Plague persists through death but vaccine doesn't?

keitzy

This is SWTOR. 2K is not a credit sink in this game, except maybe your first week as a new player.

Besides, most subs posting here in the forum have plenty of wealth on at least one character. And if for whatever reason they do not... then they have yet to learn to play the game. Part of playing any MMO, regardless how you spend most of your time (PvP, PvE, /Picking-Nose_On-Fleet) is to develop at least one manageable income stream.

Should the vaccine persist through death... /shrug.

Is 2K for a vaccine griefing the player base? NO.

I'd say taking money out of other player's pockets for your own joy is griefing.

Wait...

Is this the part where PvE players get to call PvP'ers "carebears"?

On a more serious note tho, I do think they will fix the vaccine not lasting through death in a patch. I doubt they did it on purpose.

But it is kinda fun seeing all those PvP players who tend to be very "you're such a carebear" and "just live with it" when it comes to PvP'ers griefing during the Gree event, now standing on the other side of the fence and complaining about how unfair it is :p

Wait...

Is this the part where PvE players get to call PvP'ers "carebears"?

On a more serious note tho, I do think they will fix the vaccine not lasting through death in a patch. I doubt they did it on purpose.

But it is kinda fun seeing all those PvP players who tend to be very "you're such a carebear" and "just live with it" when it comes to PvP'ers griefing during the Gree event, now standing on the other side of the fence and complaining about how unfair it is :p

Nice stereotyping there. :rolleyes:

I don't run into your AOEs to flag you. I'm on 2 RP-PVE servers and I don't even care what the PVErs are doing.

I simply want the option to level through warzones because I find it more fun than leveling through questing (once I've already done the quests on earlier characters anyway).

The PVPers who AOE-flag you are probably the same PVPers blowing themselves up and spreading the plague and ensuring that warzones will be very expensive for everyone who doesn't want to get stunned every 4 seconds, all the while laughing manically in the process.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

This is SWTOR. 2K is not a credit sink in this game, except maybe your first week as a new player.

Unless you are like me. Typically, gathering 2K from all my toons means I'm going to be stuck on some planet or other, because none of my toons will end up with enough to travel anywhere...

Maybe i don't get it what the problem is, but i don't use the vaccine while queing for Warzones with my alts.

I die so often in low level pvp anyway, that it doesn't matter to me if there are a couple more deaths due to the plague. The interrupts are sometimes inconvenient, but on the other hand as most of the others are infected too, it is still sort of fair and sometimes even more fun, because the outcome of fights isn't as predictable as without the plague.

And if i loose... so what, i don't play low level pvp to win, i just want to have fun with a little skirmish.

Because of this i only need one vaccine when im finished with pvp and want to go questiing again. No need to spend a fortune.

Sorry, but no matter how you try to spin it or how much you fluff it up with words..... 2K =/= a credit sink in this game.

Depends what level you are, for level 55, no it isn't, for level 30, yes it is, for level 20, it's a credit mine (explosive kind).

If you have only just got to Alderaan, it IS a credit sink, quite a noticable one, and if you are repeating it quite a disasterous one.

They should have created a seperate area for it, like Section X on Belsavis or Blackhole on Corellia, yes this would have been more work, but people levelling up would have had the choice of doing it or not.

Depends what level you are, for level 55, no it isn't, for level 30, yes it is, for level 20, it's a credit mine (explosive kind).

If you have only just got to Alderaan, it IS a credit sink, quite a noticable one, and if you are repeating it quite a disasterous one.

They should have created a seperate area for it, like Section X on Belsavis or Blackhole on Corellia, yes this would have been more work, but people levelling up would have had the choice of doing it or not.

Event itself is in different area, those mobs and containment quest in starting areas are just to present event for those that are not relaxing on fleets.

Otherwise they could simply copy some artwork and mobs from there and put them in new zone - not so much work here.

This is ridiculous. Why does the plague persist through death??? That makes no sense from an event standpoint either. If I'm infected, I die, I should no longer have a plague defbuff. I respawn fresh but still have it? RIght.

At least let us PVPers have the vaccine persist through death. I literally get stunned for 30% of the match. As if there's not enough stuns in this game. I bet you the combined ability stuns and plague stuns account for being stunned upwards of 60%. Think about that devs, 60% of the warzone I am stunned. Great.

Edited by revcrisis

Props. The vaccine is a rare blue, which I associate with stims that persist through death. I too would like to see the blue vaccine persist through death (I'd pay 10K credits at the vendor for it), as well as the addition of a green version that does exactly what the current vaccine does and at the same 2Kcr price but with only a 2 or 3 hour duration. Maybe a biochem schematic drop can be incorporated into the H4 for this? Edited by GalacticKegger

The last time the plague event happened, the vaccine DID persist through death. It got nerfed for no apparent reason.

