If you could make one of your alts a companion, who would you pick?

Jacen_Starsolo

My Juggernaut, not because she's tank (I'm crap at using tank companions), but because she'd make rude and suggestive comments to everyone one we meet and they wouldn't be able to do thing, but she's not ultra-murder crazy like Kaliyo.

Oh wait, she's a lot like Kaliyo o.O

My Agent would make a good healer, but I think he would also spend a little too much of his downtime spending the Crew Mission money on fine dining and using his Super Cipher Seduction powers on cute male quest givers. Nothing would get done.

I think my Sorc would probably be the best. She's a healer, likes reading and being quiet and meditating... I'm sure she's planning something or maybe she just seems quiet next to my Juggernaut...

My Sorc, since she's a force healer and the only companion healers are tech based (smuggler / operative clones basically).

My thoughts exactly. Although some of the other answers had me think a bit. Like the one about stealthy juggs. I thought put a sorc on that jugg and the jugg wouldn't need to stealth. :D Jugg would just plow through and when something hit him, the Jugg would just go, "What was that? It tickled." :D

But the one about the remarks the comp would say, now that's an interesting aspect. The attitudes of the alts also passing through. So if you played dark side, the comp would have a dark side attitude. And if that also worked, I might have to change my answer to the smart alec smuggler. :D

If TOR had the ability to make a custom companion that would be one of your alts, I know I'd have on the republic side my sage and my imperial side would be my sorc. Mainly so I could have a force using healer.

What would you pick and why?

Let me first say that would be an AWESOME feature to the game!

I'd probably have my Merc as my main and my Sniper as a companion. I love having HK for a companion but my sniper would be a nice substitute.

I would love it, Guild Wars had it and was well worth my money. My commando healer to replace Elara. I would use a force healer for my Jedi companions.

Yep. The inspiration for my posting this was GW along with a little bit of others out there. The mercenary thing in the first GW was so nice that all my characters used them for the teams. GW did it to a point though that I didn't need (nor want) to team with anyone really because they were not as good as my alts. Might be the people I teamed with sucked or the alts were just that good. Jury still out. :D

For my Sentinel, a healing Sage

For my Jugg/Marauder, a healing Sorc

For my Sniper, a healing Operative

For my Mercenary, a tank Powertech

For my Vanguard, a healing Commando

I choose these not only because the class skills compliment each other, but I feel like it makes the most sense story wise. Would be VERY cool if Bioware implemented something like this. I'd have to create even more alts!!!

For my Sentinel, a healing Sage

For my Jugg/Marauder, a healing Sorc

For my Sniper, a healing Operative

For my Mercenary, a tank Powertech

For my Vanguard, a healing Commando

I choose these not only because the class skills compliment each other, but I feel like it makes the most sense story wise. Would be VERY cool if Bioware implemented something like this. I'd have to create even more alts!!!

Wow. You even might make them do it now. The idea that people might have to buy slots for it. Put the possibility of a CM purchase on an idea, and the odds BW will make it so goes up 1000%. :D

Smuggler would take her sister smuggler, then the twins would be ready to take on the galaxy! muahahahaha

Main is a sniper

Alt is an operative and I would spec for healing

One orbital strike is amazing to have for soloing heroics, adding a second one would be godly.

:D

Now I can hear the dialogue to these as:

Alt does orbital strike: I did my BOOM.

Main follows with OS: Mine was bigger.

:D

I would love it, Guild Wars had it and was well worth my money. My commando healer to replace Elara. I would use a force healer for my Jedi companions.

Second reply to SentinelD only to show a link to what he's talking about for those that don't know. Which was the main inspiration for the idea of the thread.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mercenary_Hero

If TOR did it, and used the same type guidelines, it would require getting the alt to 50 before being allowed to become a companion. GW cap is 20.

GW put the cap at 8 slots. I think this game shouldn't do 8 though in a way. I thought after I did 8 in GW, it was too much. I didn't need to team with anyone ever again. I did War in Kryta solo all the time. Did it on a PuG and it failed so bad early on, I left the group after telling them my mercs did a better job. But the PuGs in GW are a confused lot. Healers wannabe Tanks because of the FotM build so they wouldn't heal at all. May be it can work here with 8 though since max comps allowed is 1 no matter the team size at most. Plus PuGs here know their roles better than they did in GW IMO.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

I'd use Dacks, my main, a DPS Commando, because then I could always have my main around, no matter who I'm playing.

I came up with an idea similar to this which I posted the other day. Link in my sig.

Not an original idea really. As shown GuildWars (first not GW2) had it for a couple of years now. I think BW would need to do it a little differently but can use that as a "guide". GW you could fill an 8-man team with just you and mercs. Some of the hardest content they did was Guild Wars Beyond which is the bridge between GW1 and GW2. I was able to do better soloing it with mercs (alts that were made companions) better than with PuGs.

In a way, you kind of can do it in STO too. Takes you doing more work though but they stated they are about to do this as well. Make your bridge officers captains of their own ships and part of your own personal fleet.

It can work in TOR but I hope they do it right. But the overboard I feel GW did probably wouldn't matter since you can only have 1 companion with you at a time.

I would pair up my Republic Trooper Vanguard and my Imperial Agent Operative. It makes sense because...

Imperial Agent possible ending spoiler

...my Agent became a double agent for the republic at the end.

They would look and work great together. I smell a buddy cop movie :rak_03::tran_cool:

Edited by Lionflash

What would make this idea even sweeter is the addition of your alt as a companion means you get the option to lose one of your current companions. I know there are a lot of us who would LOVE the option to kill or set free one of the companions we don't like. I'd love to have a new healer companion for my jugg so that I can kill quin once and for all. :D