Learn to play in a WZ....please

chaoticfeelings

So, this thread is either going to help the person wanting to improve pvp, or piss the guy off who is in my opinion, the main reason wz's fail on my server for my faction, and ill go ahead and throw it out there for people from my server who are reading this. Bastion imp side we need to step it up cause im tired of having to play a week straight to pick up a handfull of wins. And for the people who are going to troll me, i dont care, i really dont, for everyone else, hope this at least makes you think a little bit before you que again. Sorry in advance this post may get lengthy.

So number one on my wish list, Bioware, for the love of god remove the damage done chart from WZ's, i say this because of the following reasons:

How many people judge the effectiveness of a players ability to PvP by this chart...too many, and ive seen it first hand in a game where people say...no wonder we lost look at our damage. Yes i understand you need to output some decent damage to push the enemy out and off your controlled nodes, or to gain control of one. However, comma, pause for effect....Its not the stat that determines how good you are at WZ's or the "best" players.

Who's the better player in a WZ, the guy who dishes out 200k dmg done, charges into combat only accomplishing one thing, dmg done. Or the guy who deals 100k dmg, has marked enemy healers, called to focus fire them down, protects healers by either cc, taking care of the problem by killing the attacker, or using skills that reduce dmg done to attackers, or who is guarding a node taken, a player that goes and puts pressure on an enemy node, forcing reinforcements to peel from area the main portion of the team is trying to capture, making them less able to defend. These things imo determine effectiveness. These things are what gives the team a better chance. How many times ive been in games with lvl 30 plus assassins that have no protection points...*** why wouldnt you try to benefit your team by laying down aoe dmg reductions..why? too concerned with doing the individual thing and get those kills and damage points. That also goes for other classes that are able to do soemthing similiar, there is no excuse not to use it. I couldnt count the number of times ive received 15 medals and an easy 6k objective points with protection points on the board and be ragged on as being ineffective by a player who has done more dmg than me but hasnt even recieved objective points and barely had any medals and it really just makes me laugh.

By removing the Damage Done chart it will force those players who like to be at the top of the charts to at least strive toward topping the charts in areas that are effective and beneficial to the TEAM as a whole, as WZ's are a TEAM effort, they are not about those 1v1's in a corner or how many kills you can get in a match as an individual. Seems like too many people join WZ's just for the chance to attack the enemy...go join a pvp server and world pvp for this cause all your doing is hurting the players who are in it to WIN as a team should in WZ and not be the individual player.

Now with that being said, here are some other things, and i know this may help the other side as much as it helps out the one im hoping benefits from but thats ok with me.

When guarding a node, call out inc's as soon as you see them, even if its just one, dont wait till you realize you cant win the fight to call out for help, cause by then its too late, reinforcements wont make it in time to clear out and we'll loose the node.

Also when guarding, try to put yourself in a position to survey the area, but that also has your node in the field of view, couldnt tell you how many times ive ninja'd a node from some goofball staring out waiting to spot those incomming enemies, and same goes for nodes lost to people scanning the area with the node at their back getting it ninja'd right out from under their noses by a stealthed class.

Mark Healers, and actually FOCUS FIRE THEM DOWN. so frusterating when ive marked a healer and announced it and just watch my teammates all attacking four different people...go for healer first, then focus fire enemy players down, they die alot faster, you take less damage, and the team benefits. alot of players say they dont pvp often so they dont know this, well same tactics are used in pve right? targets are marked, and the group all attacks the same thing yea? so whats any different here, except maybe your going against something that thinks as fast as you do.

Fight on your objective, period, doing this will stop the chance that some stealthed class will sneak around while your attention is diverted and cap that node. even when your attacking a node, fight on the objective in order to prevent them from capping, even if its only for a minute, the longer they cant have the node, the longer their team isnt collecting points, so even if you notice your opponent only has 2k hp left but you see someone starting to cap that node, just let it go man and peel off to interrupt that capper, you may loose the kill, but you'll gain points for your team, which may mean the difference between a win or a lose, much more important in wz's.

Dont be predictable, ever. but especially in Huttball.

on topic of Huttball...PASS PASS PASS...just get the ball? notice you are taking damage? see that guy 15 feet ahead of you no one is attacking? PASS IT...on that note, dont pass to people surrounded by enemies, or even has an enemy near him, Are you stealthed waiting for a guy to pass to you and frusterated cause you were set up right by the goal line and he just looked at you, died and gave the ball away? UNSTEALTH we cant pass to you otherwise. Use misdirection, whole team attacking you? jump into pit and draw them down, then toss the ball UP to a team mate, this leaves them free on the enemy bridge and forces whole team to have to run around to get back on your teams ball carrier...MISDIRECTION..

Clear your bridges of enemy players setting themselves up but dont stop pressuring mid or they will just keep flooding your area with players all the while controlling mid for ball resets...dont stand on our ledge all it takes is one force leap and that player is up in goal position. better to throw the ball away and reset then to let them capture it.

