Yet another thread about how bad Warriors are.

Haptic

I'm currently Level 17 using the Vengeance tree to level....I've only half way paid attention to Vette's gear and weapons, ie changed them out when I got drops and/or quest rewards and I was able to go through my entire Balmorra class quest line with little to no issues - read Level 19 elite "boss" fights.

Anyone stating that someone is "bad" at this low of a level is an idiot, you don't learn a class and/or game right from the start, help guide those who need it WHILE they're leveling to eliminate the forums from being spammed with the ******* do I do NOW threads when people hit cap.

In closing OP, check out the sticky threads on top of the Juggernaut forums, there is a GREAT link to leveling up as a Jugg, for ease, I've link it at the bottom of this reply.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=146169

Edited by Xichii

This is absurd. Don't waste your credits on purple gear for your companion. Whilst leveling I never geared vette, hell, im 44 and ill bet if I even pulled her out shed still be in her beginner gear. I never had one issue with leveling. Imo, don't try soloing 2 elites. If you're having problems with packs of mobs ie. 3 weaks, 1 strong and 1 weak, there's somthing amiss... maybe you're just not cut out for the jugg. You're rotation sounds good. I've been immortal since level 10. @ 42 I went vengeance and it was terrible, I would end combat @ 50% hp. While immortal I end every fight, even golds with 95% (using malavai). You need to be using scream on every cd, I never use assault, sunder is always up or a more useful ability is off cd. Make sure you're in your tanking stance as the dr is crazy. Just keep chuggin, don't try soloing heroics until you get quinn. Even then, don't touch the heroic 4s alone.

A. Unless you fully understand what you're doing and can think out of the box, you are not going to solo 2 Elites at that lvl (even if you were, you'd have a hard time).

B. You have better gear then I had, but I was not having problems soloing. (Immortal).

C. To start, move 5 points into Veng tree, the one for smash and assault. Put 1 point into Battle Cry in the Immortal tree the other 4 points into the other 2 skills.

D. You have the right idea sending Vette in 1st, continue thinking along those lines.

E. End > Str for lvling. You have companions for dps.

i do it all the time... this game is not a fraction of as hard as people are making it out to be. You simply cannot be rolling your face on the keyboard. Everything is given to you though your own class and companions.

Being a Juggernaut is easy. It's one of the easiest professions in the game. Heres some tips for you.

Since you stated you have some orange armor , make sure you have the best mods at your level; and plan for your next few levels in advance!

Go with high endurance too, since you stated already for the immortal tree. But I would add "+power" mods aswell to increase your damage output! It's an enhancement mod.

Your only focus showed be high power with high endurance, and high endurance and strength.

Vette is your DPS you need to understand this. Till I was L27, my Vette outdamaged me. Mainly I made sure she had the best armor and weapons my commedations could buy.

You are designed to be a tank and you stated so by your skilltree. Your not gonna do damage like the others your not a DPS toon.

Lastly do this next time, normal your level you can handle 2-3, strong your level 1-2, elities 1 on 1! Champions your gonna need help or alot of meds!!

If your dead on soloing it use this also. Your level see above, 3-4x strongs 2 levels above them, 2x elities 5 levels above them, champs still 1 on 1 10x levels above them. (this is all to solo mind you).

I used this system and it never fails! But this is a MMO so get some friends and help each other out!

Maybe it was easier for you on your Powertech because you had Mako (heals) vs. Vette (DPS). I find on tougher fights I do better with Quinn over Vette. Generally I like having Quinn out since I have virtually no downtime between fights, even if they take a little bit longer without the added DPS from Vette.

Regarding skills, I generally find the Enraged Sunder more useful than Battle Cry. Although it's nice to get a free scream in, the cooldown on Sunder Armor is short and you'll definitely want to include it in your rotation anyway. Force Charge is not as easy to work that frequently into a fight, especially before force push and if the mobs are melee. With Revenge later on, you can often get a 1 rage scream in anyway. So I would suggest leave 1 point in Battle Cry and putting the other 2 into Enraged Sunder.

Right now I'm Level 36 and planning on going hybrid Immortal/Vengeance, primarily the former.

What you can and cannot solo depends entirely on the type of mobs you face. For example on my Immortal juggernaut I can easily solo most of the melee-type champions. However the jedi-consular type champions that just stand there spamming force attacks seem to completely ignore my defenses and just tear through my health. Even golden elites of this type give me trouble. It also varies per planet, some planets are just easier than others.