OK maybe it is a credit sink but it makes certain playstyles of leveling simply not viable.

PVP doesn't pay well. People will use PVP as a venue to spread the plague, necessitating vaccines. But you die in PVP, so a warzone that pays maybe 3k costs you 6k in vaccines because you died 3 times. (And that assumes you're at least a half decent player, not a bad who died 10 times, but that's another thread...)

Now I'm not saying that warzones need to pay 50k credits each but a player leveling through PVP should at least earn enough to train skills. Removing "persist through death" from the vaccine gives lowbies the choice to either abandon PVP, suffer through completely random plague-related CC that afaik is off resolve, or bleed credits replenishing vaccines that they should only have to replenish once every few hours in te first place.

It's not an appropriate place to put a credit sink and bad game design.

Great points.

I mean, hypothetically, suppose I only PvP and choose not to participate in the event. When I enter a WZ, I can become infected by someone else who does participate in the event. So this will either a) ruin my PvP experience by interrupting casting/attacks/objectives... anything with a timer. Or b) cost me an extra load of credits to constantly immunize because, well, deaths happen quite frequently in WZs.

All they have to do is let the immunity persist through death. That makes the price to pay rather small to stay free of plague, for those who choose to. And why would immunity not persist through death, but the plague does? Makes no sense.

No I am not new to the game been here since beta.

Problem is buying augments, aug kits and getting the aug slots is expensive on raiding toons, send millions of creds to buy legacy perks for leveling is also a major cred sink.

Wiping at 5k per wipe also hurts the bank.

Pulling mods on end game toons to either get a look or put it in legacy gear also hurts the bank.

Topping up the guild bank to keep your guild happy with guild repairs being the GM also hurts the bank.

Being under cut by scrubs on the gtn also hurts the cred income.

Running dailies burns you out.

Wow, who knew playing a game was such hard work?

:rolleyes:

Props. The vaccine is a rare blue, which I associate with stims that persist through death. I too would like to see the blue vaccine persist through death (I'd pay 10K credits at the vendor for it), as well as the addition of a green version that does exactly what the current vaccine does and at the same 2Kcr price but with only a 2 or 3 hour duration. Maybe a biochem schematic drop can be incorporated into the H4 for this?

If I had the reigns, I would of made the vaccine a reusable item and charge 1 credit.

99.9% of all the aggro dissapears.

Of course there would be still whingers, that a given no matter what they do, but that is not a valid reason to not try and placate the most amount of people you can, especially when its a simple solution.

Tell me, whats the "down side" to my solution?

The last time the plague event happened, the vaccine DID persist through death. It got nerfed for no apparent reason.

No they didn't.

Also, consider that they've added a relic that's BOL, costs 5k (or 20k if you want the higher level one) and is effectively a reusable vaccine. It only requires outsider (which can be done very quickly).

I'd say taking money out of other player's pockets for your own joy is griefing.

I'd say you're wrong. Taking money out of other players' pockets to cause them grief is griefing. Causing them to lose money without you gaining anything can be griefing. Doing something for your own pleasure is not griefing (although it may be selfish or inconsiderate).

It's so annoying i've given up on PvP for the rest of this event, and am just doing Crafting so I cancelled my account till next month... not out of pettyness but why pay for services i'm not going to use? I'll resub next month.

What is also annoying is the fact we have BioChem CRAFTERS but instead of releasing a schematic they sell them at droid vendors... what's that all about? BW doesn't give two hoots about the online economy, only the Cartel Market.

If I had the reigns, I would of made the vaccine a reusable item and charge 1 credit.

99.9% of all the aggro dissapears.

Of course there would be still whingers, that a given no matter what they do, but that is not a valid reason to not try and placate the most amount of people you can, especially when its a simple solution.

Tell me, whats the "down side" to my solution?

Interesting. In keeping within the game's current mechanics, a reusable version could be a BoP artifact purple obtained as an ops boss drop, or REing blues for the recipe. The downside is that, with the current system, a craftable version would have to be BoP as well.

Not sure if a pay-per-use version would be worth a player having to constantly click its icon (would be a LOT of clicking). For reusable artifact items, I think most would simply like to pay once and forget about it.

We also have to think about what is considered as being "in the spirit" of the event. It's a malicious plague intended to be pandemically spread throughout the galaxy. The uproar caused by it's ubiquity means that BW did a rather nice job of making it feel malicious. I think what needs to be added to this "intent" is a way to personally overcome the plague by helping defeat it and not just grind for rep gear, vehicles and pets.

