Roll needs a nerf

jgoldsack

Oh and for those who said to drop ball if you leap or get pulled... go for it. Take them away. And reduce the cooldown of them while you are at it too.

no spammable ability that can move you half the field distance in a few seconds should be able to carry the ball.

As anyone can see from this post, you HATE huttball in general and want it to be a "give it to the tank and turtle it to score" type of game. There is no reason for you to be playing HB and I hope you leave every single one that you get into. That would solve all of your problems.

/thread

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So again.. why can phasewalk not carry the ball then? And it has even way more limitations than the other abilities mentioned.

Because the teleport is 60m and (unlike ops) actually can't be stopped.

If the roll were a 60m teleport, I would want it to drop the ball too. But yay, it's a totally different ability!

Edited by stringcat

So again.. why can phasewalk not carry the ball then? And it has even way more limitations than the other abilities mentioned.

You have to be trolling..

Roll is only 12m or something, and can easily be halved by a slow.

Phase walk is an instant cast ability that teleports you 60m away wherever you planted it, and costs no resource.

You could probably grab ball and phase walk across line, if not you'd only require a few steps. It's pretty obvious.

I don't even play My operative and to be honest, I am more than happy for the enemy to have one in their team. They are easily locked down, and by them spamming role they are basically useless to the team unless they score. I don't mind having an 8man team versus 7.

Because you can get virtually from the ballspawn to the goalline in one phase walk. Stupid question.

Don't worry. You have competition for "ridiculously OP in huttball," but not real competition. Shadows and guardians are still "just better" classes to have. Your world has been shaken, but not destroyed.

Incorrect.

First, one has to get to the end zone to drop the marker. Second, one cannot drop it on the end zone, but close. Third, everyone can see the spot marked. Fourth, is goes away when the player dies. Fifth, it has a 45 second cooldown from use.

There are so many limitations to it that the actual use of it in huttball is quite limited as far as scoring goes. It is more useful as a defensive tool than anything else.

EDIT: BTW I fully understand why I can't carry with phasewalk. But just like roll has counters, so does phasewalk. So the "L2P" argument can apply to that as well.

Edited by jgoldsack

Incorrect.

First, one has to get to the end zone to drop the marker. Second, one cannot drop it on the end zone, but close. Third, everyone can see the spot marked. Fourth, is goes away when the player dies. Fifth, it has a 45 second cooldown from use.

There are so many limitations to it that the actual use of it in huttball is quite limited as far as scoring goes. It is more useful as a defensive tool than anything else.

EDIT: BTW I fully understand why I can't carry with phasewalk. But just like roll has counters, so does phasewalk. So the "L2P" argument can apply to that as well.

It's not difficult for an Assassin/Shadow to stealth to end, plant it, walk back to mid and wait.

Seriously? You all need to learn how to pvp without complaining all the time. Not saying that this game is balanced, but common, people can't see one damn class with a good skill that starts claiming for nerfs. Operative rolls are just fine. It gives them a good advtange? Of course it does. Will it make you to be immortal, carry the ball on huttball with no chance for the opposing team to defend or anything like that? No, it wont, unless you and your team have no idea how to pvp.

Rolls cost is high, to use them without consuming all your energy you have to wait at least 3 seconds between each roll. So, to use 2 rolls and cross 24m, you'll have to wait 6s at least. If in 6 seconds your team cant pull/snare/whatever the damn operative, seriously, start playing pve, because pvp is not for you.

Incorrect.

1. Getting to the endzone as a stealther is easypeasy.

2. But wait, shadows are still OP in huttball. Force speed and force shroud will get you the rest of the way.

3. Who cares?

So why are you still whining about it?

Then why are you still trolling? And no, it wouldn't. It's not like the marked spot can be cleansed. Someone could camp the spot...except assassins are OP and have force speed and force shroud . And yeah, having someone forced to camp the spot just in case the assassin got the ball would be OP.

So no. No it wouldn't. Get over the fact that other classes are useful in huttball.

Edited by stringcat

Okay. If you can't roll with the ball, then you can't jump or sprint either. Sound fair?

So you compare it to a jump and a sprint... A. Jumping to a target infront of you requires a stupid teammate allowing them to. Minus Guardian leap. Sprint is on a CD and can be used what every 20 seconds. Logic is failed if you compare it to someone rolling across the entire map lagging everyone.

So no. No it wouldn't. Get over the fact that other classes are useful in huttball.

I love that most classes have more use in huttball... however I feel that rolling with the ball is OP, and should not be allowed. Just like I agree phasewalk with the ball is OP and should not be allowed.

What I don't understand is why 1 is allowed and the other is not.

I don;t recall a lot of threads about force speed dropping the ball, or pulls/leaps dropping the ball, or even force shroud dropping the ball... from what I can tell, people were fine with how those were done. People wanted more mobility for smugglers and agents, and that's what they got with roll. Mobility, a quick escape. It should not be a ball carrying ability.

