[Guide] Endgame Reverse Engineering

Goldenstar

So questions about endgame reversing seem to get asked 2-3 times a week here. This list should cover all possible questions about which endgame mods can be reversed

Endgame mod Reversing guide:

All armorings, enchancements, modifications, shells, etc for levels 23-25 CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic (NOTE though, that BoP schematics for level 24 & 25 item components drop from trash mobs in Hard Mode operations)

All armorings, enchancements, modifications, etc removed from a PvP shell (I.e. BM/WH mods with expertise) CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic

SOME level 26 item components CAN be reversed for a schematic:

• Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts pulled from BH/CP shells CAN be reverse engineered for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings pulled from BH/CP shells CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic
  • Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts received as BoE drops in SM/HM Denova CAN be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings received as BoE drops in SM/HM Denova CAN be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts crafted by other players CANNOT be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings crafted by other players CANNOT be reversed for a schematic

Note: only certain classes are able to reverse certain components. Artifice can reverse Enhancements and Hilts. Cybertech can reverse Armorings and Modifications. Armstech can reverse Barrels.

Armor and Weapon shells, as well as Implants, Earpieces, and Relics can be reverse engineered as well:

• Mainhand & Offhand Campaign Lightsabers can be reversed for a shell schematic by Artificers
  • Offhand Campaign Foci & Shield/Power Generators can be reversed for a schematic by Artificers
  • Campaign Relics can be reversed for a schematic by Artificers
  • Mainhand & Offhand Campaign Blasters can be reversed for a shell schematic by Armstech
  • Campaign armor shells for Non-Force User classes can be reversed for shell schematics by Armormech
  • Campaign belts/bracers for Non-Force User classes can be reversed for full-stat, purple schematics by Armormech
  • Campaign armor shells for Force User classes can be reversed for shell schematics by Synthweaving
  • Campaign belts/bracers for Force User classes can be reversed for full-stat, purple schematics by Synthweaving
  • Black Hole Implants (all three grades) can be reversed for a schematic by Biochem
  • Black Hole Earpieces (all three grades) can be reversed for a schematic by Cybertech

Note that reversing a Campaign shell will provide a schematic for an empty, orange shell. MH/OH weapon schematics will contain a +41 stat crystal and no other mods.

When in doubt, just check to see if the item has a chance to return a schematic on the mouseover text. Hope that helps, if I screwed anything up, let me know =D

Edited by Goldenstar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work. From one endgame crafter to another how much have you accually got the scematics for? or you just know stuff?

At the moment I have schematics for three enhancements: 27/57/41 End/Acc/Pow, 27/57/41 End/Surg/Pow, 27/57/41 End/Acc/Crit

And two Modifications: 53/32/41 Cunning/End/Power and 53/32/41 Cunning/End/Crit

Next I'll be working on Aim (then Willpower) mods and potentially a few Alacrity enhancements for when I finish my lowbie healer. Once I get back to the states in 3 weeks (been overseas for the last year) I'll be able to get going with one of my guild's progression groups and will hopefully be able to pick up a few armoring schematics.

Trust me, they're WELL worth the investment. I can get guildies from fresh to all BH gear minus armorings in a few days now (been stockpiling grade 8 mats for LONG time =P) and when I've got surplus, the enhancements sell VERY quicklly at 600-750k apiece =D

At the moment I have schematics for three enhancements: 27/57/41 End/Acc/Pow, 27/57/41 End/Surg/Pow, 27/57/41 End/Acc/Crit

And two Modifications: 53/32/41 Cunning/End/Power and 53/32/41 Cunning/End/Crit

Next I'll be working on Aim (then Willpower) mods and potentially a few Alacrity enhancements for when I finish my lowbie healer. Once I get back to the states in 3 weeks (been overseas for the last year) I'll be able to get going with one of my guild's progression groups and will hopefully be able to pick up a few armoring schematics.

Trust me, they're WELL worth the investment. I can get guildies from fresh to all BH gear minus armorings in a few days now (been stockpiling grade 8 mats for LONG time =P) and when I've got surplus, the enhancements sell VERY quicklly at 600-750k apiece =D

Im working in that direction to. I have 2 enhancements and 2 mods for warrior tanks and dps. And the Elusive mod sells easily for 750k. The grade 8 materials is a bit expensive still thou.. Thinkin about starting to do space missions. U know how often and how many Stabilizers drops from the chests?

Im working in that direction to. I have 2 enhancements and 2 mods for warrior tanks and dps. And the Elusive mod sells easily for 750k. The grade 8 materials is a bit expensive still thou.. Thinkin about starting to do space missions. U know how often and how many Stabilizers drops from the chests?

I'm not sure about how many drop from each box but Dulfy wrote up a short guide: http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/1.2_endgame_crafting_mats_and_space_missions.shtml

Looks like you can make 100 fleet comms per day by doing all the missions, so that means one grade 8 box every 2 days which is pretty sick.

EDIT: Accoridng to Torhead, you can get 2 molec stabilizers per box (http://www.torhead.com/item/4LWjSE/grade-8-crafting-material-box) and I'm assuming you'll get more stabilizers and/or Synthetic Energy Matrices if you crit the box. Gonna have to start running more space dailies I think =D

Edited by Goldenstar

Good advice, my suggestion and question

Add a line in about Armstechs, Synthweavers and Armormechs being able to RE items but they only get the empty shell.

Can an artificer learn the schematics for BH/campaign offhand wieldables? focus, shields and the like

Good advice, my suggestion and question

Add a line in about Armstechs, Synthweavers and Armormechs being able to RE items but they only get the empty shell.

