lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

I maybe wrong here but can't they just rip out their mods and such and be pretty even with everyone else who is naked. If this is the case its seems like the QQ is about not having a gear advantage, and they maybe exposed for there lack of skill.

it's not about gear advantage. it only takes a few days MAX to go from recruit to war hero so nobody should complain about that. this new system is just BAAAAAAD.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only did they marginalize the gear, now you expect people to pay for mod removal?

Sorry, but pfft...

First people will adapt. Secondly I can PvP on any toon with no gear grind and be on stat level with all players. Allowing me to PvP for the sake of pvping and having a fair fight. I don't understand what the problem is.

Whats weird is that my stats bounced up and down as I took various things off. I have some of my mods in custom shells (cartel, social gear etc) and some in original EWH shells - I'm wondering if the new bolster treats them differently.

That's what I saw....

First people will adapt. Secondly I can PvP on any toon with no gear grind and be on stat level with all players. Allowing me to PvP for the sake of pvping and having a fair fight. I don't understand what the problem is.

So you think its ok so spend money to compensate for a bad change that has 0 to do with players?

How about you ship me the credits to remove my mods then?

I maybe wrong here but can't they just rip out their mods and such and be pretty even with everyone else who is naked. If this is the case its seems like the QQ is about not having a gear advantage, and they maybe exposed for there lack of skill.

This is pretty much what I wrote. I just did a WZ as a 50. I removed all my mods etc, implants, earpiece, relics, but kept my awesome looking gear (just WH shells) and had a blast! I wasn't 2 or 3 shot, more like.... 10-15 as a DPS jugg. I forsee great things coming once all the QQers leave the game or L2adapt.

Hmm. PVP where gear doesn't matter and everyone is on a level playing field and skill is all that matters? OmG bioware what have you done!?!

Ok, so the naked thing is a bit silly, but seriously can people over react any more?

All my toons are geared so ya, I'm in the same boat, but I find it humorous (maybe more disturbing) reading the posts in this thread. People can't hide behind their gear any more and skill is the determining factor. (Ooh! How horrid!).

Naked people with better stats than geared players? Of course they are going to fix it. Should they have fixed this before launch, ya probably, but all the whining and hateful comments I think are uncalled for. People canceling subs over this? Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I think we should enjoy a funny period of naked PVP where gear is finally not the primary factor in determining the outcome of a WZ!

I'm happy to have some new content, new levels, skills, and other things new to do for end game content. Did you REALLY expect everything to be flawless upon launch? If you did, please go look up "naive" in the dictionary and contemplate.

Frankly, I find this a refreshing change to PVP that had become repetitive.

It will be changed before long and we will have something to look back on and laugh.

Now if you excuse me, I need to slip out of this heavy armor...

At level 55 I'm guessing the good level 50 gear will bolster like all the other gear people are using (or even at level 53-54 using the good 50 gear). So either just an oversight or just a straight up bug.

Actually, the way Bolster seems to be working, at 55 you will be best off wearing the worst green level 55 gear you can find. Who knows. I still have a long way to go, but not expecting anything better.

It's definitely not an oversight. Bolster was bugged in every single iteration on the PTS. New iteration on live, still bugged. Fact is, the new Bolster has never worked. Still doesn't...

I'm getting million+ heals in games wearing nothing but my weapon atm, seems to be working alright!

LOL! +Rep

What happens when you go in with full DG? Or is it broken to the degree that it would be better to be naked or in greens?

I found my best stats to be wearing the lowest level junk green gear I could find for the PvP tier...so level 30 garbage greens. lol

(If everybody is given 1800 expertise for free why even use the stat at all.)

To gate PvPers from PvE of course.

Bolster is just a stupid system anyways i know the whole skill vs gear debate but part of skill is picking and using the right gear not getting your hand held by lazy developers.

Exactly. That is why there better not be any Bolster in Rateds. Bolster in Rateds is the death knell for endgame PvP in SWTOR if it is the case.

Well, we did asked for X rated servers.

I mean, X server rateds. Close enough right?

LOL!

BW has simply removed the advantage of having any gear in PvP before reaching max lvl.

There fixed it for you.

And how do you know the 55 bracket isn't an equal disaster. You 55 already?

So you think its ok so spend money to compensate for a bad change that has 0 to do with players?

How about you ship me the credits to remove my mods then?

The amount of time you've spent posting in this thread you could have done more than enough dailies to afford it. I'm sure if you could get any type of gear advantage by ripping mods in any other situation, like changing of your class stat balancing you would do it in a heart beat.

The problem is, this doesn't apply to PvE gear.

They just (intentional or not) completely removed any purpose to PvP gear. They replaced two paths - PvE gearing, PvP gearing - with one - PvE gearing. Something that requires hours of scheduled raiding, and generally doing things that some PvPers like me find completely boring. Not to mention the 'loot drop drama' that always happens.

