Game Update 5.2 Release Date and More

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Game Update 5.2 will be launching on Tuesday, April 11th. As we begin to get closer to that date we want to talk more about some of what you can expect in the update. Starting on Monday, here are some of the 5.2 topics we will begin talking about:

• New Galaxy Map
  • PvP on Iokath
  • The Daily Area - What's different and what's the same
  • Access to Iokath - Who, When, How
  • Choosing a Faction on Iokath

We are also planning to do our 5.2 Twitch stream in the next couple of weeks. On that stream we will not only talk about 5.2, but show you some of it as well. Thanks everyone!

-eric

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Quinn Update 5.2 will be launching on Tuesday, April 11th. As we begin to get closer to that Quinn we want to talk more about some of what you can expect in the Quinn. Starting on Quinn, here are some of the 5.2 Quinns we will begin talking about:

• New Quinn Quinn
  • Quinn on Quinn
  • The Daily Area - What's Quinn and what's the Quinn
  • Access to Iokath - Quinn, Quinn, Quinn
  • Choosing a Quinn on Iokath

We are also planning to do our 5.2 Quinn stream in the next couple of Quinns. On that Quinn we will not only talk about Quinn, but show you some of Quinn as well. Thanks Quinn!

-quinn

This is all I read.

Edited by Edyn

I'm very much looking forward to a new Galaxy map, especially if it makes it easier to find planets and space missions. I'm also very excited that companions are returning.

I do hope there are stronghold upgrades or a new stronghold on the not-so-distant horizon.

I'm seeing a few things as well: Change in factions option, amd new galaxy map. Now humor me for a second: Maybe they are changing the falaxy map to allow imp characters who change factions to go to pub planets, and vice verca! Who knows guys. Sorry for the double post

Ok CHOOSING A NEW FACTION HOLY FRICK FRACK that's pretty cool. As for the new galaxy map idk how i feel about that. Hyped for 5.2!!!!

I don't think they mean "choose a new faction to permanently side with it," although that would be cool. I think what they mean is "choose a faction to support in the storyline."

But hey, maybe we'll be surprised. :D (My inquisitor would defect to the Republic in a heartbeat, that's for sure. Now if only we could persuade companions to do so, as well...)

I don't think they mean "choose a new faction to permanently side with it," although that would be cool. I think what they mean is "choose a faction to support in the storyline."

But hey, maybe we'll be surprised. :D (My inquisitor would defect to the Republic in a heartbeat, that's for sure. Now if only we could persuade companions to do so, as well...)

I think this is the case.

If I am correct, which of the two returning companions we get will be based on the side we choose to support, but I do not think we will be able to "change factions".

The way they've talked about it makes it sound a pretty clearly like choosing a faction to support on Iokath rather than choosing a new faction to belong to. The latter would probably not work based on the game is set up and would cause too many headaches from both a story and technical perspective. Plus I would expect the story to frame it more as "The Outlander chooses to have the Alliance support [Faction]" rather than "The Outlander chooses to belong to [Faction]", which are not the same.

They did mention your choice will (probably? definitely?) have some longer term effects, specifically mentioning Iresso as being someone who could/would be displeased if you support the Empire. But they also said current companions won't be affected, which makes it feel like it's going to likely be very limited in its actual effects (although it still bugs me as some companions/characters should care even if you're only temporarily supporting one faction or another).

Edited by RarePorcupine

This is all I read.

^This.

Glad to see 11th, as I hoped. One happy warrior having her hubby back coming right up!

PS. Will the "chapter" content be repeatable like KOTFE/ET chapters, or one-time only to access the dailies?

Any news on an option to turn off DvL pop-ups?

Seriously. Believe it or not, this is probably the most annoying thing in the game for me now that Companions (specifically Quinn in my case) are returning. I'm convinced that whoever designed this used to design those awful pop-up ads for websites. It's unbelievably distracting and does nothing but yank me out from my SWTOR universe immersion just to constantly remind me of a non-story event that I have absolutely no interest in.

Edited by Edyn

hey folks,

game update 5.2 will be launching on tuesday, april 11th. As we begin to get closer to that date we want to talk more about some of what you can expect in the update. Starting on monday, here are some of the 5.2 topics we will begin talking about:

• new galaxy map
  • pvp on iokath
  • the daily area - what's different and what's the same
  • access to iokath - who, when, how
  • choosing a faction on iokath

we are also planning to do our 5.2 twitch stream in the next couple of weeks. On that stream we will not only talk about 5.2, but show you some of it as well. Thanks everyone!

-eric

POWERTECH BUFFS! Make it so! Engage!

Edited by Cuiwe

I think you can choose faction only on Iokath, but after daily quest nothing change.

Yeah, nothing will let imps go to coruscant or vice versa - just story stuff and prob some things on Iokath.

What WOULD be cool is if choosing a side locked you to that for the Iokath PvP - instead of what faction your toon originates n.n

Hm, Iokath brought a new civilization somehow, while the story leaves that civilization intact.

Maybe a new storyline, starts from there in the future.

Choosing a faction, Imp & Rep together or an Iokath citizen.. droid.. something like that?

Edited by WizardGR

Hopefully changing factions will have no affect on your guild.

You are not going to be able to CHANGE your faction. You will choose a faction to SUPPORT on Iokath. Because of guilds and the other hard coded aspects of the game (fleets, home worlds, faction-only worlds like Taris, etc) I'm 99.9% certain that they did not mean that you can CHANGE your faction. It will be a storyline choice, nothing more.

Happy to finally have news on release date, but I am worried, didn't see about class balance.

The silence on this subject is annoying, please tell us it is being worked on (I know balance is a constant thing, but if there are no balance changes in 5.2, this will be unheard of in this game, to wait so many months after an expansion to tweek things).