2 elites at the same time!? Are other classes able to do that? 2 strongs at the same time is a tough fight for me.... I'm a marauder, so obviosly no help to your question, but still wonder if other classes can take 2 elites at the same time

Ye pretty much. I even solo 2 man heroics on my Trooper and Assassin. I barely even react if there's warrior trying to harm me in PvP. Knowing how gimmicky the class is I simply just try to avoid Rage nukes. To do that I brake force choke and BOOM! Stun, kite, kite. The effect wears off and I laugh in the face of anyone who uses rage and nuke them down. Silly gimmicky warriors unable to properly deflect blaster bolts. Vader would have been soooo ashamed if he seen a warrior with some shield generator. Compensating for the lack of proper lightsaber skills. Who was the genius who implemented it... I do not know, but he should be killed!

Edited by ZetsumeiKira

Getting back on topic...

My tips:

* do not use Queen. Use Vette and later Jaesa - this way you will have much better understanding of your class and its abilities - yes, it will hurt at start...

The only time I had to use Queen was Choke Point on Alderan and later again on Voss (2 strongs each time).

* Use your commendations wisely (double check if you are not buying offhand weapon...), do not spend all your money on gear - questing/commendation gear is fine.

* use your companion to do initial pull, you can take aggro back any time you want...

* tactics to take down 2 strong or larger pulls is: take down one, die, revive, take down the other one. Two ANY elites? - not happening... (you will have enough problems with two strongs to be thinking about two elites)

* one elite at your level - you will be fine. On some of them you will have to adapt to AI.

* collect datacrons

Hello there,

I'm currently a Level 17 Sith Juggernaut,

Just level and enjoy the story instead of worrying about/wasting time trying to kill low level elites...I just cleared 16man normal EV, beat every single HM flashpoint, and have full Columi gear. I can tell you without a doubt that Juggernauts are awesome.

Also my raid groups main tank is an Immortal Juggy, so whether you want to do damage or tank, you can excel at both in endgame pve content. It's just a matter of having the right knowledge, the right gear, and the right spec.

Hello there

Hiya :D

I'm currently a Level 17 Sith Juggernaut

Oh... I see where this is going already :(

specializing in the Immortal Tree, and am having trouble with mobs that I feel I shouldn't be. Specifically, I just fought a pair of Level 14 Gold Elite mobs in Dromund Kaas, and could not best them.

Right... Ok you do understand that gold mobs are elite? Meaning they aren't just a push over especially without a healing companion? It's a class that gets little to non early game CC or massive mitigation.

This is just a specific example, but I'm having problems with Elites in general.

hmm... Early game, you will do.

Both myself and Vette are geared out with orange weapons and a mix of blue/purple/orange armor. Is it strange for me to think that I should be able to take down a pair of 14 Gold Elites without problems? I even used all of my cooldowns (Saber Ward, Call on the Force, and a health pack), but just had no luck. Something seems wrong to me here.

Oranges mean modifiable. They could contain anything. But for the sake of it i'm going to assume you mean that they are of decent standard along with the rest of your gear.

This still doesn't change the fact that they are elite mobs. You'd have to be about 8 levels above them to take them on with no problems since they wouldn't really land a hit.

You can't solo these as you have no healer pet really to keep you alive while your taking on the world. This is the difference between warriors and most other classes. We are the ones tanking without a healer pet at the begining. Our class is the only one who starts with a DPS companion. Sure it's a little annoying but you should also not try to over extend your self.

Am I not supposed to be able to solo Elites below my own level? Am I just bad at the game? Help!

I wouldn't say your bad at the game. I'd just say that you tried something that isn't do able for the level that you are with the class you are. I lived through it too my self.

Once you get your healer companion later on (not the robot because he's annoying to hell :D) the whole rest of the game becomes a complete push over.

You'll hear about other classes that can solo these quests but thats only because they have their healer companion... or they have a tanking companion that they can heal them self, with early game utility.

Stick at Warrior though. It's a really good class. Just a late bloomer. One of the more feared but un spoken of in PvP. :D If you need any help or advice feel free to private message me.

<--- 50 Juggernaut Immortal(PvE) and Vengeance(PvP)

Edited by Areoss

Hello there,

I'm currently a Level 17 Sith Juggernaut, specializing in the Immortal Tree, and am having trouble with mobs that I feel I shouldn't be. Specifically, I just fought a pair of Level 14 Gold Elite mobs in Dromund Kaas, and could not best them. This is just a specific example, but I'm having problems with Elites in general.

Both myself and Vette are geared out with orange weapons and a mix of blue/purple/orange armor. Is it strange for me to think that I should be able to take down a pair of 14 Gold Elites without problems? I even used all of my cooldowns (Saber Ward, Call on the Force, and a health pack), but just had no luck. Something seems wrong to me here.

Am I not supposed to be able to solo Elites below my own level? Am I just bad at the game? Help!