USE COMMON SENSE....remember no plan survives contact with the enemy so be flexible, have a plan, have a backup plan and be able to think fast on your feet....and too, be willing to follow a plan that makes sense, be a team player..use those minutes before a match starts to actually make a plan...and be willing to go along with the plan made...be willing to go along with a plan that has been made...be willing..wait am i repeating myself? huh.

Thanks for your time spent reading this long post, again sorry for its length, and keep in mind, im no expert at this, while i consider myself pretty good, i realize no one thinks of themselves as a bad player..but im always learning new things so if you have some valuable feedback let me hear it..if your just gonna troll me, feel free if you have the need just keep in mind..i dont care and what you have to say doesnt really matter to me...now if you disagree and can state why im an idiot and have some information to back up what ive said please do, im all about it and welcome that, if you have anything to add feel free just keep in mind, this is an attempt to educate pvpers into turning bad teamwork into good and making matches less frequent so try to keep it constructive

As it was said to me once, you won't find your target audience here.

Your post is long and will discourage that audience further.

However there are some good common sense listings here that you'd hope someone would know.

To add to your address though, use the side speeders! I hate when I see guys flying to the mid when you could have saved a cap by using the side speeders.

Never try to solo anything! There is safety in numbers. While there are times you can solo objectives or enemies you can often have the tide turn quickly. If you can help it run in pairs to help each other.

On the subject of fighting on the nodes when attacking a node try to draw the enemy away from the node so your team can cap. Defending stay on the nodes to keep that from happening to you.

Things to note with your targets, healers don't HAVE to die first if they can't heal others will die. Healers are often guarded so pull the tank out of range and you can kill the healer faster! As a tank your job is with the healer, peel, taunt and cc threats. Dps try to focus targets to kill rapidly so you can defend or cap.

Thanks for your time spent reading this long post, again sorry for its length, and keep in mind, im no expert at this, while i consider myself pretty good, i realize no one thinks of themselves as a bad player..but im always learning new things so if you have some valuable feedback let me hear it..if your just gonna troll me, feel free if you have the need just keep in mind..i dont care and what you have to say doesnt really matter to me...now if you disagree and can state why im an idiot and have some information to back up what ive said please do, im all about it and welcome that, if you have anything to add feel free just keep in mind, this is an attempt to educate pvpers into turning bad teamwork into good and making matches less frequent so try to keep it constructive

I doubt your thanks will go to many people. The person above is likely the only person to read the whole thing.

Edited by Brimmer

Guessing by their Guild and Character names the average Imp player on Bastion is somewhere between 12-16. The F2P players 12-13 the most. No hope. Everything you say in your post, already was told them 250.000 times. Absolutely no effect. They all DPS, glass cannons and bad, and they just don't get it.

Ok so if you do 500k damage you suck? Not to say almost 1 Million damage which I've seen (image added so you can see it with your own eyes http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk2/caime2/Screenshot_2013-02-11_18_51_40_465285.jpg ).. Come on man don't go saying things out of convenience.. Of course the charts matter, then how can you tell who has played better? So short sighted, who cares if the guy that is under you did less or more damage?.. If you're really good as you think you are, this does not matter, this ************ just proves you are just one more of that bunch that *****es and *****es instead of doing the difference. Oh and if you aren't 50 delete this thread now. Edited by caimesv

Was playing my Gunnery commando the other night. Planted all but one charge in Voidstar, zealously interrupted plants and caps with lolexplosive round (splash damage is awesome for that). Was top-scoring on objectives and after the Warzone I get a whisper with something like "Dude, you did only 150k damage. Gunnery sucks for PvP, go Assault."

Please stop telling people that they cannot pass to stealthed targets. Plenty of players are actually aware enough to unstealth when a giant circle appears on the ground around them.

^^^ this ^^^

Although, I unstealth early anyway. Have had it happen that I unstealth when *I* see the blue circle, only to have lag defeat the pass completion.:mad: Unless it's a guardian, then I assume they are going to leap to me until demonstrated otherwise.

Fairly solid basic advice.

Now the bad news. The new acheivement system in 2.0 for PVP is based on damage, healing, killing blows, kills,solo kills, total damage, total healing, total kills and in hutball for learning to pass.

Spot whats missing?

No achievments for any objectives or even wins.

I expect things to get worse not better with 2.0 especially in pug groups

Now the bad news. The new acheivement system in 2.0 for PVP is based on damage, healing, killing blows, kills,solo kills, total damage, total healing, total kills and in hutball for learning to pass.

Spot whats missing?

Wait, what!? Do you really get nothing at all extra for actually *winning* the WZ? That would be totally ridiculous. HB matches would become; everyone does one pass to get their "pass medal" (or whatever), then procedes to just play DM until the timer runs out. Well, I guess that's potentially better than many of the games now, where the same thing happens, just without the pass. :mad:

Wait, what!? Do you really get nothing at all extra for actually *winning* the WZ? That would be totally ridiculous. HB matches would become; everyone does one pass to get their "pass medal" (or whatever), then procedes to just play DM until the timer runs out. Well, I guess that's potentially better than many of the games now, where the same thing happens, just without the pass. :mad:

The acheivement system is an addition to the current rewards and applies to all aspects of the game. I hust think the PVP section sucks.

