New Stronghold

jessechu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new Stronghold would be nice but I'd rather have new rooms added to existing ones.

For example how about an access to underground caves on the Korriban one? Even better have this linked to a couple of tunnels ending in the Sith temple or a private ship landing spot.

How about adding a 3rd level floor with a glass dome letting us contemplate the sky, like #1 #2, #3

Why not adding secret rooms to the Tatooine Stronghold so a character can have underworld good stored away or why not a Sith Altar?

I'd like a space-station stronghold, and allow us to choose which planet it is orbit around.

Maybe have that choice affect the "blank canvas" of the stronghold, with subtle differences in style, color etc.

All The Best

hmmm ya know ... not a bad idea! Not bad at all.

I kinda like this one!

You get my vote!

I'd like a space-station stronghold, and allow us to choose which planet it is orbit around.

Maybe have that choice affect the "blank canvas" of the stronghold, with subtle differences in style, color etc.

All The Best

I agree with OlBuzzard. This replaces Manaan as my #1 pick for the next stronghold. :) Great idea!

Edited by wangxiuming

I like the idea having a space station but it would make much more sence for a guild - but of course: a space station for your own is cool, too.

But I would prefer having a Terminator class ship for a player that is able to join the fleet of your guild (it is the class of ship Marr has in chapter 1),

I like the idea having a space station but it would make much more sence for a guild - but of course: a space station for your own is cool, too.

But I would prefer having a Terminator class ship for a player that is able to join the fleet of your guild (it is the class of ship Marr has in chapter 1),

Yeah a Space Station as a Guild Stronghold would work just brilliantly.

And how about this: for the Conquest Event allow the Space Station to be moved into orbit around the planet being fought over. Alternatively allow the winning Guild to have their Space Station in orbit around that planet until the next Conquest Event.

And when a normal ship travels to that planet allow them to see in the approach cut scene all the Space Station contesting that planet.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

Your point? Are you suggesting that another house would bring back more players like you? How many do you think that is...a handful? A dozen? A hundred? 500?

New group content would dwarf the number who return for a new house.

No I don't think he is suggesting that, What he is saying is new group content wont either. I agree I don't think it will. If BW brought out 5 new OP's within two weeks Op's players would be saying, done them to death and demand more.

This we can agree on. I would prioritize new ops, new gear levels and a switch up of gear drops over anything else.

This is part of the issue, asking for better gear as Op rewards then going on to use that gear in open world PvP is why so many ran from PvP servers to begin with. You really are your own worst enemies. Since the reworking of PvP instances, most are still empty. BW taking away expertise gear from the venders except level 65 did not help either. BW should either put it back for all levels or removed totally.

We have been in the Kotfe for a while now, and I was wondering:

Will there be coming any new Strongholds soon?

As for the OP's question about a new stronghold. Not something I personally am after. However if there is a new one, then something mobile such as a ship would be better than a planet-side one, at least for me.

Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

No I don't think he is suggesting that, What he is saying is new group content wont either. I agree I don't think it will. If BW brought out 5 new OP's within two weeks Op's players would be saying, done them to death and demand more.

Then what would you add to the game? Nothing? Leave it as is? Focus on story more? Focusing exclusively on story seems to have been a mistake imo...the population has never been thinner. So...alternative group content? Dynamic content? What would you add to return life to this game and make it an MMO again?

All The Best

Very good idea. :)

Oricon

Give me an Oricon stronghold with ocassional chat lines from Dread Masters! It is a nice shiny depressive planet which is accessible for both factions. not like Dromund Kaas. I feel dirty whenever it says I had to be smuggled there :(

Aldebaraan

Yes, we have Yavin 4, but some of us would like to see more mountain view :-) Face it, properly positioned it would be awesome.

With one of these I would be happy as a squirrel with nutts =)

I would love to have a Hoth SH because I love the Hoth soundtrack, it is so calming...

We have been in the Kotfe for a while now, and I was wondering:

Will there be coming any new Strongholds soon?

I've been eagerly waiting for new Strongholds but I have heard nothing yet so i thought why not just ask.

and also wouldn't it be a great idea to be able to have more strongholds then four?

