Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Hey everyone,

I wanted to post a reminder that you have one week left to transfer your characters before server consolidations. Our server consolidations will be happening on Tuesday, August 13th. If you would like to transfer your character you can find information on how to do it in my previous post.

I just want to clarify.

I have 13 characters on Dalborra. I have 7(?) on Harbinger. Consequently, I cannot transfer all my characters from Dalborra manually as I come up against the hard limit of slots I own (currently 13) - though still below the maximum number of slots I could have (22).

My Dalborra characters will be merged over to Harbinger in the process of consolidation, and all will be available to play. Yes? No?

I do want to end up on Harbinger with all my characters (as it is where I started playing).

A timely answer to this question would be helpful as I'm very busy and may not get the chance to manually transfer (if that is what you're telling me I need to do regardless of slot limits) if I don't find out soon enough. (I have had this question answered by fellow players ("don't worry your characters will all move to Harbinger and still be playable but you won't be able to create new characters until you reduce the number of characters to below 13"), but would like something official.)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
I just want to clarify.

I have 13 characters on Dalborra. I have 7(?) on Harbinger. Consequently, I cannot transfer all my characters from Dalborra manually as I come up against the hard limit of slots I own (currently 13) - though still below the maximum number of slots I could have (22).

My Dalborra characters will be merged over to Harbinger in the process of consolidation, and all will be available to play. Yes? No?

I do want to end up on Harbinger with all my characters (as it is where I started playing).

A timely answer to this question would be helpful as I'm very busy and may not get the chance to manually transfer (if that is what you're telling me I need to do regardless of slot limits) if I don't find out soon enough. (I have had this question answered by fellow players ("don't worry your characters will all move to Harbinger and still be playable but you won't be able to create new characters until you reduce the number of characters to below 13"), but would like something official.)

Hey Zandilar,

As long as your subscription remains active you will have no issue accessing all of them. All of your characters will be available for play after the merge!

-eric

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

In preparation for our server consolidations happening during maintenance tonight, we are going to be turning off your free character transfers in approximately 4 hours. If you want to transfer your character somewhere before the consolidation tonight, you must do so within the next 4 hours. (3PM CDT // 6AM AEST)

-eric

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

I am a co-Guild Master of <Legit> on The Harbinger,

<Legit> transferred over to The Harbinger via the free transfers then proceeded to ticket for a guild bank refund. We had 4 tabs which is equivalent to about 8 million credits worth of materials. Our response was to wait for consolidation and ticket again.

After consolidation and submitting yet another ticket, we were unceremoniously pointed at the policies implemented after we transferred. You have provided this service time and time again to other APAC guilds. As I linked below a rival MMO is providing a paid for service for guilds choosing to leave their service, your own customer service isn’t even allowing guilds to pay for their guild to be transferred when servers are consolidated and players are forced to leave a their origin server, https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...d-services-faq.

I submitted over 6 tickets explaining that the information we had when we transferred was that Bioware/EA would give us a refund. Customer Service then responded by saying that because we "chose to move early", we couldn't get it refunded.

All players and guilds on the APAC Servers were given free transfers so we had a choice of where to move - emails to individuals and posts in the forums were used by EA/Bioware to encourage this early move. It was only AFTER this period of player movement that the new policies were enacted. No information about losing rights and privileges were provided to the community.

After more probing I was informed by Customer Service that I was using information from the initial transfers to the APAC servers from 2012... I don't understand how they can even justify using that as an excuse as they hadn't given us any information on what the new policies were, or that new policies would affect us if we chose to use the free transfers.

So yet again I'm at a loss as to why they won't provide a guild bank, the way customer service has been going it's almost as if they want the game to die.

I provided current information at the time, I was Guildmaster of the guild, the guild had a guild bank, I ticketed as per the policy and then received no help.

To add insult to injury, this is not a 'Standard Rule' that Bioware/EA has enacted. In fact they are selecting Guilds seemingly at random, onto which these 'new rules' apply. A guild I am acquainted with <Beyond Redemption> has received their guild bank using the exact same policy, I even have links to confirm that they did receive their guild tabs and a completely different response to what we have received. The Guild Master linked https://www.dropbox.com/s/ro6wfc4sc1..._04_837018.jpg and https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc11p865pl..._47_834909.jpg, which clearly shows a confirmation of a guild bank restoration. I submitted a ticket on the same day as <Beyond Redemption>’s Guildmaster, why did I get such a poor response? <Beyond Redemption> came from the exact same server and had very similar circumstances. Why is there no standard for all APAC guilds, you simply can’t justify different policies and actions for different guilds with the exact same circumstances.

Reasons to restore our Guild Bank:

We were consolidated, we were given the transfer as a means of consolidating.

We had a guild bank on our origin server.

You haven't given us our guild bank on our destination server.

You have obviously done so for other APAC guilds, why not us, were we as eligible as they were! Aren't we worth your time?

At the time your policies and available information allowed for a guild bank refund.

We were not provided any information to suggest that we wouldn't be eligible if we moved using the transfers.

You gave us the choice to move and then consolidated if we moved to a server that wasn't where you consolidated what was the point of allowing us to move other than to con guilds? (Sorry for the use of Con but unfortunately it is sickeningly accurate.)

Reasons for not restoring Guild Bank from Customer Support have Provided me:

New Policies (were not available at transfer time.)

Using Old Policies (were the most recent at transfer time.)

Chose to Transfer Early (Invalid as explained above.)

Not good enough, there hasn’t been a single decent reason provided as to why a Guild Bank refund shouldn’t be provided. Customer service are simply just giving us the run-around at this point. The way that Customer Service has treated some APAC guilds as I’ve seen others posting on the forums with the same problems, is infuriating, I’m asking for Customer Service to honour the agreement of the terms available at the times of the transfer.

I apologise if I come off offensive or insulting, I’m trying to create some equality of the service that all the APAC transferred guilds are receiving, there is no reason to treat some better than others. At this point, I'd rather deal with Jagex and their 1 billion account security questions worked into every pve, pvp and levelling event ever conceived as long as they can provide proper support (I really love SWTOR, but jeez what are the customer support team actually doing!?).

I don't need to be told ticketing frequently regarding the same issue could be considered an abuse of the customer support system, I need the customer support system to work and not be unfair, biased and slack.

If anybody has any information on how to contact a higher level of customer support to get a Guild bank refunded please message me or reply to my post. Additionally if anybody knows Darren from Customer Support, please send him my way!

• 2 weeks later...
How I can choose best server for Singapore, I moved from Russia and now all my European servers too laggy for me, I needs to choose US servers, but what best East or West ones?

Create a character on European, West Coast and East Cost servers and see where the lag is best/worst.

I would imagine West Coast was best - plus you're more likely to have people on in your time zone, as that is where most APAC people went. Try Harbinger for PVE.

But if you already have toons, you should know that you can't transfer them from European to American servers. That function is not currrently available. So you'd be starting again from scratch on American servers (no legacy, no Collections, no achievements, nothing).