Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents as a subscriber with several lvl 50 toons on Master dar Nala, playing from NZ.

1) Merge all Oceanic servers into one PVE super server first.

2) Wait a month or two and then offer transfers for all servers worldwide - not just Oceanic.

Rationale:

There is actually very little difference between a PVP server and a PVE server with the current state of the game.

Unless there is an organised open world event, there is almost no open world PVP going on. Most PVPers on the PVP server just queue for WZ's.

Lag is a big issue for Oceanic players trying to play on American servers. PVP is almost impossible, especially for time critical skills like passing a huttball, interrupting abilities etc. Any people wanting to PVP in AUS/NZ will be severely hamstrung if they want to do so.

Admittedly FP's don't seem to be as bad for me ping-wise on American servers, but PVP is such a big part of the game for me that I don't think that I would continue playing and paying if I couldn't PVP.

We need an Oceanic server for the reduced ping.

Delaying the server transfer process for a month or two will let us and BW evaluate whether or not transfers are necessary and whether the Oceanic servers are a lost cause. I don't think they are tbh, hell even MDN server seems to be getting a semi revival of players during peak time - its just not enough to warrant a whole server for PVP alone.

Tatonkabill

Glasskannon

Azealiab

Edited by Claprica

Can anyone suggest a reason other than:

Keeping character names.

PVE players wanting to avoid ganking by PVPers. (Happens on GD already, and would happen less with more instances to switch to)

Hinderance of RP by trolls. (Happens on GD already and easy to select ignore)

Keeping community together.

: for not merger into one APAC server?

I ask because I truely can't see any but a tiny minority of players who would want to selfishly keep the above over keeping other players in a population too low to play the game in the way it is intended and deny content access.

EDIT: Please don't speak for server populations you are not regularly on. MDM has it worse no doubt but Gav Daragon is not healthy.

Edited by odonoghuet

I'd prefer a merge into Dalborra. I might lose a few names but it is the only server with any population.

Also it isn't true that Gav Daragon is the most populated if people are basing that on it showing standard or even heavy most of the time. It's showing as standard right now but a /who 50 on the Imperial side shows 9 results, fleet is 10. The population indicator is broken.

Just a thought (I'm not APAC, so take this with a grain of salt), but if you did this:

- merge APAC servers

- open free transfers to APAC server

- then offer one free transfer to server of choice to the original APAC players (so people wouldn't jump to APAC to jump elsewhere)

you'd probably end up with a fairly healthy population.

The people who have left MDN and tried the pvp on the basion generally wont come back to fight the same old (and relatively few) faces of MDN on a new server, and a bunch of new pve'rs.

This bit is plain wrong but thanks for taking it upon yourself to speak for me :)

Back in a heartbeat if it's a merge

Joveth, I'd just like to add that in every single survey that was conducted and linked on these forums, a merge was the highest voted for option (by far). There are statistics in the first 200 pages that heavily support a server merge, I don't think more discussion is needed on it.

Hi Bioware, firstly thank you for finally getting to us, it has been far too long. Also can people from other server's stop commenting you honestly dont know what it is like on our server so your suggestion's are often tainted with an outsider look on our server..

Now to the solution, it seems obvious to me that the majority of people want a server merge. it is the best feeling for an Australian player to have >40 ms ping and that is something we do not want to lose. So i think transfers to other US servers is just not the solution most players want. I am he GM of one of the largest guilds on MDN and i know i speak for me and my guild when i say server merge is the only option. if you gave us transfers to the US a large portion of players would just quit because we have large ego's and the ping issues would cause us to be noncompetitive especially in RWZ. I think the majority of players would want a 2 fold solution to this issue, firstly merge all 3 servers into 1 massive PVE server. MDN players do not care at all about open world pvp because it just does not happen. the second stage of this would be allowing those who desperately want to the chance to move to us servers to play on pvp/rp servers. Lastly allow any toon's that APAC players have made on the us the chance to bring those toon's to this server. I believe that those players that have been playing the game longer should have the priority when it comes to keeping player names. but to be honest that is such a trivial thing because it does not matter what your toon is called when your sitting on the fleet for 4 hours with 10 other people on the fleet. I for one would be willing to name my toon "3785630957!" if it meant i could play wz's during the day and not waiting 4 hours for a que to pop.

to me this is a simple solution and it keeps the majority of players happy and has the community and player base's best interest at heart.

Thank you for listening.. now server merge GOGOGOGGO!!!

That said I would not want to force anyone to play on a server type they are not comfortable with (however my feelings are that these ppl would be a very small minority), therefore it would make sense to open up transfers to three servers, an RP and PVP server on the West coast and the PVE server in APAC, those who wish to keep server type can move to the west coast and those who wish to stay in an APAC community can move to the PVE.

