Current game version does not match the server's.

JimmySole

Looks like Darth Dev went on holiday and left Apprentice Pants in charge of the update again :)

As per others tried to log on about 20 min ago, my game started reorganising data, verifying then installing, now I can't enter because my game version does not match the server's.

Not the first time this has happened, obviously no lessons learnt from the last time.

Oh well off to play ESO till they sort this.

Edited by Mai-Hon

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier today I was logged in fine, however this when I logged back in just now, I have the same error message as the title of this thread. I ignored it and logged in. Before this however my game did an "update" for absolutely no reason. Now I'm in the game some things seemed to have rolled back a few years; the cartel market & collections look ancient - like they have been rolled back 2/3 years.

I'm wondering if there is any point in doing anything this evening just in case progress is rolled back.

I'm guessing this is a bitraider issue because this hasn't happened to me. Got rid of that garbage awhile ago. But if it isn't, then nevermind.

Appears to be a launcher issue. If you have the files (say because you used the tor community predownloader) the launcher goes ahead and installs them. Typically the launcher won't install the files until it's patch day.

Lets just hope they don't screw up chapter 16 after this :p im almost done with the Light Vs. Dark event with only needing 1 World Boss and 3 ops bosses left after ch 16.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=890950

Wow yeah that wouldn't be good, but as I can tell everything seems fine so far. I like the new store icon on the hotbar at least it seems less obtrusive. :)

Can we get an official response:

If I click play and play my character as normal, am I at risk of being banned / losing stuff? I just want to play the game, I didnt mean to update the dang thing. I mean, its neat to see the new pack opening stuff, but I didnt do this intentionally...

Am I safe to play, or what?

Don't care if there's a rollback, but it'll be pretty crappy if we get in trouble for their mistake.

Along with everyone else, I am having the same problem with the launcher. Mine hasn't even finished yet, so I have no way of knowing if I'm going to have the same problems as everyone else seems to be having in game, but after reading everyone else's problems in game, I'm beginning to think that I shouldn't even bother trying to play tonight until after the patch update tomorrow. This is highly disappointing.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

We have figured out what the issue is and we have a few options on how to proceed. What we are going to do is we are going to move tomorrow's maintenance up to right now, meaning there will no longer be a maintenance tomorrow morning. Within the next 15-30 minutes we will be bringing all servers down as we deploy Game Update 4.7 and Chapter 16.

This means that as the servers come back up 4.7 will be live and you will have access to Chapter 16 Early Access if you qualified. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but with this solution you will be getting Chapter 16 and GU 4.7 even sooner than planned.

This means that starting soon SWTOR servers will be unavailable for approximately 4 hours (hopefully less). We will be keeping SWTOR.com available during this period.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

Along with everyone else, I am having the same problem with the launcher. Mine hasn't even finished yet, so I have no way of knowing if I'm going to have the same problems as everyone else seems to be having in game, but after reading everyone else's problems in game, I'm beginning to think that I shouldn't even bother trying to play tonight until after the patch update tomorrow. This is highly disappointing.

Work around fix for it is here, read the first page of gen forum and you will be suprised what you can find.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=890950

Hey folks!

We have figured out what the issue is and we have a few options on how to proceed. What we are going to do is we are going to move tomorrow's maintenance up to right now, meaning there will no longer be a maintenance tomorrow morning. Within the next 15-30 minutes we will be bringing all servers down as we deploy Game Update 4.7 and Chapter 16.

This means that as the servers come back up 4.7 will be live and you will have access to Chapter 16 Early Access if you qualified. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but with this solution you will be getting Chapter 16 and GU 4.7 even sooner than planned.

This means that starting soon SWTOR servers will be unavailable for approximately 4 hours (hopefully less). We will be keeping SWTOR.com available during this period.

-eric

Eric please answer me, I am still reorganizing data at the moment. Should I stop this? or should I continue? Really need an answer on this!

Hey folks!

-eric

Awe, just as we found a work around... well least i get early early access.

Hey folks!

-eric

Thank you for getting back to us and giving us some good news to help alleviate the frustration.

Hey folks!

-eric

Nice Eric! Good decision :)

It appears that the cartel market interface icon has changed .... has a "Stash" now ..... don't know what it is. However the error message (wrong version etc.) pops up on the character selection screen. I just selected "Play" on a char and the game seems to work OK though my cartel mkt clicky thing was moved so it was under a Bar .... so I just edited my interface and moved it to a clear space(It is smaller than the old round one) and all seems to be working OK. Cartel mkt looks normal ... stash ....well I don't know what it does yet ... but it pops up.

Will add msg if playing the game has problems.

On further inspection, the stash thingy appears to let you look inside your cartel packs and .... ummm ???

Edited by Wahala

Hey folks!

-eric

Yeay on getting everything early... I guess :rak_02: After the initial ***-period, I think this timeframe works better for a lot of people after reading through the comments. I hate, hate morning patches PST, and I know everyone has their own preferences. So it's neat to see everyone come together. I'm just glad the game isn't destroyed, or a huge rollback. So yay...:rak_02: ... :rak_03:

Edited by siegeshot

• Dev Post
Eric please answer me, I am still reorganizing data at the moment. Should I stop this? or should I continue? Really need an answer on this!

If you are reorganizing data or any other form of patching, let it finish. Once that is complete you can restart your client and once maintenance is complete you will be all set to login.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey folks!

-eric

Good deal.