Ultratech gear in 1.3?

I've been wanting to get my hands on the Ultratech Consular chestpiece for awhile now, as I'm not really a fan of the endgame consular gear sets, and I know that it drops from the last boss chest in normal mode False Emperor.

Or at least it used to.

Before 1.3 I could never get anyone in my guild to farm that flashpoint with me, so I was looking forward to being able use the group finder to accomplish this. Well, I've run False Emperor several times a day everyday since 1.3 has been out, and I haven't seen any Ultratech anything drop.

Are these sets still in the game? Has anyone found any since 1.3?

I've been trying to farm that robe myself. I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the endgame pre-raid gear has been removed, but I've not been able to get confirmation or denial from the CSRs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an interesting update: Ran Normal mode FE Today, and the chest at Malgus dropped 'Xenotech Survivor's Robe'. If what we're looking for is still in the game, I doubt more than one tier of gear drops from the same source.

I'd probably stop looking for that robe in the False Emperor instance.

Just an interesting update: Ran Normal mode FE Today, and the chest at Malgus dropped 'Xenotech Survivor's Robe'. If what we're looking for is still in the game, I doubt more than one tier of gear drops from the same source.

I'd probably stop looking for that robe in the False Emperor instance.

Wish I read this sooner. I've tried 10+ times now for it...

On the plus side, I got an equally obfuscative answer from a CSR as my original, but this may have something to have hope in:

"We are happy to help with any problems that you may encounter playing the game, However, to avoid spoiling your game experience and the rich story-driven content of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we will not provide specific information on where or how to obtain specific items of equipment."

I'm guessing that's a hint that the gear is still in game. If I recall correctly, Ultratech was the highest of the pre-HM Dungeon gear, so I suspect it may drop in story mode operations.

Xenotech Chestpiece has grade 51 mods

Ultratech Chestpiece has grade 50 mods

That means that the gear from Malgus was increased one category

Battle of Ilum is also dropping Xenotech Gear

Maybe it's drops from Directive 7

Red Reaper still drops grade 47-49 gear

On the plus side, I got an equally obfuscative answer from a CSR as my original, but this may have something to have hope in:

I'm guessing that's a hint that the gear is still in game. If I recall correctly, Ultratech was the highest of the pre-HM Dungeon gear, so I suspect it may drop in story mode operations.

tbh that sounds like a copy and paste reply. Ive been running HMs and ops since the game launched. Ive never seen nor heard of Ultratech gear. That isnt to say it doesnt exist. It just doesnt drop in HMs or Ops. or if it does its extremely rare.

Oh it's definitely a C&P response, or at the very least, cookie cutter for CSRs, but surely if it had been removed, it would no longer be 'spoiling the game experience', and it wouldn't matter to explain that it had been removed from the game.

I've seen Ultratech pieces first hand, but that was around 1.1. I think they must have become VERY rare, but I can't think where.

Also, I doubt Red Reaper - that drops the 'Of Deception' set for consulars.

Did some data hunting on torhead and swtorspy and it seems that the ultratech is spread from D7 to FE. Now i dont think this information is entirely accurate given the alterations to the last few FPs loot tables in recent patches. D7 how ever was not affected so far as i know by the changes to the endgame gearup. You may try focusing on SM D7 runs