You can have 5, which means you can have one of each:

(1) Corscuant

(2) Drumond Kaas

(3) Nar Shadda

(4) Tattoine

(5) Yavin

They changed this a few months back.

Then what would you add to the game? Nothing? Leave it as is? Focus on story more? Focusing exclusively on story seems to have been a mistake imo...the population has never been thinner. So...alternative group content? Dynamic content? What would you add to return life to this game and make it an MMO again?

Have you ever played Rift?

The reason I ask is because of how it handles landscape group content - ie when a Rift appears. Anyone in the vicinity is automatically added to a group to combat that specific menace.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Rift as such, but that one auto-group mechanism seems to me to be a hugely beneficial idea; because in all the time I played Rift I never once saw to kind of "toxic" haranguing that so often accompanies the "group scene" in MMORPGs. And because of that when I did play Rift I spent a significant amount of that time in groups; and that filtered through to doing actual instanced group content as well.

In a lot of MMORPGS, and SWTOR is by no means immune to this, there's a significant "hassle barrier" to grouping up. You can see it on Fleet in SWTOR every night: "LFG for X, must know tacs, link gear and achis". Or something similar. It seems to me that Group oriented players are often their own worst enemy - erecting barriers to new entrants to group content, and the constantly complaining that because not enough people do group content the Devs aren't delivering new group content.

Now, please understand, I am not saying you have done this personally - but it is an accurate description of what I encountered the times I have tried to get into group content in SWTOR - and in the end the hassle becomes... ...well... ...too much hassle, and I just stick with solo, story driven content.

All The Best

Have you ever played Rift?

The reason I ask is because of how it handles landscape group content - ie when a Rift appears. Anyone in the vicinity is automatically added to a group to combat that specific menace.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Rift as such, but that one auto-group mechanism seems to me to be a hugely beneficial idea; because in all the time I played Rift I never once saw to kind of "toxic" haranguing that so often accompanies the "group scene" in MMORPGs. And because of that when I did play Rift I spent a significant amount of that time in groups; and that filtered through to doing actual instanced group content as well.

In a lot of MMORPGS, and SWTOR is by no means immune to this, there's a significant "hassle barrier" to grouping up. You can see it on Fleet in SWTOR every night: "LFG for X, must know tacs, link gear and achis". Or something similar. It seems to me that Group oriented players are often their own worst enemy - erecting barriers to new entrants to group content, and the constantly complaining that because not enough people do group content the Devs aren't delivering new group content.

Now, please understand, I am not saying you have done this personally - but it is an accurate description of what I encountered the times I have tried to get into group content in SWTOR - and in the end the hassle becomes... ...well... ...too much hassle, and I just stick with solo, story driven content.

All The Best

Much of the time people on fleet who need you to prove your worth are either wanting a free run and be carried, or are trying to do HM/NiM where you had better know what you are doing. The second group, I'd say is a reasonable request, the first group? Freeloaders.

This is part of the issue, asking for better gear as Op rewards then going on to use that gear in open world PvP is why so many ran from PvP servers to begin with. You really are your own worst enemies. Since the reworking of PvP instances, most are still empty. BW taking away expertise gear from the venders except level 65 did not help either. BW should either put it back for all levels or removed totally.

I don't do PvP, outside of the occasional conquest. So I still prefer the emphasis on ops. Keeps me in routine with the game when little else is going on.

I don't do PvP, outside of the occasional conquest. So I still prefer the emphasis on ops. Keeps me in routine with the game when little else is going on.

Don't do Op's myself but have nothing against Op's themselves, I just don't think higher levelled gear should be the reward. You could give it to Op players free as a reward but allow other to buy it either with crystals or CC. The other way would be to stop it being used outside of Op's but that would probably have to many issue to make it work to be practical. I am sure though that BW could easily come up with different rewards other than higher gear.

Still this is going of topic I guess.

So yea ship stronghold next if there ever is another one.

Adding new group content will not bring players back. As said already if BW did 5 new Op's with two weeks you be just as fed up with them as you are with the last lot. BW has gone for story over group content and must of had there reason. You, me or anyone else agreeing or disagree with what BW has done is neither here or there. BW made that choice already. They would not have without reason.

As for:

So...alternative group content? Dynamic content?