That is what the problem is. Allowing PvP to be fair and balanced without any gear requirement at all basically sucks any motivation from me to do ANYTHING within the game besides it. Don't need money for my alts - PvP naked and profit.

In concept, I'm not completely against the removal of expertise, but there needs to be something RELEVANT for PvPers to work towards, something that PvEers can't get unless they do the same 'grind'. PvEers have raids. They get raid content all the time. What do PvPers get? A warzone every 6 months?

This whole thing just smacks as insulting, that's all.

Edited by islander

Um you guys know people had smashes bigger then 8k before 2.0 right? I've seen Mauls over 6k pre 2.0 those numbers are not mind blowing at all especially with bolstered stats to 54.

Oh no the sky is falling! I finally got a crit that other Warriors have been doing for 8 months grats.

They just (intentional or not) completely removed any purpose to PvP gear. They replaced two paths - PvE gearing, PvP gearing - with one - PvE gearing. Something that requires hours of scheduled raiding, and generally doing things that some PvPers like me find completely boring. Not to mention the 'loot drop drama' that always happens.

That is what the problem is. Allowing PvP to be fair and balanced without any gear requirement at all basically sucks any motivation from me to do ANYTHING within the game besides it. Don't need money for my alts - PvP naked and profit.

From what it seems like they wanted to do is make pre 54 pvp gear not needed by giving them expertise where they didn't have it before. However the 55 PVP should not have bolstered expertise. If that's the case it it makes it easier for people to level without having to grind 50 pvp gear as the top tier is 55. If you do have the 50 pvp gear you will have more expertise than an un-bolstered character but still have the bolstered stats based on your gear. I'm not sure why everyone is making a epic thread over this.

Can one of you 100 or so people explain where the issue is?

Edited by Devinia-Hex

Hmm. PVP where gear doesn't matter and everyone is on a level playing field and skill is all that matters? OmG bioware what have you done!?!

There is no level playing field now, some gear (green lvl 9? lvl 30 ? EPIC lvl 50 PVE?) is better than other gear, in particular lvl 50 epic PVP gear... which is worse than being nude atm.

Which makes ZERO sense.

Well, IF the same would be true for lvl 55 (we dont really know yet), Bioware would simply have removed all endgame progression (which is = gear progression) from PVPers. That will surely go down well, since we all play the same MMOPRGS for years just for ***** and giggles and are not interested in loot or any progression at all.

In concept, I'm not completely against the removal of expertise, but there needs to be something RELEVANT for PvPers to work towards, something that PvEers can't get unless they do the same 'grind'. PvEers have raids. They get raid content all the time. What do PvPers get? A warzone every 6 months?

This whole thing just smacks as insulting, that's all.

PVPers get to PvP. Plus no one knows how the pve vs PvP gear will work out at 55.

Um you guys know people had smashes bigger then 8k before 2.0 right? I've seen Mauls over 6k pre 2.0 those numbers are not mind blowing at all especially with bolstered stats to 54.

Oh no the sky is falling! I finally got a crit that other Warriors have been doing for 8 months grats.

It is even better the less gear more stats and dps increases.

It is pretty funny that USA that finds nudity worse as moral concept than violence manage to pull off an upgrade where nudity rewards more damage it is actually spectacular and unique in itself. :)

Chrysanthe

PVPers get to PvP. Plus no one knows how the pve vs PvP gear will work out at 55.

yes we do...... :rolleyes:

why are people acting as if the PTS never happened? bolster is functioning exactly as it did on PTS, which was broken then and still broken now.

as far as 55 PvP goes, we know how PvP v PvE gear plays out. PvP gear dominates PvE gear still, having ~30% more offensive bonus from expertise.

It's not like the bolster system was working properly on the PTS--they knew it was trash and released it anyway.

Yep.

They should give the warzones new honorary names while this awesomeness lasts...

Buttball

Groindstar

Uncivil War...drobe

Nudist Coast

Ancient Hyperboobs

HAHAHAHA!!!!

30-54 brackets are not to be equal, competetive etc.. it's a training ground.

Want good pvp? go 55.

Training ground? lol. Try a circus.

Why in the world do you think 55 would be any different? It wasn't on the PTS.

PVE gear is NOT better than naked.. I just tested that out with culumi pve gear.. It is not better than naked.

Bro. Tionese/Columni is way too good of PvE gear. You need junkier green gear than that stuff. heh

But the comment that this is basically a twinks QQ thread is correct.

Only a complete fool would think this given the actual in-game situation...honestly. Anyone that advocates having no gear at all in PvP being better stat-wise than having some gear just isn't smart.

I haven't been on since the update - work -

That's obvious. In other words, you trollin...

Something else I've just noticed. I was getting around 24k health when DPS specced Assassin. I tried speccing to tank and got about 28k health, then I specced back to DPS and was still hovering around 27.8k health.

ALL NAKED.