Can an artificer learn the schematics for BH/campaign offhand wieldables? focus, shields and the like

Added information about reversing mainhand/offhand/armor shells =D

What about all the people I see saying they sell augmented Battlemaster gear? I've got the Battlemaster schematic but how would I get that to be augmented every time it's crafted, like they seem to claim they do?

So, crafting BM/WH shells has nothing to do with reversing. The schematics can be purchased from a PvP vendor for 50,000 credits per set. When crafting an orange BM shell you have a certain percentage to have a critical craft which will result in an augmented shell. The critical chance is determined by inherent companion bonuses, companion affection, and legacy buffs. Additionally, ANY piece of crafted armor can be upgraded to have an augment slot at an augment table, provided that you have an appropriate augment kit. Here's a guide on how the augment process works for a more detailed explanation: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=509963

So just looking at the update on the artifice offhands, if I take the answer is yes, then they aren't shells and are similar to earpieces and implants.

The foci and generators are fully filled with stats and identical to the ones bought from the vendor. The sabers will contain only an Orange +41 stat crystal (the hilt, mod, and enhancement slots will be empty).

can you reverse engineer black hole foci?

Yes, artificers can reverse BH foci + generators for a schematic.

Well, too bad for armormechs for being able to craft "useless" shells only :(

Yeah that kinda sucks. You guys make up for it though, with augments and the most efficient means of crafting augment kits!

Edited by Goldenstar

So questions about endgame reversing seem to get asked 2-3 times a week here. This list should cover all possible questions about which endgame mods can be reversed

Endgame mod Reversing guide:

All armorings, enchancements, modifications, shells, etc for levels 23-25 CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic (NOTE though, that BoP schematics for level 24 & 25 item components drop from trash mobs in Hard Mode operations)

All armorings, enchancements, modifications, etc removed from a PvP shell (I.e. BM/WH mods with expertise) CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic

SOME level 26 item components CAN be reversed for a schematic:

• Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts pulled from BH/CP shells CAN be reverse engineered for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings pulled from BH/CP shells CANNOT be reverse engineered for a schematic
  • Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts received as BoE drops in SM/HM Denova CAN be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings received as BoE drops in SM/HM Denova CAN be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Modifications/ Enhancements/Barrels/Hilts crafted by other players CANNOT be reversed for a schematic
  • Level 26 Armorings crafted by other players CANNOT be reversed for a schematic

Note: only certain classes are able to reverse certain components. Artifice can reverse Enhancements and Hilts. Cybertech can reverse Armorings and Modifications. Armstech can reverse Barrels.

Armor and Weapon shells, as well as Implants, Earpieces, and Relics can be reverse engineered as well:

• Mainhand & Offhand Campaign Lightsabers can be reversed for a shell schematic by Artificers
  • Offhand Campaign Foci & Shield/Power Generators can be reversed for a schematic by Artificers
  • Campaign Relics can be reversed for a schematic by Artificers
  • Mainhand & Offhand Campaign Blasters can be reversed for a shell schematic by Armstech
  • Black Hole & Campaign armor shells for Non-Force User classes can be reversed for a shell schematics by Armormech
  • Black Hole & Campaign armor shells for Force User classes can be reversed for a shell schematics by Synthweaving
  • Black Hole Implants (all three grades) can be reversed for a schematic by Biochem
  • Black Hole Earpieces (all three grades) can be reversed for a schematic by Cybertech

Note that reversing a BH/CP shell will provide a schematic for an empty, orange shell.

When in doubt, just check to see if the item has a chance to return a schematic on the mouseover text. Hope that helps, if I screwed anything up, let me know =D

So exactly Which BH armor shells can you RE for an orange Schematic? I was under the impression that it was only the Campaign gear you could RE for a schematic. And on that note, I have reverse engineered two separate Bounty Hunter MK-1 gloves from the vendor and it states on the item "no reverse engineering information available" and also gave me a couple units of DESH.

So unless this is purely a BUG, you have false information on this aspect, and Shame on the Dev/mod who haphazardly linked this post containing false info in the weekly thread roundup.

Edited by Fortunefive

So exactly Which BH armor shells can you RE for an orange Schematic? I was under the impression that it was only the Campaign gear you could RE for a schematic. And on that note, I have reverse engineered two separate Bounty Hunter MK-1 gloves from the vendor and it states on the item "no reverse engineering information available" and also gave me a couple units of DESH.

So unless this is purely a BUG, you have false information on this aspect, and Shame on the Dev/mod who haphazardly linked this post containing false info in the weekly thread roundup.

That was a copy/paste error on my part. Thanks for pointing it out, I've corrected it in the main post.

What about Bracers/Belts? Are they empty shells or the actual item (as they are pieces with no mods)

Good question! Campaign belts + bracers can Be RE'd for a schematic that will allow you to craft an item identical to the one you would be able to buy from the vendor (i.e. full stats but not moddable). I'll update the main post now to make that more clear!

Just a quick question on the foci/implants/relics etc. Are they BoP when crafted or BoE?

Everything is BoE when crafted. The only exception seems to be the Rakata recipes bought from the trainer and general Tionese stuff.

Edited by Rhaphael

I get a "Research not available" when I want to RE my Black Hole Offhand with my Shadow artificier.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/screenshot2012072714190.jpg/

Mhm, as the main post shows only campaign offhands can be reversed. Except for Earpieces and Implants, no BH shells/offhands can be reversed.

Edited by Goldenstar