn Jaesa Willsaam. No hate just acceptance that the dark side was the better path.

Of course this left a great big plot hole because dark side jaesa is a blood thirsty hate monger regardless of how she was turned.

Is this a rhetorical question? Dark.

Anyway, I love dangerous, sexy, and often evil (no restrictions) women capable of taking care of themselves. I admit I havent even tested light Jaesa, but from what I heard she is boring.

ps. Alas, my SW is female :(

Edited by Karkais

Does dark side Jaessa show dark side corruption as the game progresses? Or is it an alternate skin you have to put on her much like red Vette?

And if it is a skin, where does one aquire said skins?

Also, my two pennies on this is dark side Jaessa sounds way better. The fact you can turn somebody to the dark side of the force no matter how ham fisted is awesome!

I wrote my thought on Light Jaesa some time ago, on my group's forums. I'll paste it here for you:

Her story arc is actually pretty good, but is presented very poorly. BioWare stated that they didn't really expect LS Jaesa to be popular, so perhaps they just didn't put as much effort into her. Many of the key stages of her path are marked with one singular sentance, which doesn't come out and tell you what's really going on with her. You've gotta piece it all together.

When you first meet up with her, she sees for herself the darkness within her own Jedi Master. How he had been channelling anger, and hatred, and carrying grudges all these years. She also saw how he had been planning to use her, as little more than a tool.

She then saw that I wasn't the evil demon spawn that the Jedi always taught her that all Sith are. In fact, her Master was seeming a lot like the very things she'd been taught about Sith. In her disgust and confusion, she agreed to come with me.

Once she was an established part of my crew, she had these grand dreams of pretending to be my Dark Apprentice, and someday overthrowing the Empire from within. I don't know where she got that idea, but it kept her loyal for the time being. In the meantime, she was beginning to see that the Empire itself is not some great big evil entity. It is comprised mostly of regular people, just like the Republic. She also began to realize that the conflict was not as black and white, good and evil, as she had been taught. Indeed, there is good and evil on both sides.

Her turning point was when she discovered a particularly evil Sith Lord on Korriban, who had been torturing and killing other Light-Sided Sith. She confronted and killed him, on her own. This was her rite of passage, so to speak. It was her test of herself. Afterwards, she attempted to reach out to other Light Side Sith, but they rejected her, as they did not trust her.

Eventually, she gave up on her dreams of destroying the Empire, and even began to accept it. When I did Corellia's story missions, I gave a speech that said the Republic is corrupt, weak, and about to be crushed. This got me a few hundred Affection Points.

In one of the final ship conversations I had with her, she said she is finally at a point in her journey where she feels at peace. She mentioned that she is looking forward to raising children, and hopes that I will be there with her. This wasn't necessarily a flirt, and could be taken in a platonic way also. There are some lines to read between here.

The main difference between Jedi and Sith is a matter of dogma. Jedi supress emotions; Sith embrace them. Jedi are not allowed to have relationships, get married, have children. Such is exactly why Annakin had to hide his feelings for Padme. That Jaesa was stating that she is looking forward to having children, is indication that she has finally let go of the Jedi beliefs and traditions that she had originally been clinging to for much of her story.

She's not exactly a Sith, but she is no longer a Jedi either. She is simply her own person, making her way in the galaxy. When I click on her now, she says things like "Whatever is to come, I am with you", and "I will make you proud, I promise.".

And her LS Customization 3 with the Civilian Pilot outfit is hella hawt.

• 2 weeks later...
I wrote my thought on Light Jaesa some time ago, on my group's forums. I'll paste it here for you:

Her story arc is actually pretty good, but is presented very poorly. BioWare stated that they didn't really expect LS Jaesa to be popular, so perhaps they just didn't put as much effort into her. Many of the key stages of her path are marked with one singular sentance, which doesn't come out and tell you what's really going on with her. You've gotta piece it all together.

When you first meet up with her, she sees for herself the darkness within her own Jedi Master. How he had been channelling anger, and hatred, and carrying grudges all these years. She also saw how he had been planning to use her, as little more than a tool.

She then saw that I wasn't the evil demon spawn that the Jedi always taught her that all Sith are. In fact, her Master was seeming a lot like the very things she'd been taught about Sith. In her disgust and confusion, she agreed to come with me.

Once she was an established part of my crew, she had these grand dreams of pretending to be my Dark Apprentice, and someday overthrowing the Empire from within. I don't know where she got that idea, but it kept her loyal for the time being. In the meantime, she was beginning to see that the Empire itself is not some great big evil entity. It is comprised mostly of regular people, just like the Republic. She also began to realize that the conflict was not as black and white, good and evil, as she had been taught. Indeed, there is good and evil on both sides.

Her turning point was when she discovered a particularly evil Sith Lord on Korriban, who had been torturing and killing other Light-Sided Sith. She confronted and killed him, on her own. This was her rite of passage, so to speak. It was her test of herself. Afterwards, she attempted to reach out to other Light Side Sith, but they rejected her, as they did not trust her.

Eventually, she gave up on her dreams of destroying the Empire, and even began to accept it. When I did Corellia's story missions, I gave a speech that said the Republic is corrupt, weak, and about to be crushed. This got me a few hundred Affection Points.

In one of the final ship conversations I had with her, she said she is finally at a point in her journey where she feels at peace. She mentioned that she is looking forward to raising children, and hopes that I will be there with her. This wasn't necessarily a flirt, and could be taken in a platonic way also. There are some lines to read between here.

The main difference between Jedi and Sith is a matter of dogma. Jedi supress emotions; Sith embrace them. Jedi are not allowed to have relationships, get married, have children. Such is exactly why Annakin had to hide his feelings for Padme. That Jaesa was stating that she is looking forward to having children, is indication that she has finally let go of the Jedi beliefs and traditions that she had originally been clinging to for much of her story.

She's not exactly a Sith, but she is no longer a Jedi either. She is simply her own person, making her way in the galaxy. When I click on her now, she says things like "Whatever is to come, I am with you", and "I will make you proud, I promise.".

And her LS Customization 3 with the Civilian Pilot outfit is hella hawt.

that's exactly what i think about her.

Edited by _biddan_

Definitely dark.

My Sith Warriors are bloodthirsty, psychotic folks, and I like my apprentice to be the same way.

That, and my Juggy (who's male) likes him some sweet psycho-b**ch lovin'. :p

Too bad you can't actually do the "both" romance option (because Vette wimps out).