Now about this ...

• Premium vaccine: single use BoE; 2hr duration or expires upon death; available from all medical droids for 1Kcr.
  • Prototype vaccine: single use BoE; 4 hour duration and persists through death; available as a rep purchase and from a Biochem recipe (rare drop).
  • Artifact vaccine: unlimited use BoE (recipe output) or BoP (boss drop); permanent duration; available from REing crafted prototype vaccines (with a per-unit crafting CD?), or as a rare drop from Eyeless.

Whatcha think?

Edited by GalacticKegger

No they didn't.

Also, consider that they've added a relic that's BOL, costs 5k (or 20k if you want the higher level one) and is effectively a reusable vaccine. It only requires outsider (which can be done very quickly).

Correction: The relics require Newcomer (7500 rep points), which is the second step; Outsider is the first step and costs 2500 Rep points. It took me two days with two chars, but that's with only green rep quests plus the Daily once (haven't done the OPs yet), so I wouldn't say *very* quickly, but still easily in one week.

Also, even though the relics are BoL, the lowbie 5K is level 25, so doesn't help chars off the starter worlds (I've heard that the quarantine has been effective in preventing outbreaks there) but below level 25 (so people leveling on their capital, balmorra/Taris, Nar Shadda, Tattooine).

Interesting. In keeping within the game's current mechanics, a reusable version could be a BoP artifact purple obtained as an ops boss drop, or REing blues for the recipe. The downside is that, with the current system, a craftable version would have to be BoP as well.

Not sure if a pay-per-use version would be worth a player having to constantly click its icon (would be a LOT of clicking). For reusable artifact items, I think most would simply like to pay once and forget about it.

We also have to think about what is considered as being "in the spirit" of the event. It's a malicious plague intended to be pandemically spread throughout the galaxy. The uproar caused by it's ubiquity means that BW did a rather nice job of making it feel malicious. I think what needs to be added to this "intent" is a way to personally overcome the plague by helping defeat it and not just grind for rep gear, vehicles and pets.

Now about this ...

• Premium vaccine: single use BoE; 2hr duration or expires upon death; available from all medical droids for 1Kcr.
  • Prototype vaccine: single use BoE; 4 hour duration and persists through death; available as a rep purchase and from a Biochem recipe (rare drop).
  • Artifact vaccine: unlimited use BoE (recipe output) or BoP (boss drop); permanent duration; available from REing crafted prototype vaccines (with a per-unit crafting CD?), or as a rare drop from Eyeless.

Whatcha think?

Sounds ok, I really hope the guys and girls at BW put some more thought into it.

I think as a player who is participating in the event, what they have now is probably ok for the most part, and I think this is where the devs stopped at the thought process, but for people not wanting to participate and others not interested, there should be an easy out, hence my suggestion, and where yours still doesn't really address, particularly the newer players without a lot of capital.

But even if you have the credits, you shouldn't have to be coughing them up to "not" participate, in fact, it should be the other way round, with people wanting to be apart of the plague to be the credit sink.

The relics that are available are really ideal for this, but putting them behind faction rep defeats the purpose.

Sounds ok, I really hope the guys and girls at BW put some more thought into it.

I think as a player who is participating in the event, what they have now is probably ok for the most part, and I think this is where the devs stopped at the thought process, but for people not wanting to participate and others not interested, there should be an easy out, hence my suggestion, and where yours still doesn't really address, particularly the newer players without a lot of capital.

But even if you have the credits, you shouldn't have to be coughing them up to "not" participate, in fact, it should be the other way round, with people wanting to be apart of the plague to be the credit sink.

The relics that are available are really ideal for this, but putting them behind faction rep defeats the purpose.

Ya ... would be kinda nice for players who wanted nothing to do with it to be able to opt out. I guess. The better idea I think would be to lessen the cost of the vaccines. I used 1Kcr in my example. It wouldn't hurt if they were the same price as lowbie rations.

I look at it like holiday shopping traffic. Just because I'm only going to the store for milk & eggs doesn't make me immune to the 60 zillion people who are clogging the roads shopping for gifts. That's why I do most of my gift shopping online.

Somewhat similarly, a toon that is able to get to fleet is also able to get to Coruscant or Dromund Kaas. While neither planet is immune (maybe areas should be?) there are a lot less players running around with the plague there. They have GTNs, banks, mailboxes, class & crafting trainers, vendors, etc ... everything the player needs that is also on fleet except for PvP mission terminals & vendors, and the VIP lounge. At least I haven't seen any. So there is an alternative for lowbies.

Edited by GalacticKegger