This is just laughable because this only suits you. Yes I like story so sure suits me just fine, however did you ever see me complain about the new WZ's? about Starfighter? No, still not something I care about or do. In-fact I think the only thing I have ever complained about was level-sync. Did not like it then, don't like it now or ever will. Once BW has made the choice you either except it or move on.

So I excepted it.

" Focus on story more? Focusing exclusively on story seems to have been a mistake imo"

Yes in your opinion, there are just as many of us who disagree with you. The difference is unlike you if BW started to make more Op's we would not fill up the forums with one negative post/thread after another. We would except or move on to something else. That's what grown ups do. Well as grown up as someone who is playing a MMO is ever going to get.

Sure if some players ask for something sure I will post agreement or disagree but once BW makes the call? except or move on.

Edited by Nevaeh-Heaven

As for:

This is just laughable because this only suits you.

Yes in your opinion, there are just as many of us who disagree with you. The difference is unlike you if BW started to make more Op's we would not fill up the forums with one negative post/thread after another. We would except or move on to something else. That's what grown ups do. Well as grown up as someone who is playing a MMO is ever going to get.

Sure if some players ask for something sure I will post agreement or disagree but once BW makes the call? except or move on.

What the hell?

I asked you as nicely as I could for YOUR opinion, and what do you do? You make it into an attack on ME! Me, who you don't even freaking know...

If this were a single player story game, you'd have a point...expecting MMO elements added to it would be rather ridiculous. But it's not...it's an MMO. As such, I think that, as an adult, it's reasonable for me to expect MMO elements to be in the expansions.

I'd love some new strongholds. :D I would love homes on RakataPrime, or Rishi, Manaan underwater...or Odessen. I also wouldn't mind a much bigger one for Dromund Kaas, or the ability to expand the one we have. :)

And more hooks would be welcome in all of them. :)

Adding new group content will not bring players back. As said already if BW did 5 new Op's with two weeks you be just as fed up with them as you are with the last lot. BW has gone for story over group content and must of had there reason. You, me or anyone else agreeing or disagree with what BW has done is neither here or there. BW made that choice already. They would not have without reason.

As for:

This is just laughable because this only suits you. Yes I like story so sure suits me just fine, however did you ever see me complain about the new WZ's? about Starfighter? No, still not something I care about or do. In-fact I think the only thing I have ever complained about was level-sync. Did not like it then, don't like it now or ever will. Once BW has made the choice you either except it or move on.

So I excepted it.

" Focus on story more? Focusing exclusively on story seems to have been a mistake imo"

Except that he is right on some of the points he raised. Friends and guild members that have been here since launch have left because there is nothing they can do together. They were never into ops but they were used to doing things together but they can't even do the missions together unless they want to do it twice so yea you may not see them complaining as they said what they wanted to back when this started and just left.

A lot of them went to the SWG emulator and guess what they can group up and do things and that is what they wanted and this is what they were doing when they came to play the game but it is no longer possible. So you may think there are a lot of people that agree with the way things are being done but some of them just left and went back to an old game instead of paying for something they don't agree with.

If more people keep doing that how long will this game continue?

Have a good day.

Edited by casirabit

I agree with OlBuzzard. This replaces Manaan as my #1 pick for the next stronghold. :) Great idea!

The one thing I see so positive about the "space station idea" is that it could potentially be placed in orbit just about anywhere that the Dev team would allow.

The possibilities really open up with this suggestion. Customization would be easier and yet broader in scope with even external add-ons or features that would be left up to the individual.

Think of the many options for Tatooine for example...

I would imagine that there are a lot of really cool ideas for a space station.

There are always possibilities .. IMHO this idea has a LOT to offer.

The one thing I see so positive about the "space station idea" is that it could potentially be placed in orbit just about anywhere that the Dev team would allow.

The possibilities really open up with this suggestion. Customization would be easier and yet broader in scope with even external add-ons or features that would be left up to the individual.

Think of the many options for Tatooine for example...

I would imagine that there are a lot of really cool ideas for a space station.

There are always possibilities .. IMHO this idea has a LOT to offer.

I like some of these ideas a lot.

A Tatooine Space Station build from joined together ship hulls would be awesome for example.

There's a lot that could be done along these lines and it would I am sure generate tons of Cartel Coin sales.

All The Best