You must be weak sauce miggee.

I can easily solo any elite with 75% my hp left. I can kill the grey badge mobs in one rotation.

charge, the 3 second strike channel, force scream. dead badge dude. Barely lose any health at all.

I am now level 18 and I feel it is pure ez mode so far. So easy in fact that I plan on plaing this class exclusively. I tried every class for atleast 20 levels and I feel the warriors do by far the most damage ESPECIALLY for tank specs.

The fact my 3 sec channel attack usually does 1000 damage is just silly.

You need to learn how to do a proper rotation and how to combo. build rage then dump. dont rage, build. rage, build. That is how you fail miserably.

Nothing has been said about Crew Skills. Since Sith Warrior has fewer heals compared to other classes, I recommend Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy.

The latter two give you your crafting materials for your Biochem. As you reverse engineer your crafted items, you can eventually get the Reusable Artifact level items. With an option for a healpac that can heal just yourself or one that can heal both you and your companion and not have it go away upon use is incredible.

Get the Endurance Stim as a reusable to increase your health for an hour and the Absorb Adrenal to increase your Armor for a few seconds in a crucial battle and it will make all the difference.

Another of these threads I can't understand.

The blunt truth is the class just may not be for you. I have leveled a juggernaut with no problems. It's been fast, easy and I don't feel like I can't do enough damage. Infact leveling a juggernaut has been just as easy to me as my BHs and sorc.

Even the early levels were EASY and I never felt gimped.

I don't even use Quinn, I feel like he just slows things down for me and much prefer a damage companion like Vette.

I will say, a warrior isn't going to solo as easy as a sorc or BH when it comes to heroics and elite enemies, but it can be done if you're patient and use everything at your disposal. Remember you can try other specs too, if you make it to 30 with vengeance you can pick up impale which leads to quick deaths for single targets.

Edited by Mordeguy

Another of these threads I can't understand.

The blunt truth is the class just may not be for you. I have leveled a juggernaut with no problems. It's been fast, easy and I don't feel like I can't do enough damage. Infact leveling a juggernaut has been just as easy to me as my BHs and sorc.

Even the early levels were EASY and I never felt gimped.

I don't even use Quinn, I feel like he just slows things down for me and much prefer a damage companion like Vette.

I will say, a warrior isn't going to solo as easy as a sorc or BH when it comes to heroics and elite enemies, but it can be done if you're patient and use everything at your disposal. Remember you can try other specs too, if you make it to 30 with vengeance you can pick up impale which leads to quick deaths for single targets.

^ This, in its entirety.

I levelled a Sorcerer first, which I loved, and I'm up to 33 on my Juggernaut. It's not as easy with large groups, but it still counts as easy, and has ever since character creation. Champions at my level are the only thing that cause me any grief, although *some* elites have made me pop consumables. I'm going Vengeance, which may make part of the difference, but only after 20 or so (since you have so few talents before that anyway).

The class is fine, and fun. It just may not be your thing (like the Marauder was for me).

Balmora seemed unnecessarily hard as a Juggernaut. I blame most of it on confusion and lack of polish by the developers. I kept feeling that I was missing something big with the talent trees. I wanted to tank and right off the start there are talents that boost abilites that I don't have. Nor do you get them until WAY later like puting a point to help obliterate at level 10, or reduceing the rage cost of backhand at 2nd teir but backhand isn't available until the 5th tier.

Some mobs on Balmora were buggy. Up in the north west part of the planet where the toxic swamps are, there were some strong mobs that could stack DOT's up to 8 times as soon as you started the fight. I always died about 8 seconds into any fight with those guys.

However Tattoine is where things changed. I was able to solo almost everything except some of the heroic-4 daily quests near the end, and when I landed on Alderaan, I am immortal it feels like. I am just mowing through things and I attribute it to finally getting abilities and buying good mods with the commendations. Always upgrade that hilt as soon as you can.

Learn to use your cool downs. Between Enduring pain, Invincible, Saber Ward, Blade Barricade, Call force, the shield from force scream, stimpack and a medpack, relics, I can take down groups of elites at my level now with Quinn healing.

I leveled a Powertech for a bit before creating my Juggernaut, and had no problems handling Gold Elites of equal level to myself. I didn't even have Mako very well geared. Now, with both my Juggernaut AND Vette geared in blues/purples/oranges, fighting Gold Elites multiple levels under my own, I'm having a lot of trouble. I see this as a problem.

Edit: Also, the pair of Gold Elites was just an example, like I said. I'm also having trouble with more common groups on class quests, such as Elite + 1-2 Strong.

I just tried BH (also PT) and it seems overpowered compared to the other classes. tough cookies with tons of AOE, clears the field fast.