Archie

"The worlds worst Sniper"

This, is the best solution I can see. Merge into Dalborra or accept a transfer elsewhere.

The main thing I want to see is choice. I've already been on Dalborra, I don't want to return. We have a number of people in our guild who are of the same mind.

2 Things, one solution is not enough.

1. Merge all 3 servers - Make it PVE. Then offer free xfers (one off) to APAC players to go back

2. Offer 1 off xfers to servers of choice

In relation to point 2 - If you have pop concerns around US servers, maybe limit it so you can only xfer to high pop server if you have existing characters created prior to a date (I know the harbringer doesnt need more people, but if you have already rerolled there - why cant i bring over the existing chars to that new legacy).

The key reason why we are playing on any of the APAC servers is the ping and is why many of us transferred when they were offered. To go back to a US server is just not an option. The server type is far less important.

The solution has to be one Oceanic server how you achieve that with the least stress is the issue.

Fastest & simplest way probably is to offer free transfers to Dalborra now (sorry GV & MDN guys) with an option of those who really want to PVP or RP with a higher ping to transfer to a US server.

The key reason why we are playing on any of the APAC servers is the ping and is why many of us transferred when they were offered. To go back to a US server is just not an option. The server type is far less important.

The solution has to be one Oceanic server how you achieve that with the least stress is the issue.

Fastest & simplest way probably is to offer free transfers to Dalborra now (sorry GV & MDN guys) with an option of those who really want to PVP or RP with a higher ping to transfer to a US server.

you dont need to say sorry thats what we want over at MDN

At the very least, merge the PVP & PVE servers. Make the ruleset PVE - open world PVP is virtually non-existant in this game, and anyone can just flag themself for PVP if they want.

As for the RP server, I'm unsure about its population. If its fine, leave it as is. If its not fine then merge all 3 servers together. Again, PVP can be flagged if wanted, and RP can be done in different chat channels too.

This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

O M F G

Thanks for the apology for ignoring us, trying to sweep this under the carpet by banning forum members who spoke out about this. Thanks for apologizing about the total lack of communication you're company has decided to take on this issue.

Wait, something just occurred to me. You didn't apologize for $#!?

Thanks for nothing.

Here's the dialogue you so eagerly want now:

Free Manual Transfers to any server we wish ASAP... like yesterday!!

O M F G

Thanks for the apology for ignoring us, trying to sweep this under the carpet by banning forum members who spoke out about this. Thanks for apologizing about the total lack of communication you're company has decided to take on this issue.

Wait, something just occurred to me. You didn't apologize for $#!?

Thanks for nothing.

Here's the dialogue you so eagerly want now:

Free Manual Transfers to any server we wish ASAP... like yesterday!!

This is the BS entitlement I was talking about.

I said it before, this isn't a chance for everyone to milk this and try to get what they want, we are just trying to solve the problem of low population on APAC servers.

I'm still suggesting 3x server merge!

Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

I personally would like to see all 3 AP servers merged into one.

Master Dar'Nala is in desperate need of change. Whether it's a merge of all 3 AP servers and in that we become a "PVE" (or RP) server, A transfer service is offered throughout the AP region or we're shut down and transferred back to the US servers. All of those options are highly beneficial and would vastly improve our in game experience.

The best advice I can offer is that doing nothing is the worst possible thing that can be done.

Edited by OGsam

This is the BS entitlement I was talking about.

I said it before, this isn't a chance for everyone to milk this and try to get what they want, we are just trying to solve the problem of low population on APAC servers.

I'm still suggesting 3x server merge!

go **** ********!

I'm entitled to my BS entitlement.

I was here at launch- rolled on the swiftsure.

Waited 3+months to get OUR official launch.

Population died on every server.

They merged to super servers for every server that wasn't oceanic.

They ignored us repeatedly.

We wait 6 months for a hint of any action.

Then, they have the audacity to not even apologize for it.

They got my 2 cents, I threw in another 3 cents for free!

Started trying to read the last eight pages and gave up a little bit for the sake of my day. Sorry all!

I think really consolidation is in order because:

- It maintains the low pings everyone loves

- It saves money on hardware for BioWare/EA AU (assuming there's a rental element)

What I don't think any one has touched on is what consolidation means and doesn't necessarily mean. Can we get a dev in here to explain how the server processes different phases of the same planet/instance, and how pvp flag rules can be applied in combination with that?

Additionally, I would like to hear about voluntary instance changes and instance limits for things like Fleet. Cheers!