I love that most classes have more use in huttball... however I feel that rolling with the ball is OP, and should not be allowed. Just like I agree phasewalk with the ball is OP and should not be allowed.

What I don't understand is why 1 is allowed and the other is not.

I don;t recall a lot of threads about force speed dropping the ball, or pulls/leaps dropping the ball, or even force shroud dropping the ball... from what I can tell, people were fine with how those were done. People wanted more mobility for smugglers and agents, and that's what they got with roll. Mobility, a quick escape. It should not be a ball carrying ability.

One 6m roll wouldn't be too good of an escape, would it?

roll as an ability I have no issue with. Nor do I have an issue with it in pvp normally... however...

I feel in huttball, it is way OP. Roll should drop the ball, much like how Phasewalk drops the ball when used. I have to drop my Phasewalk in order to use it, and endure a 45 second cooldown to use it again, but a smuggler has no cooldown on it (scoundrel of course), doesn't have to pre-place anything, and can carry the ball half the field... 8 rolls possible if they are able to replenish their energy. It is also faster than Force Speed, which makes them VERY hard, if not impossible to catch once they get on a roll...

That is the ONLY issue I have with roll. I do not understand why it can carry the ball, yet phasewalk cannot.

I await the "L2P" replies that i know will be coming. And yes, I even pvp with a scoundrel, and I feel it is way OP in huttball.

just need to slow, pull or stun him when operative gets the ball cuz they have no defense almost every class can 3 shoot them. dont compare roll and phasewalk. phasewalk is 60m teleport no way to pull or stun and assassin has great defense and konockback, sprint.

the other thing, Juggers they can jump to the enemy push and jump again then jump agin to his mate

the other thing, Juggers they can jump to the enemy push and jump again then jump agin to his mate

just need to slow, pull or stun him.

That is pretty much a counter to anyone with the ball.

Assuming you can get to them. Those scoundrels can roll pretty far away in a short amount of time if you don't already have them targeted.

1 roll takes like what? 1/4 of their energy? doesn't take them very far? can still be stuned and cc'ed?

I see no problem with this.

roll takes 25 energy, and they can go 24m on a full bar, 48m if they have their probe up (whatever it is called that refills their energy). Spamming roll will get them moving much faster than any other speed boost out there.

The problem is they move so fast out of range (I have had them outdistance me even with me using force speed, and still out of range) that being able to CC or stun them is extremely difficult.

It's about being spammable, stop acting stupid on purpose. Jump and sprint have a CD.

Maul is spammable, then in that case, and chain 6k crits needs a huge nerf. You lose, bro.

roll is fine l2snare

Edited by Zunayson

roll takes 25 energy, and they can go 24m on a full bar, 48m if they have their probe up (whatever it is called that refills their energy). Spamming roll will get them moving much faster than any other speed boost out there.

The problem is they move so fast out of range (I have had them outdistance me even with me using force speed, and still out of range) that being able to CC or stun them is extremely difficult.

My scrapper can use it 6 times in a row thanks to his wh set (gives 5 more energy), scrapper skill tree (reduces cost to 21) and energy reloading during the rolls. However, after this, it takes almost 30 seconds to recover back to full energy.

24 meters. Well within leaping distance. Consider for a moment that the roll does have a cooldown of 1.5 seconds, due to the GCD. So that 24 meters takes 6 seconds. An assassin can cover more than distance during their 2 seconds of sprint.

But, whatever. Clearly it's OP because you weren't able to catch them.

Just make it so ball carriers can't use any kind of movement enhancing ability and can't be Sorc pulled. I'd be all for Huttball being more about strategy and teamwork with well-timed passes, than FOTM facerollers who have the most mobility.

I'd rather not lose the only great ability Scoundrel has gotten in a year just because the bads are whimpering about it.

But hey, if they double the distance it covers, null the energy cost and make us immune to damage for the duration(like 1.5 seconds, try not to cry), sure I can deal with a cooldown then!

And if roll drops the ball, then every other movement increasing ability should also drop the ball.

If there is another movement increasing ability that one can spam and still carry the ball then I will gladly have them drop the ball as well. Every other one in the game has a cooldown and/or another requirement to its use.

Every one of them is CCable, interruptable, stunnable, etc. So don't use that as a reason to have roll keep the ball.

If there is another movement increasing ability that one can spam and still carry the ball then I will gladly have them drop the ball as well. Every other one in the game has a cooldown and/or another requirement to its use.

Every one of them is CCable, interruptable, stunnable, etc. So don't use that as a reason to have roll keep the ball.

You can spam 2 mara/sentinel speeds in a row and run farther than roll like this.

Edited by Seireeni