Spot whats missing?

Yep, was pretty mad when I saw that. With 2.0 people only have more reasons to only like at their damage and kills.. awesome. They really could have made a few objective based achievements.. like, dunno, 100k defense points (though that would encourage standing at the base with 5 guys?), capping something so and so many times, disarming a bomb or something.. anything. Pretty disappointing that throwing the huttball is the only thing in the "general" tab.

The acheivement system is an addition to the current rewards and applies to all aspects of the game. I hust think the PVP section sucks.

Ah, OK. I misunderstood then. Still, I agree, it'd be nice to have some WZ "objective" type achievements thrown in.

To try to have something to do with this original thread: Add to the HB advice to "run ahead to set up for passes, instead of following along behind trying to kill off the guys attacking your ball carrier".

Please stop telling people that they cannot pass to stealthed targets. Plenty of players are actually aware enough to unstealth when a giant circle appears on the ground around them.

ill stop saying it when more people stop complaining i didnt pass the ball when they were stealthed, or ask in ops chat how come they couldnt catch the ball when i just assumed they knew what they were doing when i passed it and would unstealth while the ball was comming...but that doesnt happen so the ball gets reset..thats when ill stop asking people to unstealth

Spot whats missing?

Thats great, not really bad news at all, it'll just change the focus so now the team wont be hurt by the individuals, i mean if points are now alloted in those categories instead of the previous..just takes the teamwork out of the whole thing right and gives more points for what most people do in a wz, run around and hit the opposing team with their light sabers in the hope that it gets them furthest up the damage charts so they can boast about how awesome they are lol, im ok with those changes cause now ill get to join in and maybe stop pulling my hair out in frusteration, cause bioware made it the focus of what a wz is all about instead of teamwork and objectives

Ok so if you do 500k damage you suck? Not to say almost 1 Million damage which I've seen (image added so you can see it with your own eyes http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk2/caime2/Screenshot_2013-02-11_18_51_40_465285.jpg ).. Come on man don't go saying things out of convenience.. Of course the charts matter, then how can you tell who has played better? So short sighted, who cares if the guy that is under you did less or more damage?.. If you're really good as you think you are, this does not matter, this ************ just proves you are just one more of that bunch that *****es and *****es instead of doing the difference. Oh and if you aren't 50 delete this thread now.

you didnt read my post at all...or if you did you didnt grasp its meaning...in fact i know you didnt becuase in it i stated quite clearly that i understood the importance of dishing out damage, but that people should stop placing an individuals usefulness on the damage he or she has done in a match as there are plenty of ways a person can be the most valuable player without the massive damage numbers...yes the charts do matter, obviously by my statement of people should look at the objectives and protection charts, just not really the damage done one..because like you said..who cares, unfortunately alot of people do care. Your arguements are pretty much groundless and unfounded, nor did you give any real arguements to back up your trolling...try again cause you failed

ill stop saying it when more people stop complaining i didnt pass the ball when they were stealthed, or ask in ops chat how come they couldnt catch the ball when i just assumed they knew what they were doing when i passed it and would unstealth while the ball was comming...but that doesnt happen so the ball gets reset..thats when ill stop asking people to unstealth

I think you should then phrase it as "you cannot catch a pass while stealthed". Because it's a *really* common tactic, by good teams (heck, any team that's actually playing HB instead of DM), to send a stealther ahead and have them only come out of stealth when passed to. But also, as I typed earlier, I personally think it's a good idea to come out of stealth in anticipation of a pass anyway, because of potential lag causing an incomplete (although, maybe that happens to me more than "cable internet" people, because I have wireless broadband which can get pretty slow).

I think you should then phrase it as "you cannot catch a pass while stealthed". Because it's a *really* common tactic, by good teams (heck, any team that's actually playing HB instead of DM), to send a stealther ahead and have them only come out of stealth when passed to. But also, as I typed earlier, I personally think it's a good idea to come out of stealth in anticipation of a pass anyway, because of potential lag causing an incomplete (although, maybe that happens to me more than "cable internet" people, because I have wireless broadband which can get pretty slow).

i understand where your comming from, however something to keep in mind, just because you know, and other people know it, doesnt mean there are a whole lot of people out there that dont know it, thats who im aiming for in this threat, for the people that dont know, and i realize, i kept it to the basics, nor did i even cover all the basics my main goal with this threat was to try to get people to look at WZ's as a group effort, teamwork orientated, that its not about killing blows, alothough we learned that will change, but as of right now its not the case...i just threw in some basics as a bonus and it grew from there

i understand where your comming from, however something to keep in mind, just because you know, and other people know it, doesnt mean there are a whole lot of people out there that dont know it, thats who im aiming for in this threat, for the people that dont know, and i realize, i kept it to the basics, nor did i even cover all the basics my main goal with this threat was to try to get people to look at WZ's as a group effort, teamwork orientated, that its not about killing blows, alothough we learned that will change, but as of right now its not the case...i just threw in some basics as a bonus and it grew from there

thread not threat...its late