? about companions

Etheric

Ok , so if lets say i bring my companions out 1 at a time and allow them to die but do not revive them, are they gone for good or wiil they respawn on my ship. The reason i ask is they are slowly driving me to the dark side on my jedi shadow. I have the reptile (sorry it does not deserve a name) bobbing and weaving everywhere, always in the way, i dismiss him, he invites himself back. Why was there no warning my first companion would be a crackhead, thanks Yuon, sorry i didnt kill you when i had the chance. Then theres the idiot from nar shadda, I'm at full health stop throwing green bombs at me, matter of fact when the fights over i can heal myself quicker than you can heal me, just stand there like a good little boy.

All this got me to wondering, Why do i have NPC companions to begin with, This is an MMo, shouldn't companions be other players?

Funny thing is Kira on my Knight is fine.

So complain about companions and then admit that they aren't so bad.

Cool story.

When did i admit "they" wern't so bad ? I said Kira's fine, has nothing to do with the other 2, question still is can a companion be lost for good

Personally I love the companions. Your shadow get's two lame ones right away though...Most people don't mind Tharan because he is a healer but he's pretty boring. On Belsavis you get Nadia though too bad that is lvl 43+.

However if you let your companion die it shouldn't pop back up until you resummon him or change planets.

Edited by ADPowah

They don't die, they're "defeated" :rolleyes:

Companions are one of the selling points in this game for me. They allow me to more effectively choose a roll like Tank or DPS and actually be that roll while leveling solo, plus I find all their quests and even annoying comments fun. It's something to look forward to throughout your class quests, getting new companions. It doesn't stop me from grouping wtih friends. Sometimes it just makes it easier to fill in that last person in a heroic.

But I swear, I am so sick of hearing Tharan ask me if he had mentioned he's a pacifist. I generally tune out all my other companions comments just fine, but for some reason that one really drives me up the wall.