New Content Next Month

irishtim

Sarcasm, or actually really did misread my post? I'd rather have the ability to completely customize my stats than have easy mode, vanity changes.

Easy mode?

You still need to obtain the gear.

You have to get either buy the dyes or the crafting skills to get the dyes

What you don't need though is to use a painful and clunky UI and pay again and again to use what you already earn.

And forgot: you don't even need to have the gear in your inventory to switch it and you can actually "store" various dyed version of your gear in you wardrobe.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy mode?

You still need to obtain the gear.

You have to get either buy the dyes or the crafting skills to get the dyes

What you don't need though is to use a painful and clunky UI and pay again and again to use what you already earn.

And forgot: you don't even need to have the gear in your inventory to switch it and you can actually "store" various dyed version of your gear in you wardrobe.

I prefer the fact that i earned a campaign chest, and min/maxed the armor/mod/enhancement onto a hard to obtain orange robe. I get the exact stats I want, plus a look that i like and don't run into that often.

Yea I bought it too since there is no monthly fee.. I figured it will serve its purpose for some decent pvp until SWTOR firgures out what pvp is.

Ive seen people say this, but I personally think it'll run differently.

I like TOR's pvp, even though its damn repetitive, it does have a draw factor to it and its pacing is good, and i even like raiding (havent done EC and wouldnt mind giving it a go, done all the other HM ops)... thing is, ive played the last 3 GW2 stress tests and after each one and especially the last one they had just yesterday (even though I got to play all of 1 hour out of the 4 on offer) Ive logged in only for about 10 minutes in SWTOR since yesterday morning and done basically nothing, and every time I think of popping into SWTOR I just think.. 'meh, why bother?", hell cant even be bothered with the event (What a disaster that is).

And you have to realize GW2 runs kinda poorly on my machine compared to TOR, so if a total of 5 sporadic hours over the coarse of 2 weeks playing PvE and PvP in a beta engine GW2 can make me shrug and say, why bother logging into SWTOR at all for the last week and a half my accounts got left, I can say those who are gonna play both WILL eventually drop their TOR sub and just give up on it, sooner rather than latter...

Unless theres actually something of worth coming in TOR, unfortunately.... it seems to little, to late, and far to spread out.

And taking every thing that could have been a single content patch and splitting it up to seem like regular content smacks of audacity in the same vein as first Day DLC (Sure its not charged, but still is a cheap cheap tactic on their part).

Are you frakking KIDDING US ? I thought your heard all the complaints about the ugliness and ridiculousness of the current PvE appearances, thought you recruited a new gear art team a while ago...

They did, but there short term contracts are all up, their just in between waiting on the new batch to arrive in the mail from india unfortunately for us this lull in talent falls around the new current deployment of super fast content updates so Bob from the coding team was put in charge of new teir armor design, he's no modeler but hes a fine hand at PS...

I kid, or do i?... at leat Bob gets to do something before his contract also expires. So there is positives!

the way i understand it is

Tier 1 Gear

1st sub tier: Tionese

2nd sub tier: Columi

3rd sub tier: Rakata

Tier 2 Gear

1st sub tier: Campaign

2nd sub tier: coming soon

Not sure about you guys and Im not sure if someone else posted same thing but isn't Black Hole gear a sub-set of Campaign? Somehow I have a feeling that there will not be stat improvements just different stat distributions and maybe introduce different 61 mods or enhancements that currently do not have 61 versions.

Im hoping I am wrong because it sounds like they will be releasing new PvP set but Im worried that having a new PvE set and waiting for a new PvP set will not solve the issue discussed with PvE vs PvP weapon hilts and barrels currently.

Edited by Talonwk

Not sure about you guys and Im not sure if someone else posted same thing but isn't Black Hole gear a sub-set of Campaign? Somehow I have a feeling that there will not be stat improvements just different stat distributions and maybe introduce different 61 mods or enhancements that currently do not have 61 versions.

Theyve already said it will be a stat upgrade. To clarify:

Tier 1 = Tionese(1.1), Columi(1.2), Rakata(1.3) Now along with these there are alternative set-bonusless Xenotech and Exotech pieces.

Now we're on T2:

Tier 2 = Campaign(2.1) , Whatever dops in Terror HM (2.2), and in this case, Blackhole is the Xenotech of Tier2

oh... a whole new color!

and that's why the game is going F2P... pretty much sums it up right there.

Theyve been doing this from the beginning. It's most definitely not the reason, the colour seperates them from their sub-tiers and the actual design seperates the entire tiers.

Yes to some degree you could argue its a money saving or time saving method. But what isnt these days.

Again, i'd just like to reiterate and hopefully get a response about the new PvP gear that will be released along with the new WZ.

Will the new gear require a War Hero shell for the trade-in? And if so, will it require the specific shell as it works currently: Field Medic > Field Medic rather than Field Medic > Enforcer.

I'm 98% sure that the system will remain as is and require the previous War Hero piece, though it would be nice for some clarification on the matter as i'm wondering if it's worth transferring my War Hero mods from my Scoundrel to my Operative, although if a War Hero piece is needed for the next set of gear, there's not much point bothering.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases.

Could you please clarify if these new PVP weapons will require WH weapons to purchase, or am I better off waiting to spend my ranked comms and continuing to use battle master weps for now.

Also... anyone else find the different color pallets on the new PVE gear a bit pointless when you can get the chest and color match the rest? I remember a huge uproar over how ugly campaign/black hole gear was when it was released, ans BW saying they heard us "loud and clear".

The new tier of gear in HM Terror From Beyond is higher-level than Campaign. It shares the appearance, but it uses a new color palette.

:hope_05:

pls forward to a corresponding authority(i know you wont ;) ):

if you dont plan to loose another 300k in the next quarter, you better instantly get some good devs together and invent some new designed gearset with new setbonus. it seems that you guys desastically underestimated your clients and the market requirements. f2p item scam wont rescue you. WE are the core. WE pay the bills. BETTER THANK THE LORD that some of us still didnt left. our patience is sinking, like our expectations. Can you please FINALLY start to actually develop stuff like a team would do in a fulltime job? Hitting the 4th quarter soon, you got us ONE REAL content patch yet.

OR: Reconfirm that we wont get new PVE/PVP sets. Assure it to me please :)

Edited by Netzgeist

What a thought-provoking and well-reasoned argument!

Were you Captain of you debate team in school by any chance?

no way. Debating - waste of time. Dictatorship - rule 4ever.

and what the hell is debating team? america != other world

Edited by vfrost

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases.

Why not? I had to PvP for the best PVE relics.

:rak_grin:

I wonder if this means that PvP will be the same way? I assume so. Recolored swampthing outfit, FTW! /sarcasm. Seriously? >.>

My guess is that as new sets get released, older sets will make its way to the cash shop. They can justify it by saying its an easier way for new people to not be so far behind. They can say its not p2w because it isnt cutting edge.....and the best part is they dont have to do any extra work to get extra money from it because its already developed. Im sure it will happen for both PVE and PVP.